8FLIP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

should i keep cutting?

so heres my story im nee to this forum. thought id ask for advice from everyone. any info will be greatly appreciated. im 5'9" currently weighing 156 lbs. idk if i should keep trying to burn off more fat or go ahead and start a lean bulk. as u can see i still have lowet fat. i barely started doing weighted ab workouts yesterday. reps from 12-15 what would u guys suggest keep cutting until i get the lower stomach down. or start a lean bulk? also will the lower portion flatten out if i do a lean bulk and incorporated weighted ab workoutd ? thank u !

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Firstly, if you're going to bulk, you should do exercises to hit all muscles - not just abs.

Ab workouts won't make your stomach smaller. Only losing fat will, but I don't think you need to cut at your weight.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 8FLIP1 View Post
    so heres my story im nee to this forum. thought id ask for advice from everyone. any info will be greatly appreciated. im 5'9" currently weighing 156 lbs. idk if i should keep trying to burn off more fat or go ahead and start a lean bulk. as u can see i still have lowet fat. i barely started doing weighted ab workouts yesterday. reps from 12-15 what would u guys suggest keep cutting until i get the lower stomach down. or start a lean bulk? also will the lower portion flatten out if i do a lean bulk and incorporated weighted ab workoutd ? thank u !
    Without a picture I can't see anything. Please post one your bodyspace for more advice.

thank 4 the replies. how do i post pics on this it wont let me

ok i just posted some on my body space. i actually strted a reverse diet to strt a lean bulk. slowly adding calories and carbs. should i keep bulking or keep cutting to flatten out the lower stomach?

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, do the bulk.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You look lean and pretty good so yes you should do a slow lean bulk. As for ab question you should incorporate weighted ab exercise in during all your workouts be that bulking or cutting, however it is essential during a lean bulk to ensure the abs grow. When combined with strong compound lifts like squats and deadlifts adding in weighted abs will offer more core size. Treat them the same you would any other muscle, varying amounts of volume from heavy plated ab exercises (5-7 rep range) to occasional high volume (10-15 range) exercises will offer the best workout.

Most progressive weight training programs will incorporate ab workouts however if they are lacking you can include more workout to encourage growth as generally abs can take quite a lot of volume/ intensity. I generally find during one of my rest days a bit of cardio for health and extra workout for lacking muscle such as abs is useful (but remember that doing massive amount of workouts will not always bring about better results, however some extra volume/ intensity can help for lacking muscles).

Will it flatten your stomach most likely not as you still will have fat over your abs however you will noticed a more predominate core and bigger abs, however most likely you will only see massive improvements once you start cutting again after building a bigger foundation of muscle.

thank man! appreciate it. i will keep doing my lean bulk. appreciate all the info.