Thread: Warm ups.

Registered User michaelblanchar's Avatar
    michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelblanchar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Warm ups.

Sure it’s been answered a thousand times but one more time shouldn’t hurt.

Warm ups. I am just wondering what people’s opinions are on light cardio before a lifting session?

No more than 5-10mins just I get the blood flowing and te body heated, this would be followed by dynamic stretching and specific exercises to warm up for weights.

The type of cardio is the question. Should you do opposite muscle group for the warm up as to not pre exhaust that muscle group, or specific cardio for that muscles group as to put the blood flowing through those muscles.

Example. Back day consist of rowing as specific. Compared to skipping or jogging?

Thanks.

squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My current warm up routine;

- 500m row - i find this to be a silver-bullet cardio warm up, turns on the arms, back, legs and joints.

- 3 sets of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 bw squats

- 3 sets of shoulder pre-hab (if benching or squatting), generally 3 movements for 10-20 reps each.

Takes a little while about 10-15mins. The light cardio and bodyweight/light weight movements i picked up at crossfit class (they also did dynamic stretching pre-workout which is good). The shoulder prehab i swear by after an injury and haven't looked back.

The one thing i would like to improve is static stretching after the workout or before bed. Heard many good things from people post injury.
    Last edited by squareznboxez; 11-11-2018 at 09:56 PM.

calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) calvinmd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Warm ups are very important, you can tear up a muscle by not stretching before an extensive exercise . Even soccer players stretch and do warm ups before taking part in a game.

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The type of cardio is the question. Should you do opposite muscle group for the warm up as to not pre exhaust that muscle group, or specific cardio for that muscles group as to put the blood flowing through those muscles.
    OP, your warm up should not exhaust you, it's a warm up - don't overthink things. You're warm up's sole purpose is to get your body ready for the work you're about to do. My son has a good dynamic warm up (some from his college S&C coach plus some shoulder and knee prehab) that has some cardio built into the drills (i.e. 10 yrd carioca with a 10 yrd sprint at the end) that he does before his strength workouts. When he was playing baseball he would typically work 5 minutes on a bike and finish with 2-3 minutes of HITT on the bike before his pre pitching arm care warm up.

In your case OP if you want to do a little cardio then do so - anything that floats your boat but raises your pulse rate, then some dynamic warm up exercises, followed by any needed stretching (i.e. stretching you need to do because you're overly tight in an area and just accept that you're not going for maxes on that body part that day). Save you main stretching for after your workout.

Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sergexzx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look into dynamic stretching as well. 10-15 mins of movements.