Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)

Little confused here would value any input from you guys

Guys i have been training my ass off since Jan till now . Managed to drop my weight from 112kg down to 93kg at the moment , the goal i originally set myself was to drop down to 90kg and figured by then i should have lost about all of my stomach fat .

Well now i have 3kg's to go and looking at my stomach there is no way in hell that that 3 kg's will take care of the fat that is remaining . So now i wonder till where should i drop ? According to the calculators i found my BMI is on 23.1 ideal weight is between 83kg's-100kg

Now i'm doing Al Pro system and recommendation there is to "cut" to 23BMI then bulk to 25BMI my aim is to be between 10%-15% body fat and my height is 1.9m

I'm taking my progress pic this weekend again and will upload latest pics.

So anyone care to give me a idea till what weight i should drop ? I REALLY want this stomach gone and then will keep on with my hard work to slowly gain lean mass , my goal that i think should be obtainable is to eventually get to 100kg with 10-15% bodyfat
    My Personal mottos
    Do the correct form and don't stroke your ego lifting heavier with bad form.
    Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    No one can make you mad it is your choice if you want to get mad.

latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have gotten this far mate you can do the rest. It's really self explanatory.

If you are in a stale then mix it up a bit of go keto for four weeks or so

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish I could plug all the numbers into some computer and tell you 90.065kg or some answer. But you've got to go down to when you're happy not necessarily a number known in advance.

If it's any consolation I'd hoped my target of 70kg would give me zero tummy fat. It made sense on paper and %
    I'm off track at 72.5 kg now (due to last 5 weeks having sone serious personal complications/trouble) but it's clear at my target I'll still have some tummy fat, despite best estimate.

So I can either accept the target or try dropping 2 more kg and looking again

Try it and see...

Hopefully once I've gone to no fat, I'll know the numbers I need for next time

Didn't I read somewhere or other... ? Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Bodyweight 69kg (08/Apr/2021)

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Haha yeah OldFartTom i hear ya . i guess what i'm really trying to figure out is , and yes i have been reading a ton . Lot of guys advise against it , but my way of thinking is that i want to get rid of this fat then slowly build up from there what ever that weight might be , I managed to drop 44lb and only went down in size on my hips and stomach so guess no muscle loss only fat and from what i could figure out that is hard to do . And you don't need to "dirty bulk" ie get fat on your stomach to gain muscle , but can just slowly build lean muscle
    My Personal mottos

YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Only advice I can really give is similar to that we give patients: don't aim for a specific weight or BMI, but for proxy measurements: a waist measurement or by looking in the mirror ot clothes getting looser. A lot of patients will obsess over numbers and small changes in them, but it tells us little about their body fat and health unless they are extremely obese and we see a downward trend over time.
    If your goal is fat loss, make that the priority.

BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BDStraining has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As mentioned above- For guys, IMO belt size is really the best thing to gauge cut or bulk progress- if your weight goes up, but your belt size doesn't that's lean gain. Guys tend to hold fat on their lower back and belly, so you're belt is the perfect gauge, plus it's simple.

There isn't a set weight you should hit however- just look in the mirror, get to where you're happy, and take it from there.
    S 300kg / B 200kg / D 305kg
    Coaching - https://bdstraining.carrd.co/
    Log- https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176495961

tnx for the replies . That is what i love about this forum . Its a great sounding board to get you and keep you on track . Yup fatloss is my priority then once i'm satisfied will start to focus on gaining slowly lean muscle (got to say i love the way you see more vascularity as the fat drops) , not planning to do any dirty bulking ...takes too bloody long to loose that fat .

One last observation ...went through my measurements since starting and haven't gained anything noticeable as in size , didn't go up or down on chest , shoulders , biceps , thighs and calves , only change was in hips and stomach so guess logic tell me that as i have lost weight and kept sizes same that fat is less and muscle is more as you will loose fat from all over your body and the space that was occupied by fat is now replaced by muscle therefore size is same on arms , chest , legs ?

Plus at the same time the weight i move in my exercises has gone constantly up therefore my strength is increasing - and guess you will only really start to see better muscle growth once you get more to the 1.5X squat bodyweight , bench 1X body weight ?
    My Personal mottos

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To get in the shape in my picture over there, I thought I'd have to get down to around 200Lbs (I'm 1.94m) and was sitting around 215Lbs but I eventually went down to 190-192 to get the look I desired.

May help, may not.

All the best, just keep plugging away, consistency is key.

Cheers
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    To get in the shape in my picture over there, I thought I'd have to get down to around 200Lbs (I'm 1.94m) and was sitting around 215Lbs but I eventually went down to 190-192 to get the look I desired.

May help, may not.

All the best, just keep plugging away, consistency is key.

Cheers
    Thank you a stax dazlittle that actually helps a LOT , not many "very tall" guys that gives me a visual idea what i can work towards
    My Personal mottos

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, don't get discouraged so long as you can still see and measure progress. "Averages" can be very deceiving. Almost no one is average. We're mostly somewhere else on the spectrum outside of average in one way or another.

Any guy who has worked hard to get lean finds out just how much fat the body can store as visceral fat, back fat, and/or ass fat and those can easily be overlooked when we're staring at our abs to measure progress. Keep up the good work, you've been an inspiring and committed example so far.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Time-Man View Post

Plus at the same time the weight i move in my exercises has gone constantly up therefore my strength is increasing - and guess you will only really start to see better muscle growth once you get more to the 1.5X squat bodyweight , bench 1X body weight ?
    For fat loss, it has been my experience that most people VASTLY underestimate the amout of fat they carry. A good rule of thumb is most people really need to double the amount of weight they need to lose to hit 10%. (of course if a guy weighs 350lbs, this might not exatly hold true). But, when a guy thinks he is 15 lbs away from the perfectly shredded 6-pack, he is probably more like 30lbs away.

Touching on your last comment, I will be blunt. If after a year of training, you can bench 1x bw and squat 1.5 you are doing something terribly wrong. I hope (for your sake) those were just out of the air examples. To answer your question, no....your body does not care what your 'relative' strength is. In fact the BEST way to gain muscle is to grossly overeat. Sumo wrestlers have a higher LBM than most Mr O. competitors. However that does not work with asthetic goals.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since you are making progress just keep going. I think all of us that lost weight realized we had more to go than we thought once we got to our original goal. I lowered my target 3 or 4 times before I finally lost enough fat around the waist.

Personally I think a true 10% body fat would be very difficult for those of us near 50 years or older when we are starting at a much higher level. I never went that low and I didn't have shredded abs but my face was sunken enough as it was. I am OK looking lean and fit around 15% without being shredded as that was never my goal in the first place.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One last observation ...went through my measurements since starting and haven't gained anything noticeable as in size
    You lost almost 20 kg, most people get smaller when they do that. No way to put on 20kg of muscle as fast as one loses fat.

Well now i have 3kg's to go and looking at my stomach there is no way in hell that that 3 kg's will take care of the fat that is remaining
    Most of us found we had much more fat than we thought originally. Take a progress picture once a month or every 2 weeks. Compare them over time to gauge change. Take an incremental approach to further fat loss. As long as you don't pile on the 20kg again you're winning anyway right?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Ironwill2008 is surely doing RDL's and eating eggs and bacon somewhere right now.

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    For fat loss, it has been my experience that most people VASTLY underestimate the amout of fat they carry. A good rule of thumb is most people really need to double the amount of weight they need to lose to hit 10%.
    Interesting, as I'm in a similar boat to the OP. I started at 210 pounds and aimed to get down to 170 which I've now reached. However my upper abs are only vaguely visible and I still have a pouch of fat lower down. So I'm going to go lower, but worried I'll be built like a girl by the end of it.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    Interesting, as I'm in a similar boat to the OP. I started at 210 pounds and aimed to get down to 170 which I've now reached. However my upper abs are only vaguely visible and I still have a pouch of fat lower down. So I'm going to go lower, but worried I'll be built like a girl by the end of it.
    Hey, what's wrong with being "built like a gilrl" anyway? lol....just kidding....We come in all shapes and sizes, just like men do.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    hey, what's wrong with being "built like a gilrl" anyway?
    lol
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Hey, what's wrong with being "built like a gilrl" anyway? lol....just kidding....We come in all shapes and sizes, just like men do.
    Let me re-phrase that, "built like a child" lol