marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm a super newbie! Need some advice

Hey ladies, I'm just looking for some direction in regards to losing weight and which diet to follow. Not sure if I have posted in the right place.

These are my stats: 61kg, 170cm, 25yrs old (idk does that matter?!), 21% b.f. and relatively sedentary desk job. Essentially, my goal is to achieve a body similar to a figure model (lmfao that's probably years down the track). I'm thinking of losing weight first 53-54kg and then introducing all the building muscle stuff later on. Possibly the keto diet (thoughts?), I have tried this before in the past but I ended up taking too much ibuprofen to minimize migraines but the diet DID work.

Is this realistic?
    716 cal/day
    40g protein
    9g carbs
    58g fat

I've booked in to see a naturopath to give me advice on herbal analgesics for the impending migraines. Can anyone recommend a better diet to follow? Thanks!

marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marnied87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, I'm really unable to workout properly atm as I've been moved to a desk job instead of my usual site work. And I get tired so easily. I was thinking of just doing a 5k run once a week and then buy a set of barbells to just do a 40min workout at home once a week.

Jorobee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by marnied87 View Post
    Also, I'm really unable to workout properly atm as I've been moved to a desk job instead of my usual site work. And I get tired so easily. I was thinking of just doing a 5k run once a week and then buy a set of barbells to just do a 40min workout at home once a week.
    Hi girl. Thanks for posting. I think you have a really good starting point at a great body fat ratio and a great height!

I do recommend starting to lift and bodybuild first before you drastically change your diet to reduce the calories and start really shredding weight, since it's a lot harder to lift when you are hungry. The general route people take is build muscle and THEN shred fat. Obvi you don't have to do this and not everyone does this, but I personally find this most helpful.

Good luck!

Powr018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

Generally, bulk first to get that muscle mass and then shed fat. Bodybuilding.com has a great many useful calculators. Try them out and of course read, read, and ask away. This is a great community. Figure huh? Nice. I am trying for bodybuilding (aka physique) it's called now a days! LMAO I guess the concept of woman with muscles still is scary to many. Oh Well...Here's to scaring as many as I can! Best of luck to you!

taylerbabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weightlifting is such a good way to shed fat. You may not lose as much weight because you'll be gaining muscle, but you'll burn a lot of the unwanted weight through weightlifting.
    Good luck!