SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back into Training

Hello everyone how are you? I have just gotten back into lifting for a few weeks now after my injury. I have been in and out of lifting for a few years now. Last summer before my injury was honestly the most consistent I had been in a while. I know it doesn't sound like much but to me it felt good going 6 months in a row. After that I injured my back while working at a grocery store. I was lifting cases of water with bad form and screwed up the muscles and joints in my lower back. I had to do about 8 months of physical therapy and I'm still feeling some of the pain but very slightly. That being said I have now gotten back into lifting and do not plan on stopping, it feels amazing and I am motivated.

Now that you know my backstory I feel I have a good nutrition plan going for me it was more of my workout I was hoping you guys could take a look at for me. Honestly I am a little nervous when it comes to some of the lower back exercises due to previous injury. While I am at work I sit in a chair for 10 hour days which can get my lower back sore after awhile. I have maintained some of the stretches from therapy along with my normal daily stretches. So here is my workout program. Each exercise is 3x10 for the most part.

Monday Legs
    Lying leg curls
    Leg extensions
    Barbell Squats
    Leg Press
    Lunges

Tuesday
    Chest and Triceps
    Bench press
    Incline smith machine press
    Decline Press
    Peck Deck
    Close grip bench press
    Skull Crushers
    Cable Push downs

Wednesday off

Thursday
    Back and Biceps
    Barbell rows
    Reverse grip hammer pull down
    Lat pull down
    Cable row
    Barbell curls
    Alternate dumbbell curls
    Concentration curls

Friday
    Shoulders
    Should press dumbbell
    Arnold Press
    Barbell Press
    Lateral Raises

I was just hoping for a few corrections on what I should be doing and if there is anything that I should need to take out. I want to come back from my injury stronger then ever and one day compete on a bodybuilding stage.

Thank you for your help,

Matt

ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashhabah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gratz for backing into track again

I would advice you to train 3 times a week full body workout

The routine you posted is not optimal for beginners

and yes you are a beginner in terms of strength level

The stickies have a lots to choose , pick whichever you want

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems like an awful lot for a beginner, at least without listing how many sets/reps your doing or a progression scheme. Take advantage of your ability to recover faster (as a beginner) and try one of the full body routines in the stickies to start with. At least for a few months. Check out these stickies:

Full-body V.S. Split routines-https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139911893

Allpro routine-https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the stickies and look around at reputable novice routines such as Fierce 5, Starting Strength, All Pros, Greyskulls LP etc. Pick one and follow it. Check Nutrition Forum stickies. Track calories and carbs/fat/protein daily, as well as bodyweight. (www.myfitnesspal.com is popular for this)

Some starting points for performing the main lifts (click through related videos for other lifts from the same folks)

SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SIEFKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was told by a few friends that I workout with that I should try that 5x5 workout instead of a full body workout. I'm curious on what you guys think.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SIEFKA View Post
    I was told by a few friends that I workout with that I should try that 5x5 workout instead of a full body workout. I'm curious on what you guys think.
    What program is that?

There is no "the 5x5". There are a lot of programs that use 5 sets of 5 reps somewhere within the program, but they can vary quite a bit...and most of them ARE full body workouts

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    What program is that?

There is no "the 5x5". There are a lot of programs that use 5 sets of 5 reps somewhere within the program, but they can vary quite a bit...and most of them ARE full body workouts
    The program that I am using with a friend of mine is the stronglifts 5x5. Do you guys have any thoughts on this program? Should I switch to a full body program?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The program that I am using with a friend of mine is the stronglifts 5x5. Do you guys have any thoughts on this program? Should I switch to a full body program?
    Yeah full body or upper/lower would be a much better choice.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Yeah full body or upper/lower would be a much better choice.
    I assume the upper/lower program that I should choose would be one of the stickies? Would you suggest a program like the one I started with or should I go with a full body routine?

Stronglifts is a full body program though...

Link?