livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lost my way in the gym

Question guys. 38 yr old male here. Ive been training since i was 21. I had gotten up to 215lbs at one point and was a beast. Last year i went on a cut and dropped 25 lbs. and with that went pretty much all my muscle. Ive spent this year slowly increasing calories and not making any progress in the gym. I cant seem to increase strength on anything. My once 305 bench is now at 225 for barely 5 reps. Somehow my 405 squat dropped to 275. My lats and shoulders have dissappeared and t-shirts that used to barely fit me now hang off me. Is it as simple as just not eating enough calories? Im eating around 3100 per day and i can tell my abs arent as defined as they were earlier this year so apparently im in a bit of a surplus. The routine i started a few weeks back was Max OT training as ive had luck with lower volume stuff in the past (madcows 5x5). Wondering if my T levels are low also. Just looking for some advice. I cant stand the weak looking dude in the mirror

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should be in a surplus if you're looking to put mass on.

Check the scales to see if you're gaining weight, then you'll know if you're really in a surplus (it sounds like you're not sure).

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Question guys. 38 yr old male here. Ive been training since i was 21. I had gotten up to 215lbs at one point and was a beast. Last year i went on a cut and dropped 25 lbs. and with that went pretty much all my muscle. Ive spent this year slowly increasing calories and not making any progress in the gym. I cant seem to increase strength on anything. My once 305 bench is now at 225 for barely 5 reps. Somehow my 405 squat dropped to 275. My lats and shoulders have dissappeared and t-shirts that used to barely fit me now hang off me. Is it as simple as just not eating enough calories? Im eating around 3100 per day and i can tell my abs arent as defined as they were earlier this year so apparently im in a bit of a surplus. The routine i started a few weeks back was Max OT training as ive had luck with lower volume stuff in the past (madcows 5x5). Wondering if my T levels are low also. Just looking for some advice. I cant stand the weak looking dude in the mirror
    If you've been training for 17 years, and reached a 305 Bench and a 405 Squat, just do now what you did to achieve those numbers then.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do what you did the first time for gains and stay away from your habits that caused you to drop them

haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haleluyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Easier said than done. Especially when you are over 35 and not rich.
    There is no such thing as overtraining.
    If you are not ready to change drastically, you are not ready for bodybuilding.

ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100) ElianaBryson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Some things are age factor but I believe you can still gain the strength if you eat well and try to boost your metabolism instead of strength. Strength comes if you have good working body. I would recommend you to do maximum swimming and walking for a period of time and give a break to your normal exercising schedule. I believe you are not giving your muscles enough time to recover.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Swimming and walking??? both great forms of exercise but this sounds like advice for a geriatric, the guy's only 38 not 98.

Go back to MadCow and look at your rest, sleep, diet recovery, etc, etc.

Maybe, just maybe... get a doctor check if you have any health concerns or sleep problems (sleep apnea or something could cause this), or anything at all you need checked. Best get a check in case your doc sees something not right and can treat it.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Ive spent this year slowly increasing calories and not making any progress in the gym.
    I'd focus on finding a way to make progress in the gym.

Originally Posted by haleluyah View Post
    Easier said than done. Especially when you are over 35 and not rich.
    This isn't a place for making excuses. People here are trying to succeed.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You dropped the fat so you can't lift as much and your clothes are loose. Mass moves mass

How much do you weigh now?
    On the list for Bannukah