Reply
Page 263 of 277 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 8296
  1. #7861
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Originally Posted by gixxer0.6g View Post
    Back in the 6ks. Anyone watching krown? What's the crypto king calling for? I might have to get my wallet out
    Excuse my amateurish TA words here: he called the range break. Said he expected it to be to the downside. Is bearish going forward.

    He's back in Finland or something...so his streams are at like 3am now which sucks.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #7862
    Registered User iifymbro's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 15,784
    Rep Power: 93753
    iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    iifymbro is offline
    btc looks pretty fukked, not gunna lie

    buyers have a chitload of work to do to make it look like something other then death lol

    Here's to hoping they do it soon, and we don't wake up one morning in the near future with price below 4k with supply still firmly in control
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**
    Reply With Quote

  3. #7863
    Serenity Now! FrankCostanza's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2019
    Posts: 3,400
    Rep Power: 5229
    FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000) FrankCostanza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FrankCostanza is offline
    Are there any good airdrops to get in on?

    Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
    btc looks pretty fukked, not gunna lie

    buyers have a chitload of work to do to make it look like something other then death lol

    Here's to hoping they do it soon, and we don't wake up one morning in the near future with price below 4k with supply still firmly in control
    If that happens I’m throwing a **** ton of money at btc.
    25
    Retired
    Screw the haters
    Don’t worry about things that aren’t within your control.

    In before fuqdatass
    Reply With Quote

  4. #7864
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    It just randomly occurred to me that the top 3 market cap coins basically fit the three possible categories of cryptocurrencies. You go from one that is completely decentralized, to one that is essentially decentralized but with a benevolent dictator factor, to a project that is absolutely centralized.

    That's probably how it should be going forward in terms of types of consumer options.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #7865
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
    btc looks pretty fukked, not gunna lie

    buyers have a chitload of work to do to make it look like something other then death lol

    Here's to hoping they do it soon, and we don't wake up one morning in the near future with price below 4k with supply still firmly in control
    If it's 2017 type gains you want, don't you think a reset below 4k would increase those chances?

    The people that are in **** positions that stubbornly refused to adjust any of them are the ones that claim BTC is done. This in a year where it went from 4k to 6.8k at the moment.

    Only in crypto land do people think that holding means getting large gains in a year.

    It's been interesting seeing my friends that were very much into keeping up with cryptocurrency news just fade away. They've given up on their positions so don't care to follow any news in the field. And that's a good thing. Shake out the strictly in it for the gains crew.

    Hopefully we start to seeing some solid real world use projects come to fruition soon.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #7866
    Registered User BDSMBBW's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2015
    Posts: 1,309
    Rep Power: 5164
    BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BDSMBBW is offline
    low-mid 6k's would be a decent area to DCA.

    This is pretty hard to trade on lower TF's. That move from 6410 to 6900(~7%) took just 2 - 30 minute candles.

    A couple of interesting bitcoin whales to follow on twitter -

    https://twitter.com/J0E007

    ^ I think that's the dude with major long position on finex.

    https://twitter.com/ShadowRekt

    bullish hope till 7040 area holds.

    Important stuff for my fellow traders to consider -

    -> MONTHLY 21 EMA.(~7.1k?)
    -> Daily bullish divergence.

    I am hoping monthly 21 EMA does not break!!
    Last edited by BDSMBBW; 12-22-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7867
    Registered User brbacquiring's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 7,461
    Rep Power: 2074
    brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000) brbacquiring is just really nice. (+1000)
    brbacquiring is offline
    https://mailchi.mp/quant.network/qua...-october-issue

    Quant. If you're not deep (ideally all) in this then you're doing altcoins wrong. Remember the name, at least, so you can see what you missed out on when it's a top coin.

    Copied from the article above:

    Quant has reached some great achievements in 2019, here are some highlights:

    First half:

    Quant Network achieved Technology Partner status with Amazon’s AWS Partner Network (APN). A move that will enable more than a million active customers to benefit from our Overledger blockchain operating system who use AWS Cloud solutions to deliver flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
    Quant Network joined Hyperledger, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross- industry blockchain technologies.
    Guy Dietrich, Managing Director of Rockefeller Capital joined Quant Network’s Board of Directors.
    Quant was chosen for Tech Nation’s Cybersecurity Growth Programme.
    Quant named a Cool Vendor in blockchain technology by Gartner.
    SIA partnered with Quant to explore innovative solutions in blockchain interoperability for banks and financial institution.
    The London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA) announced Quant will be joining its third round of cybersecurity companies, to address the market need of industry today.
    Quant was accepted into the Oracle Global Start-up Ecosystem – a move that will enable us to benefit from Oracle’s global customers, and product and market expertise.
    Quant became a Guarantor of Pay.UK, the UK’s payments authority.


    Second Half:

    AX Trading partnered with Quant to enable Interoperable and Regulatory-Compliant Digital Assets and Security Tokens in Capital Markets and Exchange Infrastructure by integrating Quant’s interoperability technology Overledger into AX Trading Network. Redefining Wall St with decentralised capital market infrastructure .
    Overledger, started suppoting public permissionless blockchains, starting with Ethereum Ropsten.
    Quant announced, The Overledger Network: “The network of networks for a Hyper-connected world".
    Quant attended SIBOS as part the Oracle for Start up Innovation Zone.
    Quant partnered with Ledger3 to develop an advanced thermodynamic packaging solution.
    Quant CEO Gilbert Verdian participated in panel during WCIT 2019 with BNP Paribas, American Express and ***, discussing financial technology and innovation.
    Constellation Network and Quant partnership announced plans to help enterprises procure blockchain technology and enable interoperability with security at scale.
    Quant Network and SIMBA Chain both leading innovators in blockchain technology, announced a new partnership where they will collaborate to make the deployment of smart contracts which use more than a single blockchain fast, easy and cost-effective for the first time.
    QuantX19 saw industry leaders come together to discuss the role of blockchain and interoperability in a hyper-connected world.
    Quant appointed Chief Technology Officer - Peter Marirosans, to head up the UK office.
    Quant appointed Chief Operating Officer America's, Gagik Alaverdian.
    Outlook for Quant 2020

    The growing Quant team is looking forward to an even bigger 2020 where blockchain becomes mainstream. We are seeing first hand the increasingly number of clients who are implementing real world blockchain use cases globally with the main catalyst beingfinancial services where digital assets are becoming a priority and major focus forregulators, Central Banks and financial institutions.

    Having seen progress around Central Bank Digital Currencies, we have been successfully strove to solve what many consider a difficult issue for digital currencies- Cross Chain Atomic Swaps across institutional grade blockchains. This will no doubt have a significant impact to the growth of domestic and global markets with the infrastructure adoption of if this space.

    Our solution Interchange solves Multi-chian or multi-payment rail Delivery vs Payment is another issue that impacts the financial service sector. Now Digital assets are able to flourish in an infrastructure that allows them to do so.

    Watch this space for more exciting updates on Overledger Network in 2020!

    Finally we are excited to continue to implement our solutions with our clients and partners, and to build the foundation for the new financial infrastructure of the future.
    Could have been a slayer.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #7868
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Earned $14 worth of OXT on coinbase earn and turned it into BAT. Somehow OXT is valued at a $600m marketcap and its basically a dVPN with 500 users. Maybe theres just no liquidity at all so the marketcap is overly inflated. This market is absolutely nuts.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  9. #7869
    Registered User PimpMasterC's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Norway
    Age: 25
    Posts: 2,823
    Rep Power: 5089
    PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpMasterC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    PimpMasterC is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    Earned $14 worth of OXT on coinbase earn and turned it into BAT. Somehow OXT is valued at a $600m marketcap and its basically a dVPN with 500 users. Maybe theres just no liquidity at all so the marketcap is overly inflated. This market is absolutely nuts.
    Yeah, It´s gonna dump hard hopefully. Borderline vc scam in my eyes because of all the pre sale guys who bought for a small fraction of current price. This is a clowns market. Sentinel is a better DVPN than orchid and SENT has a mcap of less than $2 million.

    I don´t support any vc scams like orchid, algorand etc. It goes against everything crypto was supposed to be. You have to be an accredited investor to invest early. GTFO
    Reply With Quote

  10. #7870
    Registered User iifymbro's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 15,784
    Rep Power: 93753
    iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    iifymbro is offline
    Originally Posted by PimpMasterC View Post
    Yeah, It´s gonna dump hard hopefully. Borderline vc scam in my eyes because of all the pre sale guys who bought for a small fraction of current price. This is a clowns market. Sentinel is a better DVPN than orchid and SENT has a mcap of less than $2 million.

    I don´t support any vc scams like orchid, algorand etc. It goes against everything crypto was supposed to be. You have to be an accredited investor to invest early. GTFO
    yeah crypto as a whole is a unregulated scam market, with only a few exceptions

    People should just assume a coin is a scam and go from there
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**
    Reply With Quote

  11. #7871
    Banned digital022's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: United States
    Posts: 1,923
    Rep Power: 0
    digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000) digital022 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    digital022 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    If it's 2017 type gains you want, don't you think a reset below 4k would increase those chances?

    The people that are in **** positions that stubbornly refused to adjust any of them are the ones that claim BTC is done. This in a year where it went from 4k to 6.8k at the moment.

    Only in crypto land do people think that holding means getting large gains in a year.

    It's been interesting seeing my friends that were very much into keeping up with cryptocurrency news just fade away. They've given up on their positions so don't care to follow any news in the field. And that's a good thing. Shake out the strictly in it for the gains crew.

    Hopefully we start to seeing some solid real world use projects come to fruition soon.
    In the end it'll still remain a playground for fraudsters to pump and dump. Bitcoin is the original chitcoin. The parabolic run up to $20K and subsequent crash happened so quickly and on such a large scale that so many people got fukked over, myself included. As a result, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have a negative connotation, and rightfully so. Point being, I've never heard anything good in regards to the sentiment towards bitcoin in public settings (the few rare times it has happened) and that's without me chiming in with my experience. Not to mention that there's still no real use for it, use and storage feasibility, and hacking potential. Digital gold lol. Greed/fraud could very well be potentially killing bitcoin.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #7872
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Originally Posted by digital022 View Post
    In the end it'll still remain a playground for fraudsters to pump and dump. Bitcoin is the original chitcoin. The parabolic run up to $20K and subsequent crash happened so quickly and on such a large scale that so many people got fukked over, myself included. As a result, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have a negative connotation, and rightfully so. Point being, I've never heard anything good in regards to the sentiment towards bitcoin in public settings (the few rare times it has happened) and that's without me chiming in with my experience. Not to mention that there's still no real use for it, use and storage feasibility, and hacking potential. Digital gold lol. Greed/fraud could very well be potentially killing bitcoin.
    Lots here that triggered me but I'll respond by just saying that 1) public sentiment is both misinformed as well wrong in many instances 2) public sentiment is fickle and easily changed.

    **** coin or not, find me any other asset that would give you the type of returns BTC has in the past 5 years.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #7873
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by digital022 View Post
    In the end it'll still remain a playground for fraudsters to pump and dump. Bitcoin is the original chitcoin. The parabolic run up to $20K and subsequent crash happened so quickly and on such a large scale that so many people got fukked over, myself included. As a result, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have a negative connotation, and rightfully so. Point being, I've never heard anything good in regards to the sentiment towards bitcoin in public settings (the few rare times it has happened) and that's without me chiming in with my experience. Not to mention that there's still no real use for it, use and storage feasibility, and hacking potential. Digital gold lol. Greed/fraud could very well be potentially killing bitcoin.
    Bitcoin shifted away from p2p digital cash, and the new narrative is "store of value" or "digital gold"

    I don't think the new narrative resonates well with anyone outside of crypto, and I don't know why it would. It hasn't stored its value, and most people don't deal in gold either.

    As far as blockchain goes, most industries are looking at public,private, and permissioned networks, and bitcoin only operates in the public network.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  14. #7874
    🅳🅰🆂 🅸🆃 Luc1fer's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Posts: 25,173
    Rep Power: 347266
    Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Luc1fer is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    Bitcoin shifted away from p2p digital cash, and the new narrative is "store of value" or "digital gold"

    I don't think the new narrative resonates well with anyone outside of crypto, and I don't know why it would. It hasn't stored its value, and most people don't deal in gold either.

    As far as blockchain goes, most industries are looking at public,private, and permissioned networks, and bitcoin only operates in the public network.
    I think you're applying too much logic. If people continue to assign value to Bitcoin, it'll continue to have value, period. People aren't particular rational about value assignation.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍
    Reply With Quote

  15. #7875
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    I think you're applying too much logic. If people continue to assign value to Bitcoin, it'll continue to have value, period. People aren't particular rational about value assignation.
    and thats the whole point. The only people assigning value to bitcoin is bitcoiners. Nobody else cares about it anymore. Bitcoin is just a group of people putting in weekly and monthly buys. Not sure where all this money is supposed to come from during the halving
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  16. #7876
    Registered User Serenadium's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Age: 30
    Posts: 2,082
    Rep Power: 9147
    Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000) Serenadium is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Serenadium is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    Bitcoin shifted away from p2p digital cash, and the new narrative is "store of value" or "digital gold"

    I don't think the new narrative resonates well with anyone outside of crypto, and I don't know why it would. It hasn't stored its value, and most people don't deal in gold either.

    As far as blockchain goes, most industries are looking at public,private, and permissioned networks, and bitcoin only operates in the public network.
    Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    I think you're applying too much logic. If people continue to assign value to Bitcoin, it'll continue to have value, period. People aren't particular rational about value assignation.
    Bitcoin being a store of value isnt a new narrative. While originally created with the intention of being a commercial p2p digital cash system, this was an ivory tower endeavour that is only now becoming realistic with the development in the lightning network. Anyone that says otherwise would have rocks in their head given the 1mb blocks and 10 minute block times on the base chain that has been the case since the beginning.

    Bitcoin has retained or significantly increased it's purchasing power since ithe genesis block, this is the epitome of a store-of-value. It also has characteristics that make it the store-of-value of choice:

    1. Durable - can't be destroyed full stop.
    2. Portable - can be transferred anywhere around the world in an instant
    3. Fungible - it is absolutely fungible contrary to the current 'tainted' narrative. Modern chain analysis heuristics can only go back so far as every single Bitcoin would be tainted. One only needs to trade their bitcoins within their own wallets multiple times if absolutely needed to bypass these heuristics.
    4. Verifiable
    5. Divisible
    6. Scarcity

    As for the argument that other cyptocurrencies can also exhibit these properties, there cannot be a ‘next Bitcoin’ and the paradox of replacing a store-of-value (SoV) applies. Hal Finney put it best when he said "Any successful replacement of BTC will forever undermine the credibility of any successor". We are instead made to forever question the replacement of a SOV, how is an investor to know it won’t happen again?. Any other attempt at digital money ‘fails by succeeding’, it fails the eco-system by replacing Bitcoin and ultimately fails itself.

    Grinners (fellow miscer) also made a well articulated point that if silver supplants gold as a SOV, then he is all out of precious metals because one cannot trust silver will maintain its SOV dominance.

    More reading on why BTC's case for store-of-value can be found here:

    https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/j...oassets+v6.pdf
    https://medium.com/@vijayboyapati/th...in-6ecc8bdecc1

    As for where will the wealth come from?

    -Bitcoin ETFs
    -Retail investors
    -Wealth stored in tax havens / swiss banks ($30 trillion). Imagine having this wealth stored somewhere that is completely unconfiscatable and portable....

    I've put 2000+ hours of objective research in this space, dabbled in all sorts of ****coins and I've ended up back at bitcoin - I've been quite shocked to discover and meet how many people that have made this same journey.

    I challenge you to name one cryptocurrency that is a better store-of-value than Bitcoin or is better for payment.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #7877
    Throbbing Member jamalfudge's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: United States
    Posts: 18,502
    Rep Power: 108418
    jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    jamalfudge is offline
    Bitcoin is the next bitcoin.
    Who the hell's this guy they call Bob Cock?
    Reply With Quote

  18. #7878
    Registered User iifymbro's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 15,784
    Rep Power: 93753
    iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    iifymbro is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    and thats the whole point. The only people assigning value to bitcoin is bitcoiners. Nobody else cares about it anymore. Bitcoin is just a group of people putting in weekly and monthly buys. Not sure where all this money is supposed to come from during the halving
    halving means less background supply pressure on the market (smoothed out over a long period of time, shorter term supply pressure can obviously move around like with this plustoken dumping for example), if demand stays the same while supply lessens....you do the math.

    And ultimately people are interested in making money. That's what drives demand in the corn. It gets in a healthy uptrend and money will start flowing in to ride it, no more reason is needed.
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**
    Reply With Quote

  19. #7879
    Lettuce be reality Bluestar92's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: United States
    Age: 27
    Posts: 4,621
    Rep Power: 12507
    Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bluestar92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bluestar92 is online now
    Originally Posted by Serenadium View Post
    Bitcoin being a store of value isnt a new narrative. While originally created with the intention of being a commercial p2p digital cash system, this was an ivory tower endeavour that is only now becoming realistic with the development in the lightning network. Anyone that says otherwise would have rocks in their head given the 1mb blocks and 10 minute block times on the base chain that has been the case since the beginning.

    Bitcoin has retained or significantly increased it's purchasing power since ithe genesis block, this is the epitome of a store-of-value. It also has characteristics that make it the store-of-value of choice:

    1. Durable - can't be destroyed full stop.
    2. Portable - can be transferred anywhere around the world in an instant
    3. Fungible - it is absolutely fungible contrary to the current 'tainted' narrative. Modern chain analysis heuristics can only go back so far as every single Bitcoin would be tainted. One only needs to trade their bitcoins within their own wallets multiple times if absolutely needed to bypass these heuristics.
    4. Verifiable
    5. Divisible
    6. Scarcity

    As for the argument that other cyptocurrencies can also exhibit these properties, there cannot be a ‘next Bitcoin’ and the paradox of replacing a store-of-value (SoV) applies. Hal Finney put it best when he said "Any successful replacement of BTC will forever undermine the credibility of any successor". We are instead made to forever question the replacement of a SOV, how is an investor to know it won’t happen again?. Any other attempt at digital money ‘fails by succeeding’, it fails the eco-system by replacing Bitcoin and ultimately fails itself.

    Grinners (fellow miscer) also made a well articulated point that if silver supplants gold as a SOV, then he is all out of precious metals because one cannot trust silver will maintain its SOV dominance.

    More reading on why BTC's case for store-of-value can be found here:

    https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/j...oassets+v6.pdf
    https://medium.com/@vijayboyapati/th...in-6ecc8bdecc1

    As for where will the wealth come from?

    -Bitcoin ETFs
    -Retail investors
    -Wealth stored in tax havens / swiss banks ($30 trillion). Imagine having this wealth stored somewhere that is completely unconfiscatable and portable....

    I've put 2000+ hours of objective research in this space, dabbled in all sorts of ****coins and I've ended up back at bitcoin - I've been quite shocked to discover and meet how many people that have made this same journey.

    I challenge you to name one cryptocurrency that is a better store-of-value than Bitcoin or is better for payment.
    Everything this guy said

    And those characteristics line up very well with the stock flow model.

    https://digitalik.net/btc/
    Reply With Quote

  20. #7880
    I ain't no bitch lowstrife's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Posts: 8,479
    Rep Power: 22583
    lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lowstrife is offline
    Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
    halving means less background supply pressure on the market (smoothed out over a long period of time, shorter term supply pressure can obviously move around like with this plustoken dumping for example), if demand stays the same while supply lessens....you do the math.

    And ultimately people are interested in making money. That's what drives demand in the corn. It gets in a healthy uptrend and money will start flowing in to ride it, no more reason is needed.
    Supply stays the same, inflation is halved.

    Demand isn't predictable, nor is it consistent. But broadly speaking you have the general ethos of what happens in a halving.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #7881
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by serenadium View Post
    bitcoin being a store of value isnt a new narrative. While originally created with the intention of being a commercial p2p digital cash system, this was an ivory tower endeavour that is only now becoming realistic with the development in the lightning network. Anyone that says otherwise would have rocks in their head given the 1mb blocks and 10 minute block times on the base chain that has been the case since the beginning.

    Bitcoin has retained or significantly increased it's purchasing power since ithe genesis block, this is the epitome of a store-of-value. It also has characteristics that make it the store-of-value of choice:

    1. Durable - can't be destroyed full stop.
    2. Portable - can be transferred anywhere around the world in an instant
    3. Fungible - it is absolutely fungible contrary to the current 'tainted' narrative. Modern chain analysis heuristics can only go back so far as every single bitcoin would be tainted. One only needs to trade their bitcoins within their own wallets multiple times if absolutely needed to bypass these heuristics.
    4. Verifiable
    5. Divisible
    6. Scarcity

    as for the argument that other cyptocurrencies can also exhibit these properties, there cannot be a ‘next bitcoin’ and the paradox of replacing a store-of-value (sov) applies. Hal finney put it best when he said "any successful replacement of btc will forever undermine the credibility of any successor". We are instead made to forever question the replacement of a sov, how is an investor to know it won’t happen again?. Any other attempt at digital money ‘fails by succeeding’, it fails the eco-system by replacing bitcoin and ultimately fails itself.

    Grinners (fellow miscer) also made a well articulated point that if silver supplants gold as a sov, then he is all out of precious metals because one cannot trust silver will maintain its sov dominance.

    More reading on why btc's case for store-of-value can be found here:

    https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/j...oassets+v6.pdf
    https://medium.com/@vijayboyapati/th...in-6ecc8bdecc1

    as for where will the wealth come from?

    -bitcoin etfs
    -retail investors
    -wealth stored in tax havens / swiss banks ($30 trillion). Imagine having this wealth stored somewhere that is completely unconfiscatable and portable....

    I've put 2000+ hours of objective research in this space, dabbled in all sorts of ****coins and i've ended up back at bitcoin - i've been quite shocked to discover and meet how many people that have made this same journey.

    i challenge you to name one cryptocurrency that is a better store-of-value than bitcoin or is better for payment.
    usdc, dai
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  22. #7882
    Registered User iifymbro's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 15,784
    Rep Power: 93753
    iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    iifymbro is offline
    Originally Posted by lowstrife View Post
    Supply stays the same, inflation is halved.

    Demand isn't predictable, nor is it consistent. But broadly speaking you have the general ethos of what happens in a halving.
    I say supply lowers in general because miners should be selling less of the corn, but I'll admit my understand on the halving is pretty basic
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**
    Reply With Quote

  23. #7883
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
    I say supply lowers in general because miners should be selling less of the corn, but I'll admit my understand on the halving is pretty basic
    Theres max supply and circulating supply. The inflation rate keeps halving until all coins have been mined. The supply technically always increases per block equal to the current rate of inflation.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  24. #7884
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Was surprised to see the price spike up going into the weekend. That rarely happens.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #7885
    Registered User BDSMBBW's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2015
    Posts: 1,309
    Rep Power: 5164
    BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BDSMBBW is offline
    majority of alts have had a massive decline for the last few days.

    CVC, BAT , ADA all have fallen considerably.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #7886
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Predictions for 2020?

    You wouldn't think it from the sentiment surrounding crypto right now but BTC had a great year. Started off below 4k to hovering around 7.4k atm.

    I think we see BTC sitting at 10k by this time next year. We had one crazy pump this year...hitting 12k. A similar random pump will probably happen again. LOL @ not taking such opportunities to improve your **** positions.

    I would like to see Ethereum do something, anything, project wise, not price wise. There was a lot of hype when Enterprise Ethereum Alliance came into existence but we haven't seen much in the way of tangible results. We need to see blockchain technology disrupt some industries. Without that, I don't see alts doing anything in 2020 besides continuing the trend of losing value.

    I recently skimmed through an article about blockchain domains which seemed promising. If it delivers on simplifying transferring crytpocurrencies it could be a game changer.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #7887
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    Predictions for 2020?

    You wouldn't think it from the sentiment surrounding crypto right now but BTC had a great year. Started off below 4k to hovering around 7.4k atm.

    I think we see BTC sitting at 10k by this time next year. We had one crazy pump this year...hitting 12k. A similar random pump will probably happen again. LOL @ not taking such opportunities to improve your **** positions.

    I would like to see Ethereum do something, anything, project wise, not price wise. There was a lot of hype when Enterprise Ethereum Alliance came into existence but we haven't seen much in the way of tangible results. We need to see blockchain technology disrupt some industries. Without that, I don't see alts doing anything in 2020 besides continuing the trend of losing value.

    I recently skimmed through an article about blockchain domains which seemed promising. If it delivers on simplifying transferring crytpocurrencies it could be a game changer.
    Has your head been in the sand? Theres nearly a billion dollars locked in defi.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  28. #7888
    Registered User Mogambo's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 7,563
    Rep Power: 13127
    Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mogambo is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    Has your head been in the sand? Theres nearly a billion dollars locked in defi.
    Had heard of it in passing. None of the crypto podcasts I listen to have delved into it so I'm not that well informed on defi. Did a quick search of it. Would defi cover microlending or is it just large scale financing? A couple years ago microlending seemed to be the area attracting crypto projects.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #7889
    Incel Parkerscott's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 7,897
    Rep Power: 32437
    Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parkerscott is offline
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    Had heard of it in passing. None of the crypto podcasts I listen to have delved into it so I'm not that well informed on defi. Did a quick search of it. Would defi cover microlending or is it just large scale financing? A couple years ago microlending seemed to be the area attracting crypto projects.
    You can collateralize your assets for a loan, and then lend your loan. Im currently earning 2% APY on a BAT loan that I took out by collateralizing BAT. It used to just sit in my account before.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

    brave browser crew
    Reply With Quote

  30. #7890
    Registered User Gringo12's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Perth, WA, Australia
    Age: 26
    Posts: 10,910
    Rep Power: 33806
    Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gringo12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    You can collateralize your assets for a loan, and then lend your loan. Im currently earning 2% APY on a BAT loan that I took out by collateralizing BAT. It used to just sit in my account before.
    pm'd
    #free6ix9ine
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts