Zainzgainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Are my Calories too Low ? What should my Calorie intake really be ?

Hi I have currently been cutting for 7 weeks and have dropped around 8lbs but I do feel I should have been able to drop more. My weight is currently 153 lbs and my height is 5 foot 10 and am currently eating 1750 calories a day. I am training 5 to 6 days all weight training finishing with around an hour of cardio each session. I have been experiencing sleep issues, my motivation has gone completely and my libido is non existent. Some help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eating 1750 calories is not super low and generally would of thought you could function on this amount (when miscounting and error rates are included). However if you feel it is impacting on your life and training try increasing calories a bit and see how your weight loss goes.

Ensure you are hitting your minimum levels of fats as well (0.4g per lb of bw) as this can effect your moods. Remember you don't need to exercise every day in order to lose weight most of weight loss is caused by diet.

Okay how many calories should I be consuming ? I always underestimate how many calories i need.

hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No-one can answer that expect you their is too many variables (how active are you, is your work life physical, is your cardio steady state/ HIIT, what weight training program etc).

So my best advice is to work out your TDEE maintenance either by experience (this will take time usually about month to truly workout maintenance calories) or use a TDEE calculator like this:-

https://tdeecalculator.net/

Then deduct 500 calories off then monitor if you don't lose weight (about 1-2lbs) after 2 weeks drop more calories, if you drop more then 2lbs (as you aren't fat so best to stick to 1-2lbs a week) increase calories. Other reasons to increase calories a small bit would be if you feel completely drained, mood is suffering or workout is suffering. Also it is key to get good macros as this can effect mood.

Okay thank you I've dropped 8 lbs in the 7 weeks but feel like I could drop more. Okay brilliant thank you for your help it's appreciated.

Originally Posted by Zainzgainz View Post
    Okay thank you I've dropped 8 lbs in the 7 weeks but feel like I could drop more. Okay brilliant thank you for your help it's appreciated.
    That is a generally the recommended amount a lean individual should lose. I would recommend not trying to cut too fast as it will mess with your moods and really can cause major stress. So I would stick with losing a max of 1lb a week as you aren't fat at 153lb so best take it slow as muscle loss is possible if you cut too hard for too long.

See the thing is I'm a student but I train 5-6 days a week so would I put moderate excersise ?

I would go for moderate and then just monitor remember the calculator is just an estimate and you will need to vary it depending on progress on your weight loss.

Okay thanks well it says my maintainence is 2600 so I will start eating at 2100. I will bump up my current calories and see how it goes. Thank you for your help. Also one more question is there a weight I shouldn't dip below I mean I'm not heavy I'm pretty light so I feel I shouldn't cut for much longer ? Sorry for so many questions

Originally Posted by Zainzgainz View Post
    Okay thanks well it says my maintainence is 2600 so I will start eating at 2100. I will bump up my current calories and see how it goes. Thank you for your help. Also one more question is there a weight I shouldn't dip below I mean I'm not heavy I'm pretty light so I feel I shouldn't cut for much longer ? Sorry for so many questions
    No problem with asking questions its a forum and everyone here is happy to answer. Well my personal opinion is weight is a arbitrary thing. As long as your BMI is not in the underweight stage then generally I cut until I am happy with bf% or I feel its pointless cutting and should really add muscle. The best idea to get other peoples views (as it can be difficult to note self improvement) is to post a picture.

Yes you got a point. Yeah I will keep going until I'm happy with my body fat. Thank for your help man it's greatly appreciated.