Thread: Macros - Fat

JakeNoSnake98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros - Fat

What fat sources do you find to be the most efficient in terms of reaching your % with the lowest amount of calories in the process ?

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    like, most convenient?

I just eat whole eggs and add flax and/or almond butter to my oats...

that, or I get some fat from cheese here and there.
    Why live a 'good' life when you could live an EPIC life?

JakeNoSnake98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tend to gravitate towards cheese quite a bit, butter when I make salmon, would you think olive oil would be a better choice in terms of health or should I fine if I mix it up here and there ?

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JakeNoSnake98 View Post
    I tend to gravitate towards cheese quite a bit, butter when I make salmon, would you think olive oil would be a better choice in terms of health or should I fine if I mix it up here and there ?
    instead of what?

overall olive oil will have more health-promoting qualities than butter, to be sure.

As far as I know, butter is basically just a super-high SFA option... whereas EVOO for example and cheese have more nutrients and less Sat Fat.

But I mean... it's about the net balance of everything, so I can't say having some butter is going to actually cause a problem.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JakeNoSnake98 View Post
    If you're looking for health benefits it's best to avoid butter.

For cooking refined olive oil is good. For salads use extra virgin. Canola oil is also a good option.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    If you're looking for health benefits it's best to avoid butter.

For cooking refined olive oil is good. For salads use extra virgin. Canola oil is also a good option.
    I was shocked when I saw the omega 3 content of canola... not bad at all.

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Walnuts, swiss cheese, sunflower seeds, sardines (in olive oil), avocado.... to name a few.

I have 3 eggs every morning, and with fats contained in other foods, I generally don't have to try too hard to make-up any deficit.

I try to end the day (because I like it) with a bowl of yogurt, blueberries, and a scoop of protein powder, and if needing fat, walnuts. I can even toss-in some oats for carbs.
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."
    Dean Stanforth- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull