JimDragan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help me improve my diet !

Hello BodyBuilding.gr First thread on your forums . I am making this thread to learn new things and improve my diet . I started working out 2 months ago , and I can tell that its going pretty well. I am doing bodybuilding exercises and some cardio after / between my workout days . My workout plan is : Monday ( chest and shoulders ) , Tuesday ( rest ) , Wednesday ( back and triceps ) , Thursday ( rest ) , Friday ( again chest and shoulders ) . Saturday ( Legs ) , Sunday ( rest ) . I know that my program lacks of bicep and abs workouts but I am trying to improve my overall body first and then Ill aim for more specific muscles . ( I will probably make another tread about it to improve that as well )

So , My current diet plan is : Breakfast arround 100 ml of milk + oats ( 4 tablespoons ) and half a scoop of warrior labs gainer protein with 250mlk of milk ( I know its cringy that a noob has supplements but I didnt have to buy it so... ) Pre-workout ( Because I workout in the morning ) : half scoup of warriorlabs protein with 250ml water this time .

Post - workout ( 1 full scoup of warriorlabs protein with 500 ml water )
    Lunch ( mid-day meal ) : Whatever my mom has cooked ( ... ) , it will probably be meat like chicken , fish , pasta , rice , or things like legume and spinach for example .
    For my afternoon meal , I eat either eat 2 chicken fillets ( and some times with rice ) , or again the same food I ate in the lunch , only if its meat .
    My dinner is always an omelette with 3 eggs
    And last but not least , before I get to bed , I eat greek yogurt with some walnuts . ( I started doing this 2 days ago as I heard that the casein that the yogurt contains is needed when you sleep to grow more muscle.)

So thats my nutrition plan , I know that it might be super bad , but I am new and I am doing my best to learn new things My transformation started 2 months ago , and I really want you to help me achieve my goals .

Thanks in advance . With regards , Jim

Edit : I forgot to mention that I am 18 years old , height : 1.88 , weight : around 88 kg
    Last edited by JimDragan; 12-07-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How old are you?

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    How old are you?
    You are right... I forgot to mention that I am 18 years old . Thanks for the reply !

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You provided a menu.

Does it meet your caloric/macro needs?

That's what you need to learn. Read the stickies and figure it out.
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."
    Dean Stanforth- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    You provided a menu.

Does it meet your caloric/macro needs?

That's what you need to learn. Read the stickies and figure it out.
    I think that my protein is pretty good . My fats too . I am a bit considered about the cards because of the oats and the gainer supplement .. I think that I am consuming my recommended carbs daily income only with my breakfast .. I really have to check that out .

Should I Check my needed macros with a random calculator on the internet ? Thanks for the reply !

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you read the sticky threads here, you would know there isn't a limit for how many carbs (or any other macro) you can have - besides staying within your calorie target.

Put all those things into myfitnesspal and tell us what the result is.

You can get an initial guess at how many calories you need from a calculator. You will need to adjust as you go along though since these are really just guesswork

Macros are calculated as 1.6g of protein and 1g of fat (as minimums) per kg of bodyweight

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JimDragan View Post
    I think that my protein is pretty good . My fats too . I am a bit considered about the cards because of the oats and the gainer supplement .. I think that I am consuming my recommended carbs daily income only with my breakfast .. I really have to check that out .

Should I Check my needed macros with a random calculator on the internet ? Thanks for the reply !
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you read the sticky threads here, you would know there isn't a limit for how many carbs (or any other macro) you can have - besides staying within your calorie target.

Put all those things into myfitnesspal and tell us what the result is.

You can get an initial guess at how many calories you need from a calculator. You will need to adjust as you go along though since these are really just guesswork

Macros are calculated as 1.6g of protein and 1g of fat (as minimums) per kg of bodyweight
    ^ This, but be aware there can be inaccuracies with MFP, so verify against food packaging labels.

In addition, "think" and "know" are 2 different things.

When it comes to having the desire to see actual results, I prefer to know.
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."

formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000) formicaman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat some more fruits and veggies.

Originally Posted by formicaman View Post
    Eat some more fruits and veggies.
    I usually have some veggies in my mid day launch , and a banana in my last meal!

Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Heizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's not so much 'what you eat' that you want to focus on. It's the overall calories/macros that you are intaking to meet your goals.

If you are looking to lose weight, then you need to eat in a calorie deficit diet.

If you are looking to gain weight, then you need to eat in a calorie surplus diet.

I would recommend using an app like MyFitnessPal and reading through the nutrition section stickies to help you determine the amount of calories/macros that you should be targeting.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Originally Posted by Heizz View Post
    It's not so much 'what you eat' that you want to focus on. It's the overall calories/macros that you are intaking to meet your goals.

If you are looking to lose weight, then you need to eat in a calorie deficit diet.

If you are looking to gain weight, then you need to eat in a calorie surplus diet.

I would recommend using an app like MyFitnessPal and reading through the nutrition section stickies to help you determine the amount of calories/macros that you should be targeting.
    The truth is that I dont know what should I do ... All these apps keep asking the same thing " do you want to add weight or lose ? " . And I am super confused about what I should do . Of course and I want to gain more muscle , but I really want to lose some bodyfat too . My brother keeps telling me though that my body fat is fine , but I am looking like that because I lack of muscles to support my body .. what do you think ?

Originally Posted by JimDragan View Post
    The truth is that I dont know what should I do ... All these apps keep asking the same thing " do you want to add weight or lose ? " . And I am super confused about what I should do . Of course and I want to gain more muscle , but I really want to lose some bodyfat too . My brother keeps telling me though that my body fat is fine , but I am looking like that because I lack of muscles to support my body .. what do you think ?
    You'll need to add a pic to your profile if you want advice. Nobody has a crystal ball.