Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Working out injured

1 33.33%
  • Recover without lifting

0 0%
  • other

2 66.67%
    joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Working out on a injury

How many people workout through there injuries ? And how many people just focus on recovery?

I have a broken Knuckle the doctor said no more lifting for a little bit I marched right out the office and stright to the gym to lift.

What are some good injury traing alternatives? I have found that i can only use cables and light dumbbells and of course legs.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you lifting for you or are you lifting to support a sport and your in season or pre season and need to continue training? If the former, give the injury a rest, and work with your doctor to return to lifting. If it's the later then work with your orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist, trainer, strength and conditioning coach, and coaching staff to maximize your productivity while protecting the injured part of your body and allowing it to heal or not get worse until your season is over and you can treat it.

joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    are you lifting for you or are you lifting to support a sport and your in season or pre season and need to continue training? If the former, give the injury a rest, and work with your doctor to return to lifting. If it's the later then work with your orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist, trainer, strength and conditioning coach, and coaching staff to maximize your productivity while protecting the injured part of your body and allowing it to heal or not get worse until your season is over and you can treat it.
    Thanks for the reply I am lifting for me I had a broken knuckle still do in a cast for two more weeks that I do is I still go to the gym use wrist wraps and strap eveything to my wrist area to not put pressure on my hand and since the cast is carbon fiber its really hard and wont bend. I also take precaution and am lifting less weight but higher reps and dont do push exercises.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I usually try to find a way to work around (non major) injuries.

Eg....if knees hurt, no quad knee flexion moves like squats, focus on hamstrings until it gets better. Make RDLs and GHRs my primary moves until I can squat again.

Elbow issues, then no chest/shoulder/triceps pressing. But I’ll still find a way to train upper like back, cable flyes, curls, etc.

I rarely stop training altogether unless it’s something like lower back issues. Even then I may do some chin-ups and pull-ups outside...