Closed Thread
    Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Fasting" With Vitamins, BCAAs, Fish Oil, Feasible?

I've tossed around the idea of doing an extended fast like 3 weeks or 30 days or whatnot, but I know with no protein intake, the body will cannibalize its own muscle, so if I were to do a "fast" or partial-fast where I take a few strategic supplements, could that mitigate muscle loss?
    I'm thinking of the following supplements:

1. General multi-vitamins
    2. B-Vitamins
    3. Fish Oil
    4. BCAA/Branch-Chain Amino Acids
    5. Ground Flax Seed, which has insoluble fiber, which won't be digested as carbs by the body
    6. Perhaps strategic amounts of pure protein, like fish or eggs in small amounts, every several days.

Would that work well or would I be better off not ingesting anything at all? Or maybe just the vitamins? I'd love to reap the benefits of a prolonged fast but I'd hate to lose a significant amount of muscle.

hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So let me make sure I'm reading this correctly you want to fast for 30 days on vitamin tablets.....

This isn't the bible, may have worked for Messiah but you are just a naughty boy!! If that is the case then that is completely stupid and I highly advise not doing anything close to that daft.

Where on earth do this insane ideas come from. One thing that might happen after 30 days of no food death most likely.

If you mean something else please expand.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Extreme dieting measures are neither advised nor healthy and even discussing them on this forum is prohibited.

Thread lock coming in 3, 2, 1...
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."
    Dean Stanforth- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heckboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Other people have fasted for that long. You only die of starvation if you don't have fat to feed your needs. I'm overweight so as long as I meet my nutritional needs, medically speaking it is feasible.
    There is that famous cause of a man fasting for 381 days, starting at over 400lbs, and he was supervised by doctors and given vitamins and such to keep him well.
    There are channels on youtube documenting people going through long fasts and they lose weight, but I'm not thinking of going to the extreme where I look like a skeleton.
    I'm also not mentally unstable to the point that I would rather starve than be fat or whatever. You won't see me proudly displaying my loose skin on my skeletal body, no way.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Heckboy View Post
    Other people have fasted for that long. You only die of starvation if you don't have fat to feed your needs. I'm overweight so as long as I meet my nutritional needs, medically speaking it is feasible.
    There is that famous cause of a man fasting for 381 days, starting at over 400lbs, and he was supervised by doctors and given vitamins and such to keep him well.
    There are channels on youtube documenting people going through long fasts and they lose weight, but I'm not thinking of going to the extreme where I look like a skeleton.
    I'm also not mentally unstable to the point that I would rather starve than be fat or whatever. You won't see me proudly displaying my loose skin on my skeletal body, no way.
    BCAA is not enough, you will lose muscle without a hefty dose of protein. And given that this is a body BUILDING forum, we aren't interested in this. If you are obese look into Lyle McDonalds Rapid Fatloss. Otherwise we don't recommend anyone try to lose more than 1% bodyweight per week - hence the locked thread.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 12-07-2018 at 06:39 AM.