PMRD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Neck pain (torticollis) after back squat mishap

Hi,

So on tuesday while back squatting I readjusted a relatively light weight on my shoulders because it was misaligned. Reflexively, I just bounced the bar on my shoulders to move it slightly. That was super dumb and I felt a slight crack in my upper back (nothing specifically worrying, more like knuckles cracking, but still). I didn't feel any discomfort during the rest of the workout or the day.

On wednesday, my neck felt a little stiff, nothing bad, and yesterday and today I'm having some neck pain (a torticollis). Should I be worried ? The torticollis is definitely located above where the bar was.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What did your Doctor say?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See Doc or wait it out for a couple of weeks and if you still have pain then see a doc.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    See Doc or wait it out for a couple of weeks and if you still have pain then see a doc.
    OP, probably don't wait as long as a couple of weeks. Necks are serious. I'd say wait MAYBE a day or two--I've certainly had neck pains that felt serious at one moment, and then were gone the next morning.
    You should definitely see a doctor if you're still feeling pain by tomorrow morning.
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

PMRD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bLinkMoore View Post
    OP, probably don't wait as long as a couple of weeks. Necks are serious. I'd say wait MAYBE a day or two--I've certainly had neck pains that felt serious at one moment, and then were gone the next morning.
    You should definitely see a doctor if you're still feeling pain by tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for the advice -- I'm still a little stiff in certain positions today, but it's way better so I'll wait before monday to see someone (I worked out yesterday but didn't put any weight on my back though just to be safe).