kejmanish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Male/Age 37/ Height 161.50 CMS/ Weight - 154 LBS, Belly Fat,Diet, Workout-No Fat Loss

Dear Sir,

I am a male of 37 years having height of 161 cms, weight 154 Lbs, having belly fat which makes me look ugly, my legs, hands are toned and having some muscular mass, i am doing regular cardio and strength workout (as mentioned below), but weight loss is not happening, i am confused what to do?

Work - My office work is most of the times sitting job from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Workout -
    Cardio - 30 Minutes running on treadmill at the speed of 8 without any rest for 5-6 days in week
    Strength - One Muscle every day, 4-5 types of exercise with heavy weight and having soreness every time.

Diet -

Morning -
    9:00 - One Ltr Water + L Arginin Capsule Pre Workout + 15 ML Apple Cider Vinegar with warm water
    09:30 - Half AN Hour Running
    10:30 - One Multi Vitamin Capsule + 1 Fish Oil Capsule + 4 Soaked Almonds + 1 Soaked Fig + 2 Soaked Goji berries + 1 Halve of Walnut
    11:30 - One Glass of Fresh Mix Fruit Juice (Pomgrdenade + Orange) + Indian Poha cooked with vegetables one plate
    Afternoon
    02:00 - One Indian Bread with Indian Vegetable (Less Oil and Spices) and lentil
    04:30 - Cut Fruits and Vegetables (Carrot + Apple + Cucumber + Daikon )
    06:00 - Two White Eggs + Two Whole Eggs
    07:00 - One Capsule of L Arginine
    07:30 - Gym Workout / Strength Training + BCAA One Scoop
    08:30 - One Scoop of Isolate + Creatine One Scoop + One Scoop of Glutamine
    09:15 - Dinner - One Indian Bread + Indian Vegetable (Less Oil and Spices) and lentil
    11:30 - One Glass of Low Fat Milk

I want to know if i am going into right direction or i need to do some modification into workout or diet? Your support is much appreciated.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You need to work out the calorie content of what you eat - that's more important than everything else. Then just reduce total calories if you aren't losing weight.

There's a few you could remove and would notice no difference at all too: arginine, apple cider vinegar, BCAA, glutamine

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You need to work out the calorie content of what you eat - that's more important than everything else. Then just reduce total calories if you aren't losing weight.

There's a few you could remove and would notice no difference at all too: arginine, apple cider vinegar, BCAA, glutamine
    Hiya There,

Thanks for reply, i have observed that unless i reduce all my carb diet i dont get benefits, last week i skipped my lunch and dinner and replaced it with salad, i lost some weight but on Sunday i had my cheat diet and now i am back on the same weight? 6 days of hard diet is gone by one day of cheating, yes i had 3 scotch drink too on sunday.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    A temporary reduction in carbs will causes a temporary reduction in water/glycogen weight. This comes back easily as you noticed.

Losing (or indeed gaining) actual bodyfat is a slower process. You consistently need a calorie deficit over a long period of time.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just to piggyback on what SuffolkPunch wrote, a long period of time means several weeks to months. Additionally, the smaller a person is, the lower their maintenance calories, which also means that there is less wiggle room when cutting calories. That means being more careful about going over your calorie goal, even just for one day.

runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50) runuali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At your current weight with your height, you have to be as accurate as possible, as spradish has mentioned, when I was at that weight it got real hard to drop the pounds, I was on 1400 calories and it was difficult, I remember being stuck on the same weight for like 3 weeks, I reduced calories, increased my cardio but it was really hard. You have to be on the ball because if you have a cheat meal or eat too much over your calorie allowance it will not work, as you have already experienced.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kejmanish View Post
    Dear Sir,

I am a male of 37 years having height of 161 cms, weight 154 Lbs, having belly fat which makes me look ugly, my legs, hands are toned and having some muscular mass, i am doing regular cardio and strength workout (as mentioned below), but weight loss is not happening, i am confused what to do?

Work - My office work is most of the times sitting job from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Workout -
    Cardio - 30 Minutes running on treadmill at the speed of 8 without any rest for 5-6 days in week
    Strength - One Muscle every day, 4-5 types of exercise with heavy weight and having soreness every time.

Diet -

Morning -
    9:00 - One Ltr Water + L Arginin Capsule Pre Workout + 15 ML Apple Cider Vinegar with warm water
    09:30 - Half AN Hour Running
    10:30 - One Multi Vitamin Capsule + 1 Fish Oil Capsule + 4 Soaked Almonds + 1 Soaked Fig + 2 Soaked Goji berries + 1 Halve of Walnut
    11:30 - One Glass of Fresh Mix Fruit Juice (Pomgrdenade + Orange) + Indian Poha cooked with vegetables one plate
    Afternoon
    02:00 - One Indian Bread with Indian Vegetable (Less Oil and Spices) and lentil
    04:30 - Cut Fruits and Vegetables (Carrot + Apple + Cucumber + Daikon )
    06:00 - Two White Eggs + Two Whole Eggs
    07:00 - One Capsule of L Arginine
    07:30 - Gym Workout / Strength Training + BCAA One Scoop
    08:30 - One Scoop of Isolate + Creatine One Scoop + One Scoop of Glutamine
    09:15 - Dinner - One Indian Bread + Indian Vegetable (Less Oil and Spices) and lentil
    11:30 - One Glass of Low Fat Milk

I want to know if i am going into right direction or i need to do some modification into workout or diet? Your support is much appreciated.
    Hiya There,

Thanks for reply, i have observed that unless i reduce all my carb diet i dont get benefits, last week i skipped my lunch and dinner and replaced it with salad, i lost some weight but on Sunday i had my cheat diet and now i am back on the same weight? 6 days of hard diet is gone by one day of cheating, yes i had 3 scotch drink too on sunday.

You're making several typical beginner mistakes, errors which will most certainly cause you to fail:

*You're putting faith in supplements. The only weight loss any of them will promote will be in your wallet.

*Placing value in the names of foods rather than in their calorie and macro content.

*No mention of gram-amounts of your daily calorie or macro intake or how they relate to your TDEE.

*An inordinate amount of cardio every week.

*Inappropriate weight training program.

*Having a "cheat" day (you're "cheating" all right---cheating yourself out of any progress towards your goal).

*Alcohol consumption, which provides many empty calories---calories that would be much better spent on nutritious foods. Especially relevant to someone who's supposed to be in a consistent calorie deficit.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Redgistered User dwightaroundya's Avatar
    dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dwightaroundya is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thanks for reply, i have observed that unless i reduce all my carb diet i dont get benefits
    How’s that working for you?
    Hi.

A temporary reduction in carbs will causes a temporary reduction in water/glycogen weight. This comes back easily as you noticed.

Losing (or indeed gaining) actual bodyfat is a slower process. You consistently need a calorie deficit over a long period of time.
    Thanks for insight...!!!

Originally Posted by dwightaroundya View Post
    How’s that working for you?
    It working fine but difficult to keep going, i do it for a week or few 3-4 days and it reduces my weight by 1-2 kg

Hiya There,

Thanks for taking out time to read and reply!
    1. Supplements i am taking because i believe that they might help me somehow in building muscle, am i wrong?
    2. I have done complete research as per my knowledge and the same is attached herewith below (Attached as xl file too)
    3. Attached below (Attached as xl file too)
    4. 30 Minutes run every morning is inordinate? should i reduce, please suggest
    5. What improvements that you suggest in Weight Training Program
    6. Cheat Day - I am quitting drinks and will control my cheat day now onwards

Please suggest if my planning is right -
    BMR 1580
    TDEE 1976

Per Day Protein Requirement 0.9 per pound
    Body Weight 70 kg / 154 Pound
    Protein Requirement 138.6 GMS
    Calories Via Protein 554.4
    Balance Required Calorie 1421.6
    Calorie Deficit 300
    Calorie Requirement After Deficit 1121.6

Fat Requirement 15%
    Calories from Fat 296.4
    Fat Requirement 32.93

Carb Requirement (Calorie Wise) 825.2
    Carb Required (Gram) 206.3

Macronutrient Calculation
    Macros Quantity Calories %
    Protein 138.6 554.4 33.08
    Carb 206.3 825.2 49.24
    Fat 32.93 296.4 17.68

Daily Calorie Intake 1676 100%
    TDEE 1976
    Deficit 300

01.08.2018 - BMR =1580 / TDEE = 1976 / DEFICIT = 300/ TARGET 1676 / PROTEIN 0.9 PER POUND /FAT 15% BALANCE CALORIE

Time of Eating Food Type Quantity Protein Carb Fat
    Pre Work Out L Arginine 1 0 0 0
    Post Work Out Fish Oil 1 0.151 0 0.936
    Post Work Out Almonds 4 1.2 0.8 2.4
    Post Work Out Soaked Fig 1 0.3 7.7 0.1
    Post Work Out Walnuts 1 0.3 0.3 1.3
    Post Work Out Soaked Goji Berries 2 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Post Work Out Apple Cider Vinegar 10 ML 0.0 10.0 0.0
    Post Work Out Whey Protein 1 25.0 1.7 0.5
    Breakfast Pomegranate Juice/Mix Fruit 100 Ml 0.4 25 0.5
    Breakfast Poha with Vegetables 250 GMS 9 38 1
    Breakfast Papad 1 2.3 5.39 0.29
    Lunch Indian Vegetable 1 5 30 5
    Lunch Dal 1 Bowl (200 ml) 5.6 16 2.4
    Lunch Whole Wheat Bread 1 3.0 15.0 0.4 (Excluding Fiber of 1.9 Gms per slice)
    Lunch Papad 1 2.3 5.39 0.29
    Evening Snack Apple 1 0.4 17.4 0.3 (Excluding Fiber of 1.4 Gms)
    Evening Snack Carrot(5.5 Inches long) 1 0.5 3.4 0.1 (Excluding Fiber of 1.4 Gms)
    Evening Snack Radish White (100 Gms) 1 0.6 2.5 0.1 (Excluding Fiber of 1.6 Gms)
    Evening Snack Orange (One Fruit 2.5/8 Dia) 1 1.2 12 0.2 (Excluding Fiber of 3.1 Gms)
    Evening Snack Cucumber (100 Gms) 1 0.7 3.1 0.1 (Excluding Fiber of 0.5 Gms)
    Evening Snack Egg White 3 12.0 0.0 0.0 (Excluding Fiber of 1.9 Gms per slice)
    Evening Snack Whole Egg 2 12.58 1.12 10.6
    Pre Work Out Pre Work out 1 0 1.75 0.02
    During Work Out BCAA 15 Gms 0 1.41 0
    Post Work Out Whey Protein 1 25.0 1.65 0.46
    Late Night Snack Skimmed Milk 250 GM 1.65 2.35 1.5
    Dinner Egg White 4 16 0 0
    Dinner Whole Egg 1 6.29 0.56 5.3
    Total 131.478 202.448 33.741
    Calories Eating 525.912 809.792 303.669
    Total 1639.373
    % of total calorie 32.1 49.4 18.5
    Target 138.6 206.3 32.93
    Deficit/ Extra 7.122 3.852 -0.80

Please suggest.
    Attached Files

GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How in the hell did I get tricked into reading that? I want to drop everything and say congrats on explaining but srs no one is going to critique that.

Not sure where you got your fat requirement from but it's too low - I'd recommend at least 1gram per kg of bodyweight each day.

Once again, individual food choices are a matter of preference and won't affect the outcome given equal macro/micro intake. Timings are mostly irrelevant and in answer to your question about supplements, I've already listed the ones I don't think are worth the money above.

I don't recommend 'cheat' days at all - if you want results your average daily calorie intake has to be low enough. Having said that, I think 1500 calories is too low for any adult male, don't try to rush this and your results will be better in the long run.

Not sure where you got your fat requirement from but it's too low - I'd recommend at least 1gram per kg of bodyweight each day.

Once again, individual food choices are a matter of preference and won't affect the outcome given equal macro/micro intake. Timings are mostly irrelevant and in answer to your question about supplements, I've already listed the ones I don't think are worth the money above.

I don't recommend 'cheat' days at all - if you want results your average daily calorie intake has to be low enough. Having said that, I think 1500 calories is too low for any adult male, don't try to rush this and your results will be better in the long run.
    Thanks for Advising!

Originally Posted by GunsNsteak View Post
    How in the hell did I get tricked into reading that? I want to drop everything and say congrats on explaining but srs no one is going to critique that.
    Thanks for reading and spending Time on It, I appreciate!!!