youngmommie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Need Help Building A Schedule

Hello!
    I had my first baby three months ago. I’ve been pretty consistent in the gym since I got cleared to workout, but I can only make it about 4 times a week.. sometimes 5.
    What is a good weekly schedule if I can only make it 4 times a week? I would like to build muscle. I’m eating a little over 2,000 calories a day because I breastfeed.
    I am 5 foot 4 inches and about 126 lbs. if anyone has any good tips about building muscle send them my way! I have lifted weights for about 4 years but I have always done it to just stay lean.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are a fair number of programs that fit the days you want, so it's a matter of finding one that works best for your goals. For 4 days a week, myself, I lean towards upper/lower split. There are a variety out there. I myself, follow one that focuses on strength since I compete in powerlifting but know there are others with a more hypertrophy focus. PHUL was a decent one too.

Building is a combination of training and nutrition. Good luck!
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    There are a fair number of programs that fit the days you want, so it's a matter of finding one that works best for your goals. For 4 days a week, myself, I lean towards upper/lower split. There are a variety out there. I myself, follow one that focuses on strength since I compete in powerlifting but know there are others with a more hypertrophy focus. PHUL was a decent one too.

Building is a combination of training and nutrition. Good luck!
    +1 for PHUL. My favorite 4 day/week routine.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

For your stats + breastfeeding, I doubt 2000 cal/day is going to be enough to build muscle. Track carefully for a ~4 weeks and see if you've put on at least a pound, if not, up the calories by 200-300.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    +1 for PHUL. My favorite 4 day/week routine.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

For your stats + breastfeeding, I doubt 2000 cal/day is going to be enough to build muscle. Track carefully for a ~4 weeks and see if you've put on at least a pound, if not, up the calories by 200-300.
    ^ Great routine 4X per week.

IIRC my wife's Doc said breastfeeding requires an additional 300-500 cal/day on its own, so TDEE will be increased by a lot (along with carrying a growing baby everywhere ) . While breastfeeding and training I would think you should eat to hunger as a minimum rather than setting a calorie goal. Focus on nutrient dense whole foods, and avoid foods like tuna, swordfish etc due to the potential heavy metal content. Eat what you crave, the baby's needs nutritionally come first IIRC, if not getting enough calcium for example, additional will be pulled from mothers "stores: i.e. bone density could be reduced to scavenge calcium if extra is needed for milk production. There were certain foods my wife had to limit because they made our kids more fussy, but I can't even remember what they were, I know spicy foods were out until she was done with both of ours.