teepNjab is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting for strength and explosiveness in Muay Thai

Hey guys, I've been doing MT for about a year now and I'd like to start lifting for strength, explosivness and to improve fast twitch muscle fibers

( I don't know if this stuff is even real but I've done like two days of research and this stuff gets brought up a lot for athlete training )

I've done weightlifting in the past but it was for aesthetics so I'm coming in as a novice with really good cardio.

Should I do something like SS and focus on lifting with "explosiveness" or are there any programs you guys could recommend? Any suggestions/advice would be great, thanks yawl

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lift to get strong (basic strength that all athletes should have) and then spend more effort on power and quickness. SS is fine, their are others listed on this site.

teepNjab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thankyou! Most people have been telling me to just do SS before focusing on these specific goals

sdsith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with sowilson. People like SS first because it makes sense on paper but you need that basic level of strength first. Back when I started wrestling I was the most explosive guy there but I didn't have the strength so I just ended up ramming my head into the guy's abs. Not fun. I also want to add that I recommend focusing on bodyweight stuff too. Just makes it easier when you're able to handle your own body and its weight so that doesn't hinder you mid match. Good luck!
    Sean Dreibelbis
    Wrestler
    Judoka
    Just another guy trying to bulk up