View Poll Results: Order of thi split.

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chest, Back, Legs

2 50.00%
  • Chest, Legs, Back

2 50.00%
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Order of your legs, bench, back split

I switched mine recently and think it kinda blows in this order. Do you have a preference?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, I don't see the need to be rigid about it. I basically prioritise what I didn't do yesterday.

Yesterday I did mostly upper back and biceps with some pec isolations. So today will be split squats, GHRs, overhead press and upright rows. The next day will probably be bench and upper back again.

Some days I do both planes of movement for a body part. Sometimes I put them on back to back days

by planes of movement, I mean these:

- quad and posterior chain
    - overhead press and chest press
    - row and pullup

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's cool. I was trying to get at specifically the chest, back, and leg split though. I know it's not ubiquitous.

Some time ago somebody told me that chest after legs works your energy system best because you work the two biggest muscles in that order. Bro science for sure, but at the time I was doing back after legs just for how I was getting stretches in with my horizontal pulls. I've done chest after legs for years now, and only just now switched to chest after back, and it sux on chest day.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes it's true that some exercises need a huge amount of energy - like split squats, deadlifts, hip thrusters, barbell rows etc.

To my mind, that is an argument for higher frequency training - put just one of these big hitters on each training day and spread the load.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd probably opt for chest, legs, back I suppose

What I actually do is legs - bench/press - back
    Every session
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Unless you're advanced to the point where you begin to see an occasional lagging body part and plan to prioritize it (that's a topic for another thread), general practice is to always train the largest muscle group first followed by the next-largest, and so on.

An example of a FB day would be:
    *legs
    *back
    *chest
    *shoulders
    *arms
    *abs
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Unless you're advanced to the point where you begin to see an occasional lagging body part and plan to prioritize it (that's a topic for another thread), general practice is to always train the largest muscle group first followed by the next-largest, and so on.

An example of a FB day would be:
    *legs
    *back
    *chest
    *shoulders
    *arms
    *abs
    Good to know. Arms after shoulders is pretty understandable, but I wasn't sure about back and chest order.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i prefer separating legs and back because I do deadlifts on my lower day. Kinda messes with my pendlay rowing

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    i prefer separating legs and back because I do deadlifts on my lower day. Kinda messes with my pendlay rowing
    So otherwise full body?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I didn't see my option on there so...either legs, chest, back or back, chest, legs. No preference between those two.
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I didn't see my option on there so...either legs, chest, back or back, chest, legs. No preference between those two.
    Aw damn I shoulda put no preference as an option lol.

With a more technical split I kinda get where considerations come from when prioritizing. Like Will was saying above, shoulders before arms. Abs last. Makes sense that you don't wanna tax out critical muscles. It's just that someone back in the day said that chest after back is where it's at, so I'm just kinda ironing out the validity surrounding that. As you're saying, I'm not certain of a discernible difference to determine if one should be prioritized.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Aw damn I shoulda put no preference as an option lol.

With a more technical split I kinda get where considerations come from when prioritizing. Like Will was saying above, shoulders before arms. Abs last. Makes sense that you don't wanna tax out critical muscles. It's just that someone back in the day said that chest after back is where it's at, so I'm just kinda ironing out the validity surrounding that. As you're saying, I'm not certain of a discernible difference to determine if one should be prioritized.
    For sure. I like keeping back away from legs because the two have a lot of overlap with deadlift variants. There is some overlap between chest/back as well, but not as much IMO.
    Experience, not just theory