akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio while lifting for body recomp?

I started lifting four months ago very skinny fat size 40 waist, 6’2 95 lb bench squat 95lbs dL 115. Now size 36 waist, 165 bench 270 squat 295 DL. Look drastically different but still fat.

I’m keeping protein at around 200g a day and carbs low/moderate depending on energy levels.

Should I incorporate cardio into my program to aid with the fat loss or stick with what I’m doing?

Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iluvmud is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by akghostrider View Post
    I started lifting four months ago very skinny fat size 40 waist, 6’2 95 lb bench squat 95lbs dL 115. Now size 36 waist, 165 bench 270 squat 295 DL. Look drastically different but still fat.

I’m keeping protein at around 200g a day and carbs low/moderate depending on energy levels.

Should I incorporate cardio into my program to aid with the fat loss or stick with what I’m doing?
    never hurts to do cardio.... I usually do 30min after my weight session.

akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10) akghostrider is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isn’t cardio detrimental to gains?

SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That comes from the old adage of olympic class marathon runners being supremely thin. If anyone did 3 hours of cardio a day, even if they did do some weight training, they'd be extremely lean and gracile too. Doing 20min. every day wouldn't be detrimental at all as long as you bumped your calorie intake by 200-300 to compensate. If anything, it improves your nutrient partitioning, heart health, and aerobic fitness. More oxygen and blood your body can process for energy, the more weight you can lift That, and doing cycling and jogging will give you more bumps on your thighs; swimming or rowing would give you more delts, and jump rope would develop the calves

Do a little cardio, it's good for you.
    "What's the one thing you gain from losing everything? It's perspective because then it wasn't about if my glass was half empty or half full, I was just grateful that I had a glass." - Nick Scott

Lost a lotta weight crew
    Weighted Pull-Up 50lbs x 3
    Every Damn Day Crew
    Enjoys a Cup of Coffee Crew
    18% Bodyfat Crew
    Home Gym Crew
    Dumbbells or GTFO Crew
    Safety Razor Crew

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No. It's beneficial for health.
    USAF
    LEO

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not in moderation, no

But it doesn't provide a fat loss advantage either - compared to just eating less to achieve the same net calorie balance.

Would incorporating 20 minutes of LISS be beneficial?

sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like others have said, cardio in itself won't cause anything to happen; it's beneficial for your health and general fitness, but the only way it impacts gains/losses is the calories you burn doing it.

So cardio would have a positive general health impact, but not actually expedite fat loss unless you’re looking at the calorie reduction that comes with it?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not really. 20 minutes of LISS does next to nothing for cardiorespiratory fitness.
    USAF
    LEO

sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So cardio would have a positive general health impact, but not actually expedite fat loss unless you’re looking at the calorie reduction that comes with it?
    Pretty much. IMO the benefits of cardio are HUGE. But you don't need it to lose fat.

SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeculatorSam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Not really. 20 minutes of LISS does next to nothing for cardiorespiratory fitness.
    Yes, I've read Daniels' Distance Formula Second Edition cover to cover multiple times too You're right, really need 30min. at least for it to be a true aerobic training stimulus, but going from nothing to 20 will yield amazing results regardless. It's better than nothing, and I've already ran a 5min. mile in a past life and would rather not do any aerobic-based sports ever again... perhaps personally I've already put in the roadwork and will be stuck with mitochondria and a sub 50 resting heart rate for the rest of my life... rambling ensues.
    "What's the one thing you gain from losing everything? It's perspective because then it wasn't about if my glass was half empty or half full, I was just grateful that I had a glass." - Nick Scott

Lost a lotta weight crew
    Weighted Pull-Up 50lbs x 3
    Every Damn Day Crew
    Enjoys a Cup of Coffee Crew
    18% Bodyfat Crew
    Home Gym Crew
    Dumbbells or GTFO Crew
    Safety Razor Crew