Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post

As I mentioned earlier, during my trip I did meet with a trainer. She thought I was making decent progress for a 62-year-old novice, but suggested that I add rows to improve my back (rather than my usual focus on pulldowns) and floor presses to improve the bottom phase of my bench press, so I’ve been doing 200-rep workouts for those.

I’m looking forward to hitting my real weights to see if her suggestions have helped yet, but that will have to wait for one more week of quarantine in the den at home. (Hey, not my idea!)

My current total is 2.8 million pounds, but I’ve been humbled by getting a friend invitation from a guy who averages 150k PER WORKOUT.
    Rows are a must for filling out your back. Remember, different grips, different angles on everything you do if you're looking to grow properly. Just as with pulls, rows should be done with narrow, moderate and wide grips. Use underhand, overhand, ropes, everything.

Your set up looks a lot like something Steve did years ago. Great safety.

Keep it up!
    Athi

Unstoppable & Drugfree charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where ya been bro ????
    I am 62 yrs old a Conservative, Trump Loving Anti Abortion Christian Man, I lift heavy ass weight without the use of DRUGS/ TRT or any unnatural assistance, I Own and Support Gun Ownership rights and YOUR RESPONSE OR COMMENT IS UNNEEDED.....

Previous threads
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177852771[/url]

New Current Thread
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

chasing a 3 plate over62 yr old bench. Current Max 282.5

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Where ya been bro ????
    Hi Charlie,

Thanks for checking on me.

The not-so-good news... Since the last time I posted, more than a month was eaten up by family medical issues. My wife was in the emergency room four times, admitted as a hospital inpatient twice, and is now recovering at home. (Not Covid, thank goodness!) After that, I set up two apartments for relatives, which in its own way, provided some workouts. (18,000 steps one day, plus doing fourteen one-step-at-a-time deadlifts to wrestle a 200-pound home gym up a flight of stairs to one of those apartments ) Due to all the out-of-state travel, the rest of the time I have been quarantining in a spare bedroom with no room for weights.

The good news... In another couple of weeks, I should be able to work out more regularly than before all the recent mess.

Best wishes all!
    At age 62, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still pounding! Awesome to see you grinding despite the trials/tribulations. Much respect to you.
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000) charlievanriper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Still pounding! Awesome to see you grinding despite the trials/tribulations. Much respect to you.
    Well said John
    I am 62 yrs old a Conservative, Trump Loving Anti Abortion Christian Man, I lift heavy ass weight without the use of DRUGS/ TRT or any unnatural assistance, I Own and Support Gun Ownership rights and YOUR RESPONSE OR COMMENT IS UNNEEDED.....

Previous threads

New Current Thread

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi John and Charlie, thanks for checking in on me!

Lots of positive workout news.

Last week was great: first deadlifts in three months, first squats in even longer, first week of 100k pounds in a long time. Lifted four days, cardio three days.

Started this week today with a great bench day. Finally passed 3M pounds lifted in my BodySpace total. Scale says I’ve lost ten pounds in the past 2 months. Feels good for the first time in months.
    At age 62, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by homegymchains View Post
    hi john and charlie, thanks for checking in on me!

Lots of positive workout news.

Last week was great: First deadlifts in three months, first squats in even longer, first week of 100k pounds in a long time. Lifted four days, cardio three days.

Started this week today with a great bench day. Finally passed 3m pounds lifted in my bodyspace total. Scale says i’ve lost ten pounds in the past 2 months. Feels good for the first time in months.
    outstanding my friend

Previous threads

New Current Thread