wehler53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need advice about weight loss and if I'm doing it wrong?

Hi all,

The basics - I'm 22, 188cm (6'2ish), and 105kg (~230lbs). I'm targeting around 80-85kg.

So I've decided to get on a bit of a weight loss journey, saw myself in the mirror one morning and decided it was time for a change. As my friends would describe it I have the slowest metabolism going around, eating the same diet as my friends I live with and having similar activity levels I gain weight like it's going out of fashion and they maintain their weight. I have had experiences in the past where I've struggled to lose weight though I learnt that has alot to do with newbie muscle gains. So this time I started out with a 30 Minute weight exercise for about a month and I can see a difference, my weight went up roughly 5kg in the month whilst still dieting. I'm now 2 weeks through my program of cardio and weight workouts rotating between the two on a nightly basis to give my muscle groups time to recover. I use and exercise bike for cardio as I'm not allowed to job for exercise due to bad shin splints.

My recommended ki intake to maintain weight is ~10,000kj and my average intake over the space of the last 2 weeks has been 6000-7000jk, and yet when I got to my weigh in day I had gained 1.6kg on my pre cardio weigh in. I understand there's alot if variables such as water retention and muscle gain in my legs. But I thought I'd post this up so if I'm making any mistakes I can fix it asap.

My daily meal plan is as follows

Breakfast - 1 protien bar, and 1 protien shake

Lunch - 2 - lean leg ham on a wholegrain wrap with carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and a couple other vegetables that come in and out. With that I have 1-2 glasses of no added sugar natural orange juice.

Dinner - Varies by how hungry I am feeling (if I have 2 wraps usually just a snack of carrots and other vegetables, but if I have 1 wrap usually something like a chicken stir-fry with vegetables with low salt and low fat favouring. And orange juice or water as the drink.

I then exercise after dinner, on completion of exercise I will have 1 protien shake and occasionally a snack of fruit or vegetables.

I'm a uni student so alot if my time is spent sat Infront of a computer doing assignments and such. I drink between 3 and 4 litres of water every day.

Any advice suggestions or whatever else would be appreciated, cheers.

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You just need to get your diet in check. If you're eating more calories than you're using in a day (surplus), you'll be gaining weight.

It's as simple as eating less, weighing yourself each week (same time and day) and adjusting your caloric intake based on the scales.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a menu, not a meal plan. And not one mention of how many calories is in each of those items... If you're not losing weight you are not in a caloric deficit.

Get a food scale, learn to count calories, and start here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.