JustinTrueDoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whey Protein + Acne - Question re: Hormones

Hi,

I've noticed recently that Whey is causing me to breakout. I've seen a lot of bro science on here saying that theres no way this could happen, acne is only caused by hormones etc... When I was in university I did a study on Bovine Growth Hormone and researched all of the hormonal imbalances it causes in cows. My question is, would these hormones make their way into north american dairy, resulting in acne due to Hormones, and not SPECIFICALLY the dairy?

PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PermaBulk610 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes!!! Well for me at least i am 99.9% convinced that whey was the source of cystic acne for me.
    I had acne for most of my life. It was almost always in a pattern. I would have a few big cystic breakouts, then my face would be clear for a few months, then a few big breakouts, then clear. Rinse and repeat.

I have always been a big milk drinker. Probably 3 to 4 gallons a week. I noticed that when i started lifting and taking whey, the amount of time where my skin was clear became shorter and shorter. Around summer of 2015 i barely had any time with clear skin. Agonized over it for a while. Late 2016 it was unbearable. I consistently had 2 to 3 massive red bumps along my jawline. As soon as one would clear , a new one would form.

So middle of 2017 i went on accutane. It worked beautifully. Never even had a fear of a breakout while on it. Then after my cycle, 2 or 3 months later i started breaking out again. I didnt want to do accutane again, so this is what i did.

Went to derm and he suggested a clindamycin gel.
    Bought a 10% benzoyl cleaner . Panoxyl
    Completely cut out all dairy and whey, all artifical sweetners, and caffeine.

Within a week my skin was flawless again like when i was on the accutane.

This was probably around february of 2018. Since the i have reintroduced caffeine and artificial sugars (sucralose mainly in 5 hour energy ) and i am maintaining the panoxyl and clindamycin regiment.

The only thing i havent reintroduced is dairy and whey protein. My face has been great even after reintroducing caffeine and sugars.

I am convinced that dairy and whey were always the culprits. I will not reintroduce it into my diet.

Give it a shot. No milk, no cheese, no whey protein. It has worked for me. Cant hurt to try honestly. Its life changing having clear skin. Hopefully it stays this way the rest of my life.

JustinTrueDoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much!