asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

pain in right knee, from squats

I did my last workout a couple of days ago which involved squats, bench and barbell rows. I am doing the stronglift 5x5 routine, trying to increase the weight each workout. When I was doing my working sets of squats, on one of the earlier sets I accidentally swayed to my right on the way up, which meant more of the effort was placed on my right leg (I did get the weight up without issue). I managed to sort it out on future reps and sets without further issue but today have noticed a slight pain in my right knee, not when doing everyday activities but noticable at the bottom of a bodyweight squat. I was planning to do my next workout this evening but would it be better to wait a day or two to see if the right knee irritation goes away?

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by asrl78 View Post
    I did my last workout a couple of days ago which involved squats, bench and barbell rows. I am doing the stronglift 5x5 routine, trying to increase the weight each workout. When I was doing my working sets of squats, on one of the earlier sets I accidentally swayed to my right on the way up, which meant more of the effort was placed on my right leg (I did get the weight up without issue). I managed to sort it out on future reps and sets without further issue but today have noticed a slight pain in my right knee, not when doing everyday activities but noticable at the bottom of a bodyweight squat. I was planning to do my next workout this evening but would it be better to wait a day or two to see if the right knee irritation goes away?
    Obviously the smart thing would be not to push your squats if your knee is bugging you. Test it out with an empty barbell. If that feels fine start working up in weight and see how it feels.

If there is too much discomfort I would shut it down.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a podcast that's really helped me manage my own aches and pains:

"Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) henrycox629 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by asrl78 View Post
    Might want to replace with other workouts until your knee starts to feel better

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never train into pain.
    If it's muscle pain from an intense workout thats one thing but pain in a joint or unnatural pain from like a muscle spasm is not good.
    Use common sense and don't do any movement that hurt or irritates the knee until it's gone.

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the advice. I am going to play safe and put the training on hold for a couple of days. Next time I do squats I will make sure to concentrate on form.