binfieldx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body seems to cling onto fat for dear life

So i've always had this problem where my body seems to just cling onto fat and I seem to have narrowed it down to carbohydrates. Maybe I'm slightly sensitive to them but I find if I eat rice, potatoes etc even just once a day (we're talking 50g) my body starts to fatten out and hold onto fat/bloating around the belly etc. The problem I face is I need the carbs for the weightlifting and muay thai classes I take. I find if I don't have any carbs at all I have a dinstinct lack of power. I've heard you can get all your carbohydrates from vegetables and I've found when I cut out the carbs and just eat green veg etc that the bloating stops and such but I don't get that same feeling of extra power like I do with rice or something. Is there particular vegetables I can have that are better than others? I usually have broc****, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes and fruits like blueberries, oranges etc.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It’s likely just water causing the bloating not fat. You could try adjusting the intake of your preferred carb sources. There will be a point where you get the benifits without spilling over. Spill8ng over is basically holding water in interstitial spaces because the cells are capacity for holding glycogen and associated water. Sometimes if I go overboard on starchy carbs (usually sodium too) I’ll need to use a different hole in my lifting belt just from bloat. It goes away quickly.

Adjust until you find your sweet spot where you fill out, have the energy you feel from them but don’t get as bloated.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by binfieldx View Post
    So i've always had this problem where my body seems to just cling onto fat
    Your prior post seem to disagree as it would appear you've lost a good amount of fat.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1186713231

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1186716021
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

binfieldx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    Your prior post seem to disagree as it would appear you've lost a good amount of fat.
    That was awhile back but i'm still kind of in the same boat, just seem to have plateau'd

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by binfieldx View Post
    Maybe I'm slightly sensitive to them but I find if I eat rice, potatoes etc even just once a day (we're talking 50g) my body starts to fatten out and hold onto fat/bloating around the belly etc

Sounds somewhat ridiculous. Perhaps you should less time examining inevitable transient changes in the way your body looks from eating 50g of rice?

I eat about 400g of carbs a day. That would translate to about 500g of uncooked dry white rice. I can't get that from veggies. Since I eat that much carbohydrate daily my body always looks about the same. It's not uncommon to become overly focused on ones image in the mirror while dieting for a long period of time. When that translates to fear of 50g of rice perhaps it's gone too far?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl