killerpipez1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ive gained muscle and lost weight?

Hi guys, i have been bodybuilding now since april, my main focus is hypertrophy so reps in the 10-12 range with any exercise, i have read its basically impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but when i started i was 78.8kg, i have put on quite a bit of muscle in the last 7 8 months and have had people tell me in the gym of my improvements, but i also weight 75.5kg atm, what could be the cause of my weight loss? My body does feel slimmer then when i started but i still have no defined abs, i am 6ft 0 tall btw. 183cm.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What could be the cause of your weight loss? You're in a caloric deficit. A very slight one based on only losing 3kg in 8 months.

You can gain strength and lose weight at the same time, some due to muscle growth, some due to CNS adaptation. This is basically called a recomp and newbies to the gym and people that have had long layoffs from the gym are usually the best candidates for this.

If you want to build more muscle you need to eat more. If you want to lose more fat then keep doing what you're doing (or increase your calorie deficit a bit to speed up the rate of loss).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

gancer15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is not out of the norm. You will start to stabilize when you start to pack on lean muscle.