richv24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My short story from 400 to 175 to 195

Hey guys. I have followed the forums for a while but never really posted much. Decided it was time to start getting into it as I feel like I am losing motivation.

I have attached a couple photos, but long story short, I am 6' tall and at my heaviest, I was 400 lbs. Completely changed my lifestyle and ended up dropping down to 220 lbs with diet alone. That is when I started working out and was obsessed with weight so I ended up dropping down to 175 lbs. a few months ago. Had a dexa scan at 178 lbs and it showed me at 17-18% (I don't remember). Started lifting a little more heavy and got me a trainer. Now i hover right around 195 lbs and think I am around the same percentage. Still need to lose some weight though. Going to have another dexa scan next week and will post it.

It has been a breeze up to a few months ago since I was seeing progress through the scale. I now lost some motivation and tend to yo-yo weekly/biweekly with cheat days. I think it is because I can no longer rely on the scale to show me progress. If only there was a way to do an accurate body fat scan every week. I think that would motivate me again.
    Attached Images

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. As for body fat, don't worry about it. I would be more concerned with personal achievements, progress in the gym etc. Don't let all your hard work go to waste. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and reward yourself when you reach them.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”