FroJoe99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help cutting and leaning up (inc pics)

214 lbs (15.3 Stone)
    5.7 ft (171 CM)
    19.5 Years old
    32.9 BMI
    Smoker

(See TLDR at the bottom of post if you can’t/don’t want to read the paragraphs)

Hi everybody.
    I’ve been gradually putting on weight throughout the past 3/4 years, and I’m now at my heaviest and feel disgusting about myself. My diet is quite carb-heavy. Breakfast is usually toast or a pasty from Greggs, Lunch consists of a sandwich (usually cheese) a bag of crisps and a snack. Dinner is also usually carb-heavy too. Fizzy drinks are regular as is late night snacking on crisps and chocolate.

I relationship with food, as you can see, is extremely unhealthy. It’s a vicious circle but I finally feel ready to start changing my life and feeling better about myself. It’s having such a negative effect on my confidence, sex life (non-existent) and general health.

I want to slim down and lean up as quickly as possible - I know it can’t happen overnight but when you live a life like this instant gratification is so hardwired, I feel like in order for me to maintain my motivation I need to be able to see some results on a regular basis. I don’t know how realistic this is though.

My lifestyle is generally inactive at the moment. I can lift two 7.5 dumbbells without straining too much, but I struggle with 10 minutes on a rowing machine and treadmill.

I really need some help and direction which is why i’m posting here. Sure there are tons of people asking for personalised advice - I’m nobody special, but if somebody could please give me an insight I would be very grateful, and if somebody experienced wanted to go on this journey with me I am willing to pay for a customised plan.

Thanks a lot guys, any more info needed just ask

TLDR; I need some advice on how to start cutting my fat and increasing my muscle mass. Looking for diet and workout advice. Willing to pay for somebody to come along with me on my journey and help provide such individuals plans for me.

FroJoe99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Pictures

(remove spaces)
    https ://ibb.co/pLdfT5s[/url]
    https ://ibb.co/1LjxcCr[/url]

needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50) needgains1024 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're right it's not going to happen overnight. This is going to be a challenge, it's going to be tough, but remember good things come from people that work hard.

Don't look at this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. Eat 500 calories below your maintenance calories and lift weights. Choose any program from this website. All programs will work for you as you'll gain muscle as a noob. Take photos every month, and keep an eye on the scales. You don't want to lose more than 2lbs a week, even though the first week you could see a big loss as water weight will go down. Try and lose 1 lb a week. this is not a marathon. 1 lbs a week might not sound a lot, but that's 52lbs a year. This time next year you could look like a completely different man, but that's completely up to you. How much do you want this? Are you willing to ignore the cravings of unhealthy food? Are you willing to see people have a nice pasty, and you just turn a blind eye to it? Are you willing to put your body through pain?

Good luck.

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FroJoe99 View Post
    I want to slim down and lean up as quickly as possible - I know it can’t happen overnight but when you live a life like this instant gratification is so hardwired, I feel like in order for me to maintain my motivation I need to be able to see some results on a regular basis. I don’t know how realistic this is though.
    You are not alone in this. I've seen a LOT of obese people with similar mind set in this very web site. Usually it does not end well, when obese person tries to lose weight as quickly as possible. Usually they lose some and then gains it all back. Also, I can tell you from experience that I have done that too in the past.

As mentioned by needgains1024, you need to do a complete lifestyle change, not just lose weight quickly as possible in order to succeed in the long run. Also, read this to get started: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FroJoe99 View Post
    Sure there are tons of people asking for personalised advice - I’m nobody special, but if somebody could please give me an insight I would be very grateful,
    What many fail to realize is they don't require anything specialized. What applies to them applies to the masses.

Read the stickies in the Nutritional and Fat Loss boards, as well as finding a full body program from the stickies in the Workout Programs board.

Apply what you learn, stick with the program.

It's that simple. The rest is up to you.

And it would be a great time to stop smoking.

I smoked for decades, quit May 18 of this year, so not coming off as a "holier than thou".
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."
    Dean Stanforth- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Not actually Tyrone lmao TyroneFranchize's Avatar
    TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000) TyroneFranchize is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Well the links dont work for me. But I'm assuming your fat/obese. But dw cut it's always as simple as just eating less calories than maintenance. Eat a 750 calories deficit each day. Count macros for a week and see how your weight changes for that week. Limit sodium which means no fast food bc it'll skew the scale from water weight. Cook your own meals so you understand your metabolism. Use myfitnesspal app for rice, chicken, fish, eggs, etc.... You don't even need to run, but definitely work out so you'll look better when you finally make it.
    Gym PR's @220
    420/330/505

Currently @175
    375/295/495