MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Anyone take the Google IT Support Professional Certificate?

Google's IT Support Professional Certificate is meant to be an alternative or companion to the ubiquitous CompTIA A+.

It's offered thru Coursera, which means it's $49 a month subscription. It's meant to take 8 months to complete but is completely self paced.

I am taking it to fill in some gaps in my knowledge of fundamentals - I'm self/peer taught on all that stuff so getting a good baseline of networking, etc. I completed the first module of 5 in a single but very full day, so I'm tempted to go off the deep end and earn the whole thing for $49.

Has anyone worked on this cert? What do you think of it?

It's interesting to note you can pair the cert with an A+ and receive a special badge on your linkedin profile attesting that you have both - I don't have any desire to do helpdesk type roles but for someone fresh out of college that seems like a guaranteed interview pass.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

*HTC*

gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    Google's IT Support Professional Certificate is meant to be an alternative or companion to the ubiquitous CompTIA A+.

It's offered thru Coursera, which means it's $49 a month subscription. It's meant to take 8 months to complete but is completely self paced.

I am taking it to fill in some gaps in my knowledge of fundamentals - I'm self/peer taught on all that stuff so getting a good baseline of networking, etc. I completed the first module of 5 in a single but very full day, so I'm tempted to go off the deep end and earn the whole thing for $49.

Has anyone worked on this cert? What do you think of it?

It's interesting to note you can pair the cert with an A+ and receive a special badge on your linkedin profile attesting that you have both - I don't have any desire to do helpdesk type roles but for someone fresh out of college that seems like a guaranteed interview pass.
    Skip all that BS unless you want a $15/hr job.

I'd recommend studying for either AWS, Azure or GCP associate certs. They'll probably get you farther than a A+ cert will right out of college.
    2019 Audi RS3