Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Path of Exile Thread III: Vaal or no Balls. Betrayal Version. No Mobile Version

Last edited by memcop; 08-10-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

I Rep Back So Put Rep Back In Your Rep So I can Rep You Back.

FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm finding a mirror day one
    onion crew

kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kmaldona is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am thinking of going HOWA totems to start. The new totem gem looks op as ****.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

-Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Butternuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kmaldona View Post
    I am thinking of going HOWA totems to start. The new totem gem looks op as ****.
    how often you gonna put down 6 totems to kill trash? you're not, it's only gonna be a boss killer
    but i havent done any math on it
    or are you gonna use it with another class? again not looked, but i think heirophant is far ahead of anything else for totems damage and clearing too

dont literally 0 reading on it tho, so say what im missin

guessing you're not going heiro for howa totems, still think its just a placeholder til tukohamas shield? and bosses

Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As mention in the other thread I wonder how well winter orbs will work. Perhaps combining it with cwc and ice spear could work, on the other hand I wouldn't like a build that is reliant on luck. Since its a channel it will probably be hard to combine effectively with a move skill, so for winter orbs to compete with the real fast clearing builds it will probably need some passive movespeed from tree, wonder if it's doable to go scion with some extra ms nodes without losing too much dmg...
    Former no-avi anonymous

Originally Posted by Archheretic View Post
    As mention in the other thread I wonder how well winter orbs will work. Perhaps combining it with cwc and ice spear could work, on the other hand I wouldn't like a build that is reliant on luck. Since its a channel it will probably be hard to combine effectively with a move skill, so for winter orbs to compete with the real fast clearing builds it will probably need some passive movespeed from tree, wonder if it's doable to go scion with some extra ms nodes without losing too much dmg...
    Winter orb clear speed looks fine and able to compete. How is it going to be single target doe?
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Winter orb clear speed looks fine and able to compete. How is it going to be single target doe?
    If it's bad then I bet the new ice spear will work fine against bosses.
    Former no-avi anonymous

Originally Posted by -Butternuts View Post
    how often you gonna put down 6 totems to kill trash? you're not, it's only gonna be a boss killer
    but i havent done any math on it
    or are you gonna use it with another class? again not looked, but i think heirophant is far ahead of anything else for totems damage and clearing too

dont literally 0 reading on it tho, so say what im missin

guessing you're not going heiro for howa totems, still think its just a placeholder til tukohamas shield? and bosses
    I think its strength is able to place 2 at a time for clear. Pull the gem out for boss fights.

Still probably will go BV Triple Herald elementalist but totems are interesting now with the slower hitting totems like flameblast, AW, etc..
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

Road Trippin with allies Harrock's Avatar
    Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harrock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dunno how you guys commit to stuff just being buffed as your league starter. Have to have something tried and true or else so much seems to be lost making that second early character.
    Falcons, Seminoles, Red Devils

**Official Misc Photography Crew**

***United Boys Crew***

4 days boys
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FearThisjake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ayy lmao
    onion crew

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ok I'm going to try to finally get into PoE under a few conditions. Can somebody give me some tips?

1) I want to just go into the game and play. I don't want to find some build guide online. I simply want to pick a character class (probably ranged/archer type), go into the game, and play though all of the acts. I have no interest of endgame for my first play-through

Is this achievable? Can I get to the end of the final act without following some strict build guide?

2) The constellation skill/talent tree. This thing is massive and pretty intimidating. Is there some general direction I should go? Once again, I'm following no specific build other than wanting to be ranged.
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

Originally Posted by bartosh View Post
    Ok I'm going to try to finally get into PoE under a few conditions. Can somebody give me some tips?

1) I want to just go into the game and play. I don't want to find some build guide online. I simply want to pick a character class (probably ranged/archer type), go into the game, and play though all of the acts. I have no interest of endgame for my first play-through

Is this achievable? Can I get to the end of the final act without following some strict build guide?

2) The constellation skill/talent tree. This thing is massive and pretty intimidating. Is there some general direction I should go? Once again, I'm following no specific build other than wanting to be ranged.
    As long as you don't care about endgame and only want to complete the acts then you could probably get away with a ****ty build, but I would recommend not going to glassy to prevent getting oneshottet.
    Former no-avi anonymous

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Archheretic View Post
    As long as you don't care about endgame and only want to complete the acts then you could probably get away with a ****ty build, but I would recommend not going to glassy to prevent getting oneshottet.
    Great, thanks. Yeah I'll make second build (or respec if you can do that in PoE) if I like my first playthrough.
    MS, Computer Science

Great, thanks. Yeah I'll make second build (or respec if you can do that in PoE) if I like my first playthrough.
    Playing a **** build on ur first attempt will make you never play POE again.

I suggest following a build your first time through to know what to expect then make your own build next.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

I want to preface this by saying that POE is a game measured in days or weeks played, not hours. It's easy to get into but then when you start getting creative, it becomes difficult and hard to master. It's not very forgiving, it's confusing, it contradicts itself in more than a few-mechanical-ways and it's about as un-straightforward as a game of this genre can get. With having said all that, POE is quite possibly the best game I've ever played.

Sure, you can just jump in head first and complete all the acts, but you're probably going to struggle with the skill tree part because it is not straight forward at all and you're going to die, a lot. But dying doesn't really matter because you're likely going to be in softcore temp league.

If I were you, wanting to play a ranged bow archetype, I'd go ranger. You'll get one skill gem at the very start of the game, burning arrow, which is honestly pretty good. But then once you get to town, you'll get a few more to chose from, then more at level 6 or 7 and then more at level 12 and then periodically until about level 36. It's honestly best to stick with ONE of them and max it out with its respective support gems, but be warned, not all skills are created equally. Some just clearly do it better than others and I'm going to let you figure that out on your own since that seems to be the way you want to go.

As for the skill tree, if you don't know anything about it and you don't want to look at a guide for a few minutes or download Path of Building, which is pretty much an entire separate game made to design characters in POE, your first tree probably up to your 20th characters tree is going to be utter dog shyt. Maybe you'll grasp on to it early and figure it out, but that is unlikely. Just stick with life and generic nodes like attack speed, projectile damage and other keystones (just read what they do). The best thing you can do is that ONCE you decided what main attack skill you want to use, look at the tags on the gem when you hover over it in your inventory.

Take Tornado Shot for instance. Here are it's tags:

Attack, Projectile, Bow

So, stuff like melee attack damage won't effect it but something that just says attack damage, projectile damage or damage with bows will effect it. The game is mostly specific on stuff like this, but there are contradictions sometimes, but that's for way down the road.

Also, that same projectile node that buffed your Tornado Shot could also make a spell like Fireball do more damage too, because Fireball is a projectile as well, but the nodes like bow or attack won't effect it at all. I'm just saying that to tell you that sometimes nodes on the tree can effect more than one type of skill. It all comes down to what the skill is tagged for in its description.

Anyways, I could literally go on for hours about what to do and what not to do but I ain't got time for that.

Cliffs:

- roll ranger
    - read what skills do and what tags they have
    - read what support gems do and what tags they have
    - remember that if you have no life in your build, you're going to die a lot and your damage will be pointless. grab life nodes on tree
    - you can "ascend" at around level 35ish and pick a "subclass" for the ranger, just read about it when you get to that point
    - flasks are very important, upgrade them frequently

You'll be aight

Playing a **** build on ur first attempt will make you never play POE again.

I suggest following a build your first time through to know what to expect then make your own build next.
    I agree with this too. I always hear people say "nah, just jump in head first" and I always say what a horrible fuking idea that is.

It literally takes 10 minutes to understand a well written guide and it's incredibly easy to follow. With something like this, I'd much rather learn from others mistake than fail on my own countless times.
    Last edited by FearThisjake; 12-03-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    onion crew

-=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    was gonna roll a reave build, but rip stat sticks... literally keep nerfing melee wtfman. being able to possibly craft Cruel phy% may help a little but it will be too expensive to roll two decent 1H's... no dmg with a shield...bleeding still is garbage, 2H's have leap slam and no defenses built in defenses lol

Range, mine, totem, BV league again.

If people are looking for builds, Toxic Rain Trickster/MoM with a quill rain is really good.

dunno wtf to roll since i wanted to try something new, Dom blow doesnt seem strong enough to push end game chit

Originally Posted by -=Zeus=-! View Post
    was gonna roll a reave build, but rip stat sticks... literally keep nerfing melee wtfman. being able to possibly craft Cruel phy% may help a little but it will be too expensive to roll two decent 1H's... no dmg with a shield...bleeding still is garbage, 2H's have leap slam and no defenses built in defenses lol

Range, mine, totem, BV league again.

If people are looking for builds, Toxic Rain Trickster/MoM with a quill rain is really good.

dunno wtf to roll since i wanted to try something new, Dom blow doesnt seem strong enough to push end game chit
    Calm your tits Zeus! We dont know if there will be a buff to melee weapons. We will find out tomorrow.

Thinking of bv ele, golems, or toxic rain to mfer
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

So I’m lvl 15 so far an I’ve been doing what fearthisjake has been saying. Got my splinter shot + some multi shot gem and it’s really fun so far. The modifiers in the skill tree make sense and that was the general plan -> follow bow damage/attack speed, etc. obviously not do stupid things like start going towards melee damage

I’ll report back around lvl 30
    MS, Computer Science

So I’m lvl 15 so far an I’ve been doing what fearthisjake has been saying. Got my splinter shot + some multi shot gem and it’s really fun so far. The modifiers in the skill tree make sense and that was the general plan -> follow bow damage/attack speed, etc. obviously not do stupid things like start going towards melee damage

I’ll report back around lvl 30
    new league starts in 3 days, so anything you do right now is kinda null but it is practice. make sure if you're having fun, that you join us in the new temp league that starts on friday at 11am PST
    onion crew

Living the green life GreenFrogger's Avatar
    GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GreenFrogger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Played this years ago.
    Might try it out again.
    All the changes and updates look pretty amazing.

snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snapple13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Welp arc and bv league again.

Impulsa basically still the same

Loreweave buff

Im going golems. Leveling arc.
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

-=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calm your tits Zeus! We dont know if there will be a buff to melee weapons. We will find out tomorrow.

Thinking of bv ele, golems, or toxic rain to mfer
    Toxic rain rip, the nerf to quill was pretty silly but was abused in the past with CoC

Melee still pretty bad, some 2H unique buffs but not that interesting. The nerf to statsticks was probably enough to bypass DW reave

Flasks nerfs seemed pretty stupid as well, was thinking about making a RF Jugg Mjolner but without ruby it seems way too intensive now.... cyclone CoC back on the menu?

Welp arc and bv league again.

Loreweave buff

Im going golems. Leveling arc.
    loreweave is literally godly now, wtf lol

arc still gg, and hiero totems will be ez lvling and mapping but boring

Dunno if Dom blow Champion/guardian will be worth starting with since their is always a ceiling on minions

Toxic rain rip, the nerf to quill was pretty silly but was abused in the past with CoC

Melee still pretty bad, some 2H unique buffs but not that interesting. The nerf to statsticks was probably enough to bypass DW reave

Flasks nerfs seemed pretty stupid as well, was thinking about making a RF Jugg Mjolner but without ruby it seems way too intensive now.... cyclone CoC back on the menu?

loreweave is literally godly now, wtf lol

arc still gg, and hiero totems will be ez lvling and mapping but boring

Dunno if Dom blow Champion/guardian will be worth starting with since their is always a ceiling on minions
    You going HC or SC
    *Colts*
    *Purdue Boilermakers*
    *Red Wings*
    *Tigers*
    *Pistons*
    *Michigan Wolverines*
    *MISC Firearms Crew*

I DON'T KNOW WHAT BUILD TO DO

E Q J U G G L A B F A R M E R ? ?
    Glacial cascade miner?
    Tornado Shot MFer?
    Try new Brand skills?

Probs just gonna go golems again since it's OPOP
    onion crew

You going HC or SC
    Probably SC tbh. Dont have as much time to play as I used to and dying to random chit (like in a delve) is awful lol

Originally Posted by FearThisjake View Post
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT BUILD TO DO

E Q J U G G L A B F A R M E R ? ?
    Glacial cascade miner?
    Tornado Shot MFer?
    Try new Brand skills?

Probs just gonna go golems again since it's OPOP
    MF is pretty much dead. Miner will be able to push the hardest content the fastest, its just kinda clunky to use.
    Running lab with additional enchants seems pretty hard to get anything good that way, but maybe full key runs == fastest money?

Golems does seem pretty interesting. Probably will just roll an arc char and switch into something better after a couple days lol

so i started following a rough build. don't care if it's only like 70% optimal, it's working fine for the most part so far. like i said, i just want to beat act 10 for my first char

tornado ranger it is
    MS, Computer Science

Probably SC tbh. Dont have as much time to play as I used to and dying to random chit (like in a delve) is awful lol

MF is pretty much dead. Miner will be able to push the hardest content the fastest, its just kinda clunky to use.
    Running lab with additional enchants seems pretty hard to get anything good that way, but maybe full key runs == fastest money?

Golems does seem pretty interesting. Probably will just roll an arc char and switch into something better after a couple days lol
    Yeah, I'm going jugg cleave lab farmer. Just gonna hope that I get a good enchant every once in a while. I've always enjoyed doing full key runs anyways.
    onion crew

dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is this a single player game or do you compete with other players as you get better gears?