Registered User cleanlifestyle1's Avatar
    cleanlifestyle1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for mentor on diet plan/Beginner

I am new to bodybuilding.com and was introduced by my boss who is a bodybuilder. He gave me a meal plan to follow but I do not believe that it is going to be sufficient for my goals. I am looking to get a more detailed plan for my specific details/goals. I am not afraid to eat clean and do not have a problem doing so even though in the past I have eaten like crap.

Here are my details: Please forgive me if I leave anything out or sound like a total noob.
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 218
    Body type description: I have a stocky build with love handles. I can send pictures if requested.
    Sex: male
    Activity: I have a gym membership and was doing cardio pretty much every day for about 20 minutes until recently. I have been doing the elyptical for about 20 minutes for the last couple of days but don't lift weights as I don't know what I am doing and don't want to waste my time until I do.

My goal: I am not looking to body build or train for strength. I want to have a more athletic build and be healthy all around.

I really appreciate any feedback that I can get and plan to take it very seriously.
    Thank you.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your goal makes 0 sense.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Body building doesn't just mean making yourself look like those 300 lb monsters in the Mr. Olympia, it has a wide range of looks; thus giving yourself a more athletic build is "body building". Strength gains are a byproduct of lifting weights in a program that focuses on progressive overload. You can't lift weights and build muscle without achieving more strength gains in the process.

Start by reading this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

And then read this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Nobody is going to give you a meal plan, you build your own meal plan by reading nutrition labels and counting calories and macronutrients to meet your desired goal.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

Jakeh1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakeh1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakeh1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakeh1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cleanlifestyle1 View Post
    don't lift weights as I don't know what I am doing and don't want to waste my time until I do.
    I'm so confused by this statement that I am actually speechless.
    Attached Images

Nice. Ask for help, get this.

Thank you for being the only person to reply with something helpful. I will read what you recommended.

I am trying to get a plan together before I go in the gym and look like a fool and don't make any progress. I figure if im going to spend time there it might as well be constructive.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am trying to get a plan together before I go in the gym and look like a fool and don't make any progress. I figure if im going to spend time there it might as well be constructive.
    A lot of what you need to know nutrition wise is covered in depth at the top of this page in the stickies. As for a workout plan, head over to the exercise program section and pick one of the proven beginner plans like stronglifts or fierce 5. You won't look like a fool
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No one in the gym cares what you're doing unless you are taking up space for no reason. I get that there's this stereotype of "bodybuilders" being *******s or whatever, but literally no one gives a fuk what you do there. We are all trying to better ourselves and get on with the rest of our day. There's not a single person in my gym i give 2 fuks about to look at what they're doing.
    USAF
    LEO

Ok thank you I appreciate it.