magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Depressed because friend told me i didn't gain muscles

Been working out since December 4, 2016. The last time I saw my friend was in 2015 so he must have seen improvements on my body but said I looked like I'm still on the weight-loss stage.

I was like, wtf, I've never been on the weight-loss stage. Since the start, I've always been working out to build muscles. The only thing he sees was that my tummy is now flat... so what about my shoulders, chest and arms???

I'm confused because when I see myself in the mirror, I do see drastic changes... but my friend doesn't see them?

But the thing is, I couldn't have regular meals on my trip to meet him so my body shrank. He didn't see me when I'm PUMPED or something. But this is just my theory. Anybody can help me on this?

magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magicbunny87 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Should I post pics?

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ignore the friend.

(He might have a bad memory, be jealous, or be a bad judge of body composition. There are lots of reasons he might mis-remember what you were like or say what he did.)

Trust your own progress.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by magicbunny87 View Post
    Been working out since December 4, 2016. The last time I saw my friend was in 2015 so he must have seen improvements on my body but said I looked like I'm still on the weight-loss stage.

I was like, wtf, I've never been on the weight-loss stage. Since the start, I've always been working out to build muscles. The only thing he sees was that my tummy is now flat... so what about my shoulders, chest and arms???

I'm confused because when I see myself in the mirror, I do see drastic changes... but my friend doesn't see them?

But the thing is, I couldn't have regular meals on my trip to meet him so my body shrank. He didn't see me when I'm PUMPED or something. But this is just my theory. Anybody can help me on this?
    You know your body more than anyone. Listen to yourself more than your friends.

ᵢ'ᵥₑ gₒₜ cᵤᵣᵥₑₛ... SpeculatorSam's Avatar
    SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sergexzx View Post
    You know your body more than anyone. Listen to yourself more than your friends.
    Ditto on all the above. Have your lifts improved? Have you been eating fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean sources of protein, and a little healthy fat; maybe even tracked calories and maintained a small 200-500 surplus? How about looking in the mirror, can you see your own muscles better? Quite frankly, natural muscle gain is a slow process even for a beginner. The absolute most anyone can hope to gain in a year as a beginner is 20lbs. lean mass, most of us will be lucky if we gain 10-15. So if you've made two years progress and possibly gained upwards of 20-30lbs. lean mass, then you can probably see a noticable difference, whether that's in your physique or your lifts, or both.

Pump or no pump, if you have 23 months of beginner gains and training on you, there'd be a noticable difference. Your friend has astigmatism and needs to get glasses... or maybe you were wearing baggy clothes? I dunno man, you gotta decide for yourself. It's funny the first few years of lifting you'll most likely look like a flyweight MMA fighter as best with any luck, few of us get to the point where they look at us and think "bodybuilder or physique competitor".

BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BahtiyarWorld has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What your friend said might be true and might be false. In both cases, there is some piece of inspiration for you. If his opinion is right, then, keep training to gain more muscles. If he is wrong, then, you should still keep training to further enhance your physique.

StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) StairwayToGym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does he even lift? =)

Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Friends can be A##holes Just ignore him keep doing you.
    9 months lifting

mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrgrtt123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When someone tells me bad things about myself I use it as motivation to become a better person. I can say that this person is straight-forward, do not let those words stop you from achieving a healthy and fit body.

Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100) Coinsave is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sculpting i a personal journey, don't let anyone cloud your thoughts.

You know deep down if you're progressing.