malken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg Extension via cable or band .. Is it less harmful to the knee??!

We've all heard how leg extension machine can be harmful to the knee specially if you overload it..

but what about doing the same exercise using bands or cables? would it have the same effect?

Thanks in advance

S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Assuming this could be done, it might be difficult to keep the leg stable throughout the motion. Also, the direction of the opposing force would change the further your knee is extended.

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Much easier on the knees, I find, provided you have thick enough bands.

"Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's a video on leg extensions and discusses how to hit the vastus medialis (tear drop). Also demonstrates a leg extension using a band. I personally think they are a good exercise to perform.

https://youtu.be/CogDK3cd8zo
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bands provide the same but different type of movement for the quads.
    I think these would be good as a finisher or athletically as your not locked into a machines groove.
    You can move the legs slightly to one side or the other.
    I think one leg at a time would be better.
    I do banded leg curls like this after regular leg bicep work.
    With a band you get most of the resistance at the top which is not ideal but the freedom of movement and to be able to go in paths with the leg that you can't with a machine is a good thing.
    Also just to throw this in here try walking backward with a sled and harness around the waist.
    This eliminates the eccentric and feet move in a more natural way compared to a machine.