sambri15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing body fat help and advice

Hi guys, let me start by explaining what I've done so far.

So, I started trying to lose weight around June 30th 2018, so far I've lost a good amount and feel pretty good. I am 6ft 2, and currently weigh around 85kg. I was dieting on around 1500 - 1700 calories a day. I was managing, but I realized this wasn't very sustainable at all. I worked my TDEE out to be around 2400, and that's without ticking any exercise on the TDEE calculator, I lift weights 4 -5 days a week, and go for a 30 minute brisk walk 5 days a week on my lunch break.

I am now, trying to diet and eat clean on around 2000 calories daily, I'm using creatine, as of around 1 week ago. I don't know what it is, but I just feel like I'm making no progress, and am infact going backwards. In my head, I know it isn't true, but I just feel like ive stopped making progress. Am I doing something wrong? I often feel like 2000 calories could be too much if I am trying to lose weight?

Regardless, my plan is to just keep going at it, but it would just be good to go in the right direction once again.

Thanks

swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you track your TDEE?your new TDEE is lower than your old one..;i suggest you start somewhere between 1800-2000, track it over 2 weeks and see how your tdee is, then you can adjust the deficit according to the TDEE..online calculators are just estimates, mine was off by 300calories

Originally Posted by swsko View Post
    did you track your TDEE?your new TDEE is lower than your old one..;i suggest you start somewhere between 1800-2000, track it over 2 weeks and see how your tdee is, then you can adjust the deficit according to the TDEE..online calculators are just estimates, mine was off by 300calories
    Yeah, so I did a TDEE just yesterday, with my current weight, age height etc. And it showed a number of around 2400 (This is without putting any exercise) If I tick 3-5 days a week, I get a number of around 3000?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't use calculators, these are just guesses based on broad population averages.

Use the readings you have. If you are consuming X calories and not losing or gaining weight, that is your TDEE. For every 500 calories over (or under) that per day, you will be gaining (or losing) 1lb a week.

(NB: 1kg of fat = 7700 calories)

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sambri15 View Post
    Hi guys, let me start by explaining what I've done so far.

So, I started trying to lose weight around June 30th 2018, so far I've lost a good amount and feel pretty good. I am 6ft 2, and currently weigh around 85kg. I was dieting on around 1500 - 1700 calories a day. I was managing, but I realized this wasn't very sustainable at all. I worked my TDEE out to be around 2400, and that's without ticking any exercise on the TDEE calculator, I lift weights 4 -5 days a week, and go for a 30 minute brisk walk 5 days a week on my lunch break.

I am now, trying to diet and eat clean on around 2000 calories daily, I'm using creatine, as of around 1 week ago. I don't know what it is, but I just feel like I'm making no progress, and am infact going backwards. In my head, I know it isn't true, but I just feel like ive stopped making progress. Am I doing something wrong? I often feel like 2000 calories could be too much if I am trying to lose weight?

Regardless, my plan is to just keep going at it, but it would just be good to go in the right direction once again.

Thanks

Not a clue on what it could be OP.......
    ETA: Following post dated 10/26/18

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176377661

Hey guys, I have a big appetite, abnormally big.

However I'm disciplining myself as I'm cutting weight at the moment, however to satisfy the appetite I like to have a huge cheat meal once a week, like 4000 - 5000 calories.

According to scales, it still seems like I'm losing weight, I don't know how fast. But I recently saw a thread saying doing this once a week will possibly ruin fat loss.

Could you advise?
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

Haha not anymore, I obviously stopped that since the wonderful people from last time helped me.

So, do you have anything meaningful to post here? Or have you given your two cents.

chino1108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a probably dumb question for many here but I am not very smart in this topic. What is TDEE? and also I have issues with weight loss, I am eating about 2400 cals a day and I do fasted weight training and some cardio after that. One hour in total, 5 to 6 times a week. I am quite fat so all help is well appreciateed. Thanks!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Feelings are not facts. Do you have any objective evidence that you are making no progress and instead are going backward? Everybody has moments of illogical self doubt and you just need to learn to ignore them. You've already admitted that in your head, you know that you're not stalling or regressing so just move on. If you haven't already, take body measurements and take them every so often so that you can judge your progress.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by chino1108 View Post
    I have a probably dumb question for many here but I am not very smart in this topic. What is TDEE? and also I have issues with weight loss, I am eating about 2400 cals a day and I do fasted weight training and some cardio after that. One hour in total, 5 to 6 times a week. I am quite fat so all help is well appreciateed. Thanks!
    TDEE = total daily energy expenditure - i.e. the total calories your body burns in an average day including all exercise and other activity.

BTW, fasted training makes no difference compared to fed training (if total calorie intake is the same in both cases).

If you aren't losing about 1lb a week on 2400 calories then reduce it, it really is that simple.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha not anymore, I obviously stopped that since the wonderful people from last time helped me.

So, do you have anything meaningful to post here? Or have you given your two cents.
    So, it's been like 2 whole weeks since you've had your life changing epiphany, and you've started this thread due to not seeing the miraculous results you should be seeing from those 2 week?

LOL
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

chino1108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    TDEE = total daily energy expenditure - i.e. the total calories your body burns in an average day including all exercise and other activity.

BTW, fasted training makes no difference compared to fed training (if total calorie intake is the same in both cases).

If you aren't losing about 1lb a week on 2400 calories then reduce it, it really is that simple.
    Ahhh that makes sense...the issue is that I kinda see some body shape changes (shoulders,thighs, chest) but the scale is up and down. Last friday I weighted 319 lbs and the next day it went up to 322 lbs. It has been an up and down game for the last 4-6 weeks.

ging12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you considered that WHAT your calories consist of, might be the problem at hand?

Sometimes, not always, the lack of weight loss isn't found in the amount of daily calorie intake. It is important that what you are putting in to your body are the necessary nutrients that you need. Look back on your daily diet and see what you are missing out on, or what you may be indulging too much in, and then reassess. Make the changes you need to, and stick with what you are doing well.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ging12 View Post
    Have you considered that WHAT your calories consist of, might be the problem at hand?

Sometimes, not always, the lack of weight loss isn't found in the amount of daily calorie intake. It is important that what you are putting in to your body are the necessary nutrients that you need. Look back on your daily diet and see what you are missing out on, or what you may be indulging too much in, and then reassess. Make the changes you need to, and stick with what you are doing well.
    I'm interested by what you mean by 'nutrients' you mean, if you mean the split of protein, carbs and fat well that doesn't make much different in terms of weight loss.... Macros are important for body composition (as in maintain good hormones and muscles). If you eat too many calories above your bodies needs you will gain weight, eat less you will lose weight.....

Of course micro nutrients from good sources, like fiber, fruit and veg are important for health and highly advised but they still have a small effect on weight loss.

If it means something else could you expand with some reliable sources just for my scientific interest.

slink522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

The key is to stay consistent and know that weight loss is a long term journey. I suggest taking pictures and measurements over stepping on the scale. Especially if you're weight lifting. The scale is just a number.