GoodGuyJay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much weight should I gain?

So im 17 and I'm 6'1 and 140 lbs, yeah I know I'm skinny lol. Im trying to put on 25-30lbs in 4 to 5 months. Considering how skinny I am, it wouldn't be harmful to put on that much weight quickly right? I wouldn't look fat if I gained this much weight right? Also I'm stating to work out. Going to the gym 3 times a week now.

A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GoodGuyJay View Post
    So im 17 and I'm 6'1 and 140 lbs, yeah I know I'm skinny lol. Im trying to put on 25-30lbs in 4 to 5 months. Considering how skinny I am, it wouldn't be harmful to put on that much weight quickly right? I wouldn't look fat if I gained this much weight right? Also I'm stating to work out. Going to the gym 3 times a week now.

A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    If you're still in puberty, I guess you might can gain a little more muscle than this, but generally, about 2 pounds a month is about the fastest you can add muscle, so your 30 pounds gained in 5 months has the potential to be 20 pounds of FAT. I'd slow my roll a little.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    If you're still in puberty, I guess you might can gain a little more muscle than this, but generally, about 2 pounds a month is about the fastest you can add muscle, so your 30 pounds gained in 5 months has the potential to be 20 pounds of FAT. I'd slow my roll a little.
    Thanks for the response. I am aware that it takes a long time to build muscle, I understand that I would be gaining a lot of fat as well, But honestly I'm really self conscious about being so skinny. I don't even want to go to the gym because people will probably judge me for being so slim. Is that to much weight? Since I'm 6'1 how much weight would i have to gain for it to be noticeable?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GoodGuyJay View Post
    Thanks for the response. I am aware that it takes a long time to build muscle, I understand that I would be gaining a lot of fat as well, But honestly I'm really self conscious about being so skinny. I don't even want to go to the gym because people will probably judge me for being so slim. Is that to much weight? Since I'm 6'1 how much weight would i have to gain for it to be noticeable?
    Hard to say. Get on a good novice routine from the Workouts section of this forum and follow it exactly. Work hard. If being "skinny" REALLY bothers you, I suggest you start with a goal of gaining 3 or 4 pounds a month, but watch the mirror closely and when you decide that you're adding fat too fast, to slow your bulk to 2 pounds a month and do it until the mirror tells you otherwise.

One other notes. NO ONE in the gym cares if you're fat, skinny, purple, orange, short, or tall. They are their working on their selves. You do the same. Good luck!

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Hard to say. Get on a good novice routine from the Workouts section of this forum and follow it exactly. Work hard. If being "skinny" REALLY bothers you, I suggest you start with a goal of gaining 3 or 4 pounds a month, but watch the mirror closely and when you decide that you're adding fat too fast, to slow your bulk to 2 pounds a month and do it until the mirror tells you otherwise.

One other notes. NO ONE in the gym cares if you're fat, skinny, purple, orange, short, or tall. They are their working on their selves. You do the same. Good
    luck!

thanks means a lot.