Thread: Help??

mahamud9567 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help??

Hi, Im a 17 year old guy and i need help and some advice on what to do. I’ve been lifting for around 7-8 months but the first couple months i was wasting my time. I trained with someone who didnt know much and we didnt follow a program, didnt track macros etc. we never did any compound movements and so on.

Now i run a powerlfiting program and im currently bulking. I sit at around 220lbs at 5ft 10 with a 36 inch waist. Ive put on some decent size and some good strength. What i wanted to know is if i should start cutting in the future as i am pretty chubby and may need to cut down on body fat%. Please help.

KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you have any goals in mind before you cut?
    If not then you should start it now, and see what happens from there.
    αєѕтнєтι¢αℓℓу ℓιfтιиg

Gain more muscle is one of my main goals but my current body fat % is unhealthy, im not obese and dont look like a 220lb person but im hesatating to cut because ppl say u shouldnt cut in ur teens

NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NEGuy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mahamud9567 View Post
    ppl say u shouldnt cut in ur teens
    You shouldn't cut at all. There's literally no point whatsoever in losing muscle in order to lose fat. It's a waste of time, a waste of gains, and completely unnecessary.

The best way to lose fat is through total body exercises, the movements that get the heart rate up the most, and preferably at a high rate of speed. Basically HIIT training.

I've trained under two college football programs and was able to gain size and lose fat using this method. In fact we had two days a week just dedicated to brutal, high-intensity conditioning.

so you rekon i should bulk and keep gaining muscle and do hit cardio?