sinlift is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein Intake Sufficient?

I am a 20 year old 155 LBS guy, going to the gym for 1.5 years. I eat 8 eggs a day, drink whey Protein twice a day, and moderately eat pulses and vegetables in addition to the other carbs that I eat. I also eat 250 grams of Chicken Breast once a week. Is this protein consumption sufficient?

Currently I am able to Bench Press 140 lbs, Deadlift 200 lbs, Shoulder Press 95 lbs (4-6 Rep Numbers). I feel that I am not able to lift enough and I want to gain size over the next few months significantly.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please go to the main page and read the stickies, especially the one on macros and the one on how to ask for a diet critique.

AlCak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sinlift View Post
    I am a 20 year old 155 LBS guy, going to the gym for 1.5 years. I eat 8 eggs a day, drink whey Protein twice a day, and moderately eat pulses and vegetables in addition to the other carbs that I eat. I also eat 250 grams of Chicken Breast once a week. Is this protein consumption sufficient?

Currently I am able to Bench Press 140 lbs, Deadlift 200 lbs, Shoulder Press 95 lbs (4-6 Rep Numbers). I feel that I am not able to lift enough and I want to gain size over the next few months significantly.
    A good rule is 0.8-1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. For you that would be 155g of protein a day. 2 scoops of whey and 8 eggs amount to around 100g of protein a day. This means you'll definitely meet you protein intake unless you eat very very little the rest of the day. However, it highly likely that it is your calorie intake that is holding you back and not your protein intake. At your weight, if you eat enough to gain weight, you most likely will meet your protein intake anyway. So don't stress the macros too much and just eat a lot.