somefella31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somefella31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somefella31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somefella31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somefella31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I get into olympic lifting

5'7, 15 years old, 53kg, 9 months of lifting

I;ve kind of been interested in olympic lifting for a while now, but the following factors have held me back. 1, i dont have an aloympic bar, i only have a standard bar with metal plates, and it doesnt have knurling on the outsides so when i do a snatch my hands slip very easy, 2, i dont have bumper plates 3, i dont have a coach. I also dont have oly shoes. Despite these issues, should i still try to start olympic weightlifting. Also, if i was to start, where do i find programs.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay, I'll go through a few things. First, get a coach. I don't know where you live, but look online and/or with your local weightlifting federation. This will help you more than anything, especially asking strangers on the internet. Secondly, if you find a coach or facility, you won't have to worry about bars or bumpers, but you'll still want to look at getting shoes. Again, depending on where you're located, you can generally find weightlifting shoes for around $100-200 US.

Ultimately, it's up to you whether to start Olympic Weightlifting or not. Many people deal with lesser situations than you and still make it work, you just have to figure it out. However, look into getting a coach to start. If you're in the US, you can look here: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-weightli...wc/find-a-club
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You dont necessarily have to do the purest forms of the snatch and jerk either, especially if you dont have a coach/bumpers/platform

For example instead of working on the lifts directly you could start a 3 day a week plan such as:

Daily work outs with the exercises in this order unless noted keep your sets around 5-6

Day 1
    behind the neck snatch grip presses 1-3 reps
    Snatch style dead lifts, 1-3 reps or Snatch pulls 1-3 reps
    Front squats 5x5 reps
    Accessories 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps : dumbbell front raises-and laterals, dips, triceps work.....

Day 2
    Push presses 1-3 reps or Push Jerks 1-3 reps
    Overhead Squats 5x5
    Accessories 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps : chins, dips, bicep work..
    Conditioning

Day 3
    Clean..rack drill 1-3 reps
    Hang-Power Cleans (+push press if you like) 1-3 reps
    Clean pulls or clean style dead lifts 1-3 reps
    Back Squats 5x5
    Accessories 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps : pull ups, , close grip bench press....

This would get you started and make you strong in a lot of different positions. Look for videos from guys like Aleksey Torokhtiy and Catalyst athletics. Start with an empty bar...video your exercises and compare them to what you see in the instructional vids. Above all be patient you are only 15. Once you find a coach you will be a step ahead.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out