Closed Thread
    SpagetCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating almost nothing but still not losing weight. Advice?

I'm a male in my 20s currently at 60kg (132lbs), 172cm (5'8"). I lost weight from 80kg down to 60kg no problem, but can't break the 60kg barrier for a month now.

It's come down to me consuming only 1000-1100kcal a day, while doing ~300kcal worth of exercise daily. My exercise consists of lifting 3 times a week (with 15 minutes of punching bag practice), and the rest of the days cardio for 30-45 minutes (200-300kcal worth). My lifts are either improving slightly or staying the same.

Sometimes, once or twice a week I eat over the limit or skip exercise, but nothing really drastic.

I'm so sick of being hungry all the time and having to eat vegetable soups every day to fill me, and not being able to eat anything nice. Could someone advise me why I'm not losing any more weight despite eating so little? I was hoping to lose 2kg in 2 weeks and be done with this.

EDIT: Link to photo album: imgur [dot] com/a/g0b0Ijt
    Last edited by SpagetCat; 11-14-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add album

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why are you trying to starve yourself? I don't think I have ever advised an adult male of 60kg to lose weight. You almost certainly need to prioritise muscle gain - plus that will be a lot more fun that your current miserable existence.

swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why do you need to lose weight?at that height and weight you must look like a skeleton you're into a woman's weight territory lol...bulk up mate

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Why are you trying to starve yourself? I don't think I have ever advised an adult male of 60kg to lose weight. You almost certainly need to prioritise muscle gain - plus that will be a lot more fun that your current miserable existence.
    My existence is indeed miserable but my reasons to lose more are:

1) I want more definition. I want to see my abs
    2) It would be a great achievement. I've been fat for so long that I want to blast all fat away and get maximally fit
    3) When I start my bulk at a lower weight, I will not be or look overweight towards the end of the bulk (the bulk will be 8-10kg over 4-5 months)

Originally Posted by swsko View Post
    why do you need to lose weight?at that height and weight you must look like a skeleton you're into a woman's weight territory lol...bulk up mate
    Not a skeleton, can't even see my abs. I look small but fit.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You might never see your abs because they aren't big enough to show through the skin. You'll only get smaller without really changing shape if you diet IMO. You can post a picture but I'd be astonished if that changes my view.

You don't have to gain lots of fat on a bulk. A "bulk" is a misnomer - if handled carefully, it can be mostly muscle.

swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SpagetCat View Post
    My existence is indeed miserable but my reasons to lose more are:

1) I want more definition. I want to see my abs
    2) It would be a great achievement. I've been fat for so long that I want to blast all fat away and get maximally fit
    3) When I start my bulk at a lower weight, I will not be or look overweight towards the end of the bulk (the bulk will be 8-10kg over 4-5 months)

Not a skeleton, can't even see my abs. I look small but fit.
    if you don't see your abs at your weight you will never will in your current state even if you go to 55KG. i'm 5"8 and 150lbs and i already see the top 4 abs, it means you don't have muscle to shoz for no matter how many KG you lose you will look awkward..you should train and eat adequately to get what you desire

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I'm a male in my 20s currently at 132lbs, 5'8".

I want to see my abs.
    This guy is about your same stats; how much more weight do you think he needs to lose before he can see his "abs?"

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This guy is about your same stats; how much more weight do you think he needs to lose before he can see his "abs?"

I should neg you for posting fatty pic to OP

(don't taze me bro, not srs)
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I don't post that pic for the lulz, or to deride OP, but only to try to make a point that otherwise seems totally lost on every single one of the already-rail-thin posters in this forum looking for their "abs."

Abdominals are muscles too, just like all other muscles in the body, and like all those other muscles, they can't be displayed if they are not already developed in the first place.

It's Groundhog Day in this forum. Every. Single. Day.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, eat lift repeat, it's not hard bro

Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ilikebeef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm also 5'8" and cutting. But I currently weight 178lbs.

My advice for you is to eat 2000-2500 calories a day, eliminate all cardio and lift weights heavy 3 times per week.

Thats what I would do if I were you.

What is a thread without pictures of OP? Maybe my self perception is warped: you be the judge.
    Link to photo album: imgur [dot] com/a/g0b0Ijt

So IMO you can see, there is poor definition of the torso and my figure isn't great. I can grab two handfuls of my stomach, so clearly there is still unnecessary fat; when I bend over I can still see the stomach protruding.

I just want to be fit, and have an ideal body fat %. If I take the meat from stomach, hips, thighs and my upper body should stands out more and I have more of a "V" shape (as best as I can, given my slender frame). What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You don't have to gain lots of fat on a bulk. A "bulk" is a misnomer - if handled carefully, it can be mostly muscle.
    Could you link me to a resource on how to do that please? Last time, I would bulk a stead 0.5kg per week, and count my calories, but ended up getting tonnes of fat along with the muscle.

gancer15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are killing your metabolism, and working out without proper nutrition is detrimental to your health

Originally Posted by Ilikebeef View Post
    I'm also 5'8" and cutting. But I currently weight 178lbs.

My advice for you is to eat 2000-2500 calories a day, eliminate all cardio and lift weights heavy 3 times per week.

Thats what I would do if I were you.
    THis is good advice

Originally Posted by gancer15 View Post
    You are killing your metabolism, and working out without proper nutrition is detrimental to your health
    How else do people go to 12% BF and below?

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I don't post that pic for the lulz, or to deride OP, but only to try to make a point that otherwise seems totally lost on every single one of the already-rail-thin posters in this forum looking for their "abs."
    No, I understood and have seen you post it before.

I wasn't intending to imply you were razzing OP (hence the "not srs")
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How else do people go to 12% BF and below?
    When the muscle foundation is there and you're at a healthy weight it can done.

You're underweight and lacking the muscle foundation needed to support the look. You can't cut when there's nothing left to cut. You're wasting serious time fighting your body trying to get down to a weight you're not naturally meant to be at...completely unhealthy and unrealistic. You need a calorie surplus, consistency with a heavy lifting program and lots of patience. It's the only way you're going to fix the problem.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

ᵢ'ᵥₑ gₒₜ cᵤᵣᵥₑₛ... SpeculatorSam's Avatar
    SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've another suggestion... your perception is skewed. You do have visable abs judging at the pics I'd say you're 14%+/-1 body fat. You might feel that your abs don't show very well because the fact you see these fitness models taking instagram selfies with really good lighting. I can't find that Omarisuf video, but a fitness model one time got to like 8% and took a mirror selfie after just waking up, then one at his photo shoot after an upper body workout and a salty meal with carbs in it. The mirror selfie he looked muscular but depleted, and obviously the photo shoot he had full-on pump, carbs, dialtion/blood-flow, photoshop, etc.

For the sake of your sanity and health please do a lean bulk and focus on muscle building, since eating 1k cals as a man... actually as a human being in general is stupid. You never want to go below 20% of your maintain cals if you're trying to maintain muscle too during a cut, which shouldn't be your focus right now anyow. get some learning done and subscribe to Omarisuf on Youtube. For reference, I have a a 4100-4200 metabolism and although I'm cutting right now, I'm currently at 22% and my cutting calories are 3100-3300, so no more than a 910 deficit.

Short story version is please eat more and focus on performance in the gym and your body will adapt accordingly. Also, consider finding a hobby, like play a musical instrument or find a good non-fitness book to read, bird-house making, something. Having a non-fitness hobby makes life a little easier and not constantly thinking about your calorie intake makes life less stressful. Less stress = less cortisol and more testosterone
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 11-23-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: link to outside site

Alright guys, thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I will start to do a bulk, and research how to do it without gaining much fat.

But the logic seems strange to me: if I'm undernourished, if no person should eat 1000kcal, why is my body refusing to burn any more fat reserves? And my lifts are being maintained or improving slightly.

Alright guys, thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I will start to do a bulk, and research how to do it without gaining much fat.

But the logic seems strange to me: if I'm undernourished, if no person should eat 1000kcal, why is my body refusing to burn any more fat reserves? And my lifts are being maintained or improving slightly.
    aim for 1kg/month gain so 0.25/week not the 0.5KG/week you gained before thats how you minimize the fat, which should be around +200-300 calories per day

Your height and weight are fine. No need to eat vegtable soup Lean muscle will keep weight up

workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100) workout4life8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't think you should eat so little because doing so will cause you to lose weight at a slower pace. I think you should eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly.

Larry79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stop starving. You body will try it's best to save the fat for your survival.
    If you spam this forum again you will be banned-mod team

ashstaley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is not healthy, you don't need to drop any more. Start building muscle and eating properly.

Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josh100x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a male in my 20s currently at 60kg (132lbs), 172cm (5'8"). I lost weight from 80kg down to 60kg no problem, but can't break the 60kg barrier for a month now.

It's come down to me consuming only 1000-1100kcal a day, while doing ~300kcal worth of exercise daily. My exercise consists of lifting 3 times a week (with 15 minutes of punching bag practice), and the rest of the days cardio for 30-45 minutes (200-300kcal worth). My lifts are either improving slightly or staying the same.

Sometimes, once or twice a week I eat over the limit or skip exercise, but nothing really drastic.

I'm so sick of being hungry all the time and having to eat vegetable soups every day to fill me, and not being able to eat anything nice. Could someone advise me why I'm not losing any more weight despite eating so little? I was hoping to lose 2kg in 2 weeks and be done with this.

EDIT: Link to photo album: imgur [dot] com/a/g0b0Ijt

Time to bulk man. I'm 5'8" 67kg. I'm cutting to 65kg before bulking and I'll probably have the same waistline as you. Abs just aren't there yet. You need to build them, just like me. If you have a flat stomach (which you do), cutting more won't show abs.

Do a lean bulk so you keep your current levels and waistline. Will take longer, but the muscle will look good. Ever see a guy with great abs and no other muscle on his body? Yeah, me neither.

Originally Posted by SpeculatorSam View Post
    The body will hold on fat if it believes it's starving.
    Not really. I prefer Lyles view:

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo...ishy-fat.html/

Scooby is not reliable source of information IMO.

Originally Posted by SpeculatorSam View Post
    The body will hold on fat if it believes it's starving. Eat at a 200-300 calorie surplus to minimize fat gain, and the lifts will improve regardless if you're within your first two years of lifting even if you're undernourished; part of lifting is neuromusclar efficiency and memorizing the movement patterns. Stick to fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean sources of protien, and healthy fats. Check xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com for more straight forward advice on nutrition and lifting. Now, please eat.
    lol, come here to give advise to go elsewhere for better advice?

shill much?
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew