shootingform is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Basketball Player 6 month for play Pro and Dunk

Hey i am 18 years old
    basketball player
    I point guard and shooter
    My height - 6'0 - My weight - 155lbs pretty thin.

I have 6 months for the next season I want to get the most ready there!
    I want to improve my athleticism, I want to dunk in these 6 months.
    I wanted to ask you how you would plan your work in these 6 months?
    There are several options to start -

1) Getting Stronger - Starting Strength Programm (my squat is 220)
    double up my squat and my deadlift for dunking a basketball

2) Jump Manual Program By Jacob Hiller to gain 10-15 inches
    12 weeks

3) Vert Shock Program By Adam Folker 9-12 inches
    8 weeks

all i want is dunk the basketball . getting shape for the next season
    And yes, I'd like to gain weight

What should I start?

Registered User wishitcouldlast's Avatar
    wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000) wishitcouldlast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck doing jump training with 5x5 OP. I would just do the jump training and whatever workout program they suggest (I know the jump manual has one) as strength does not = athleticism... otherwise we would have powerlifters and oly lifters being the best athletes
    ++Positive Crew++
    Misc BJJ Crew
    Training for function crew
    Ravens and 76ers die hard

Originally Posted by wi****couldlast View Post
    Good luck doing jump training with 5x5 OP. I would just do the jump training and whatever workout program they suggest (I know the jump manual has one) as strength does not = athleticism... otherwise we would have powerlifters and oly lifters being the best athletes
    Thanks i didnt understard what 5x5 OP mean
    you didnt like the jump manual ? ( it cant improve my vert by 10 inches ? )

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

basketball training advice

Originally Posted by shootingform View Post
    Thanks i didnt understard what 5x5 OP mean
    you didnt like the jump manual ? ( it cant improve my vert by 10 inches ? )
    10 inches is a large improvement in a short period of time, but I will never say it can't be down. Maybe for some people with top tier genetics and people who never miss workouts. What did Mike Jordan say about talent and hard work.... Ik the quote lol but just remember when you got hard work and talent it will be very tough to beat on the court. I would recommend trying to get a little heavier at only 155 but do it as slow as possible to minimize fat gain and loss of athleticism on the court. I have never played on a team for basketball, but have played here and there was pretty good for being 5-10 185 pounds my senior year of high school was in the top 30% in my gym class, however I prefer football or baseball. Now though I'm all about powerlifting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    10 inches is a large improvement in a short period of time, but I will never say it can't be down. Maybe for some people with top tier genetics and people who never miss workouts. What did Mike Jordan say about talent and hard work.... Ik the quote lol but just remember when you got hard work and talent it will be very tough to beat on the court. I would recommend trying to get a little heavier at only 155 but do it as slow as possible to minimize fat gain and loss of athleticism on the court. I have never played on a team for basketball, but have played here and there was pretty good for being 5-10 185 pounds my senior year of high school was in the top 30% in my gym class, however I prefer football or baseball. Now though I'm all about powerlifting.
    Great answer
    so you recommend gain weight in the right way ?
    Starting Strength program like ?