Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why does this happen?

I see kids on the Internet claiming (and sometimes actually proving) that they can put up over 100kg in stuff like bench, and it just baffles me. It's not that I don't believe them, but it's that I don't really understand how this stuff happens and I'm 23 and struggle to bench 50kg for reps...and it's not like I just started. I've been going to the gym for almost 5 years. The only thing I get is injured and end up repeating a cycle of getting weaker, peaking and eventually injury.

And if you're wondering, I'm pretty sure my form is at least decent. Tucked and packed shoulders, etc. I don't even go under 5RM.

Even the stronger guys at my gym rarely lift 100kg. Like, actual grown men. And it's pretty serious weight over here, so I don't really get it. Is it like a special powerlifting community, or something?

Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gitsune has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So this isn't much of a complaint as it is to legitimately try to understand what's up. Maybe my programming of ONLY doing compounds is a terrible idea.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    So this isn't much of a complaint as it is to legitimately try to understand what's up. Maybe my programming of ONLY doing compounds is a terrible idea.
    You can only control you. Try not to compare yourself to others.

If you're programming, diet and rest are on point and you're making progress... However slow it is, then be happy.

The part you can't control is genetics which unfortunately plays a big role.

Having said that, you should be able to bench more than 50kg after 5 years of training.

Oh, I meant 60kg/135...not that it's much better. It's not that I've always been benching that, though. My strength cycles and I feel I just get weaker and eventually plateau and/or get injured from trying to overcome it. There's a point where my strength progresses steadily, and this just happens to where I'm always resetting.

Right now, I focus on dumbell incline and I've managed to get 25kg (55lbs)x8. I wanted to try to overhead press 50lbs but could only get 2 because my shouder/clavicle area was hurting. This is dumb.

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Just. Wow. This is unreal. You have got to be absolutely joking here. Impossible that you’re that weak.

7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you struggle to lift 60kg for reps then either youve been training wrong or eating improperly, probably both. i lifted 60kg as a complete beginner few months ago and yes i can bench 100kg.
    if noones lifting over a 100 than all of you are bunch of weak kunts. im not saying to ego lift nor am i saying to be obsessed with numbers but 60kg barely and been training for 5 years, brah step up the game
    Quod in vita facimus, in aeternum resonat.

TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gitsune View Post
    I see kids on the Internet claiming (and sometimes actually proving) that they can put up over 100kg in stuff like bench, and it just baffles me. It's not that I don't believe them, but it's that I don't really understand how this stuff happens and I'm 23 and struggle to bench 50kg for reps...and it's not like I just started. I've been going to the gym for almost 5 years. The only thing I get is injured and end up repeating a cycle of getting weaker, peaking and eventually injury.

And if you're wondering, I'm pretty sure my form is at least decent. Tucked and packed shoulders, etc. I don't even go under 5RM.

Even the stronger guys at my gym rarely lift 100kg. Like, actual grown men. And it's pretty serious weight over here, so I don't really get it. Is it like a special powerlifting community, or something?
    No only physical but you’re mentally weak too
    Comparing yourself to others

Fix your training and your diet perhaps

pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    maybe youre too busy working your fingers on the keyboard complaining and not busy enough with your lifting and nutrition. save this stuff for your personal diary and stop comparing yourself to others....not trying to be an as*, just blunt.

westymate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start strengthening your muscles so that you don't get injured so frequently. You shouldn't hurt yourself at a lightweight like that

Also how much do you weigh because all those numbers are close together and could be that you are small build or you are not lifting correctly cause your legs should be a lot stronger

Maybe speak to a pt in your gym or find a new gym cause you have weak people in that gym

Im 17, 98kg and can bench 135kg and im not even the biggest in the gym, far from it
    Brayden West
    Western Fitness
    S&C Coach, PT, Sport Specific

BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's something else going on here that you're clearly misinterpreting, such as how much are you really eating, how often are you really training and what are you doing during your training... be more specific because in a timeline of 5 years, and you still struggle to put up even 50 kg for reps, is really unusual.

...I say this because in the two years that I've been training, I was never on a program, nor surplus, and I've managed to get from 75 lbs on bench to 245 lbs, and my training consisted of simply overtraining chest as most people would see it, meaning I was doing bench 4 to 5 days a week constantly even up til now... so clearly if I made it this far without a proper program or even eating enough, you should definitely be able too as well, especially at your age/size.
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg