Thread: Volume Workout

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Volume Workout

I have heavily neglect volume work, and I am starting a more volume & frequency-based approach. The idea is to be able to build as much as volume within these next two or so months (my deadline). This is keeping in mind my recovery and not doing too much as too sabbotage it while I try to progress on my lifts.

Feedback is obviously welcome.

Day 1 (Pull?)

Warm-Up at cable pulldowns. 2 sets of 12 reps light weight (25kg)
    Pull-Ups (Bodyweight). 4 sets, x10, x10, x7, x8 (Roughly 60kg) - Neutral Grip
    Unilateral Cable Rows. 3 sets, x10 (20kg), x12 (15kg), x12 (15kg)
    Cable Facepulls + Lat Pushdown (Superset). 2x15 each.
    Shrugs. 2x15 (14kg dumbells)
    Concentrated Curls. 3x10 (7kg)

My biceps get fried with pull-ups. I've always been reluctant to add curls in a whole "Pull" workout, because of it...

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Day 2 (Shoulders)

Dumbell Shoulder Press. 4x8
    Lateral Raises. 3x15
    Facepulls. 3x15
    Bent-Over Lateral Raises. 2x12

My current progression:

Workout 1

Pull-Ups: 10, 10, 7, 8 (35 Total)
    Cable One-Arm Rows: 10, 12, 12 (Last two with 5kg/10 less)
    DB Shoulder Press: 4x8 (32 Total)
    DB Incline: 22kg x 10

Workout 2

Pull-Ups: 10, 9 (Stopped there)
    Cable One-Arm Rows: 3x10 (Same weight)
    DB Shoulder Press: 10, 10, 7, 7 (34 Total)

Workout 3

Pull-Ups: 10, 10, 10, 8 (38 Total)
    Cable One-Arm Rows: 3x10 (Same weight)
    DB Shoulder Press: 10, 10, 10, 8 (38 Total)

It seems I am somewhat skipping incline press. Not really sure if I should work on getting it up to at least 27kg by the end of the year. I could max at about 24.5kg/25kg for 8 when I was on it, but I'm playing it safe.

My shoulder presses and pull-up volume has been improving so far, which is one of my main goals. It's also worth noting, on the 2nd workout I didn't recover from the first "Pull" day, so I stopped after the 2nd pull-up set because I feel it was only sabotaging my strength.

Has it really been three weeks...? Would've given it 2. Tops.

Regardless, I've been doing pretty well in spite of my cut. I'm eating at a 25% calorie deficit. In spite of it, I'm feeling pretty good and I've definitely progressed a bit:

Pull-Ups

10, 10, 7, 8 > 12, 12, 12, 10 (as of today)

Dumbell OHP

4x8 > 4x10

Cable One-Armed Row

3x10-12 (15kg) > 3x12 (20kg)

Straight-Arm Pulldowns

3x12 (I think it was like 25-30kg) > 3x15 (40kg). Not an excercise I pay too much attention to weight. Same with Facepulls.

Concentrated Curls

3x12 (7kg) > 3x12 (9.5kg). Next weight jump is 12kg, so I'll how I do the progression.

Red face Progress

I've managed to hit 4x12 in OHP DB. This is a lot better than when I started with 4x8 on my first shoulder workout. I particularly consider this a triumph considering I've been eating at a 25% calorie deficit this whole time. I'm doing at least twice as much volume as I used to.

Not sure if I'll try to pull 4x15, or just increase the weight and start back up at around 4x8.

Red face

Managed to hit 4x12 in pull-ups. The last set actually felt fairly easy, uptil the 8th rep or so. I also changed the position of my chest to try and face the bar, that way I take strain off my biceps.

I also increased the weight of my bicep curls. Did 3x10 with 12kg.