ted1212 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gym owners - anybody use Mindbody?

Recently opened up a small gym and have been looking at different business solution softwares. Am mainly considering Mindbody for all of its features, but was wondering how some of the less pricey options compare (Zenplanner, simplybook, etc.)? Have heard from some friends that using Mindbody can be a pain in the you know what, so was wondering if anybody had experience with it on the business side? Can't really afford to purchase a software that glitches and makes me lose business. How is functionality/customer service/ease-of-use for us and the customers, etc.

Additionally, was wondering if any gym owners used Mindbody for customer acquisition? We're currently on ClassPass, but had heard MB recently started a similar service so was wondering how they compare.

I guess the overall question I'm trying to ask owners is is Mindbody worth the pricetag?

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think my belly dance instructor uses it for her dance classes. I can ask when I see her next.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use to have MB a few years ago. After continually jacking the prices every few month and poor customer service, I ditched them for Zen Planner. We only use it for billing and scheduling, so we didn't have much use for all of their features.
    www.dreesperformance.com

ted1212 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonmd123 View Post
    I use to have MB a few years ago. After continually jacking the prices every few month and poor customer service, I ditched them for Zen Planner. We only use it for billing and scheduling, so we didn't have much use for all of their features.
    Thanks for the information. Is the pricing more consistent with Zen Planner? Wouldn't want to commit to something only to have to ditch it after an unreasonable price increase - I imagine its a major pain migrating to a different software - moving information, retraining staff, etc.

Which brings me to another question more people may have insight to - how easy is Mindbody for employees to use? I probably won't be the one using it on a day-to-day basis, so wondering how intuitive it is to use and how easy it is to teach/pick up.

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ted1212 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Is the pricing more consistent with Zen Planner? Wouldn't want to commit to something only to have to ditch it after an unreasonable price increase - I imagine its a major pain migrating to a different software - moving information, retraining staff, etc.

Which brings me to another question more people may have insight to - how easy is Mindbody for employees to use? I probably won't be the one using it on a day-to-day basis, so wondering how intuitive it is to use and how easy it is to teach/pick up.
    It's based on your active members. They haven't raised prices in the last two years I have been with them. I think the base price is $80.

MB was a little harder to learn. You'll need to go through a few hours of training with them. Zen Planner takes some time, but not quite as long.
    www.dreesperformance.com

EveryBodyspt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    we have contemplated it