In3rtia is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Very Poor Inner Pec Development

G'day,

First off I need to explain my problem, which might be a bit difficult without images, but I'll do my best. I have been weightlifting for about 4 months now (but have been doing martial arts for about 5 years), and I have noticed that the parts of my chest muscles closest to my arms on each side are MUCH more developed than the inner part of my chest. To put it another way, it's like the sides of my pec muscles look like they've been trained, but the centre looks as if it is flat.

Before anyone claims muscle insertion genetics to be the culprit, when I flex I can see that my pecs attach pretty well right in the middle of my chest on both sides, it's just that the development of that part of my chest is very poor. It kind of looks bad from certain angles and I am wondering whether this is unavoidable regardless of how much I train it, or if it can be overcome through inner-chest focused exercises (I know it can't be isolated but can be targeted better with a complete chest contraction). Could it just be chest fat? I'm at about 15% bodyfat.

I'd rather not post pictures but if no one understands my description I might.

Thanks

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is normal, most people have a more developed outer chest to begin with, and the middle/upper chest is usually the last area to "fill in". It all comes down to chest development, just concentrate on growing your chest and it'll even out eventually.

BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlankH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do chest flyes.

Rudynate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by In3rtia View Post
    G'day,

First off I need to explain my problem, which might be a bit difficult without images, but I'll do my best. I have been weightlifting for about 4 months now (but have been doing martial arts for about 5 years), and I have noticed that the parts of my chest muscles closest to my arms on each side are MUCH more developed than the inner part of my chest. To put it another way, it's like the sides of my pec muscles look like they've been trained, but the centre looks as if it is flat.

Before anyone claims muscle insertion genetics to be the culprit, when I flex I can see that my pecs attach pretty well right in the middle of my chest on both sides, it's just that the development of that part of my chest is very poor. It kind of looks bad from certain angles and I am wondering whether this is unavoidable regardless of how much I train it, or if it can be overcome through inner-chest focused exercises (I know it can't be isolated but can be targeted better with a complete chest contraction). Could it just be chest fat? I'm at about 15% bodyfat.

I'd rather not post pictures but if no one understands my description I might.

Thanks
    The way you do your chest exercises may have something to do with it. It's important to focus on using your chest muscles to move the weight. Keep the traps and shoulders out of it. A lot of guys use their hands and arms to move the weight. The only thing that hands and arms should be doing is holding the weight and translating the force of your muscles to the weight. All the force needs to come from the chest muscles. It's tricky to learn this, but once you get it, it's such a startling difference, you won't go back to the old way of lifting.

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Diamond pushups, medicine ball pushups, hold two dumbells together and press upwards, neutral grip pressing, put those in your arsenal, like above mentioned flyes as well.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!