Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User BarryMcOckinner's Avatar
    BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ajbayshore View Post
    I must say that you were not so bad when you started working out. You are 6 feet tall and you were 365lbs. For your height it was not terrible. It was bad but not really bad. You are going to start looking great even if get down to 300lb. Then the next 50, you will be a well built guy. I am only 5' 8" and I weigh over 225. I did some weight lifting for about 5 months and stopped 3 months ago due to my health issues but my body is still in decent shape. So, I'm glad you decided to work out and you are hitting the gym regularly.

Are you taking diet supplements or anything to help cut down your appetite? I saw a video a couple of weeks ago where a couple lost a lot of weight by just controlling their appetite. Can't find it now otherwise I would share it.

Well keep up the effort. You are almost there...
    I am doing intermittent fasting, where I fast during the morning, and eat in about an 8 hour window. It works for me. I drink a gallon and a half of water a day.

I take amino acids and green tea extract in the morning on an empty stomach, and drink some apple cider vinegar.

After eating dinner, I take my supplements. Which consist of multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin d3, dhea, zinc, boron, and magnesium

Appreciate the kind words.

(;`ー´)o/ ̄ ̄ ̄~>°)))彡 Mulloway69's Avatar
    Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mulloway69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep up the good work bro
    01110011 01101000 01101111 01110010 01110100 01110101 01110010 01101100 00101110 01100001 01110100 00101111 01100110 01101111 01000101 01010011 00111000

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice thread. Reps for username!
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

gudielbss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They achieved good results. I also went through that problem and well, now I'm helping others. If you need any advice, do not hesitate to ask.

BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BarryMcOckinner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’m still here. Sorry for going MIA. I’ve been working hard, real hard. Big update coming soon.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep up the hard work. What’s your current weight?

Entire NYPD should go on Smegmalion's Avatar
    Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inspiring man keep hitting it
    Entire NYPD should go on strike. You'll see then how quickly the mayor changes his tone.

"Dig with your hands, not with your mouths"

Entire NYPD should go on strike. You'll see then how quickly the mayor changes his tone.

Progress Update

So much has happened, I don't even know where to start.

My current weight is 339.8. I am happy with my progress so far, and i'm out of the 340 club. The 320 club is next.

So in December I was cutting at 2600-2800 calories, and stopped lifting heavy and started doing light volume work and occasional cardio. I did not lose any weight for 3 weeks doing this. Looking back, I might've been on a plateau, and I was stuck at 347 for a very, very long time. Starting January, I started doing keto. With keto I cut passed the plateau but I was only on it for 2 weeks before I decided it was not for me. I can't function on low carbs, and the intensity of my workouts, both weightlifting and cardio, sucked. I did not want to feel it out, or continue it to see things where it went. It's not for me. In mid January, I reevaluated what I was doing, both diet and workout. The only time I felt like I was ever pushing myself to the limit, was when I was lifting heavy, followed by accessories at a high volume. So that's what i'm doing now. I'm doing 2 days weight lifting, follow by 1 day of HIIT, 1 minute slow, 1 minute medium, and 1 minute high of cardio; for about 20-25 minutes. My diet is at 2200-2300 calories, with 200-225g protein, and 100-150g carbs. I've completely cut out all sugar consumption, and am drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day.

My current lifts are 275x5 deadlift, 165x5 squat (puzzy sht i know), 145x5 overhead press, and 245x5 bench press. My accessory workouts consist of hitting using other compound lifts, dumbbells, machines, cables, and free weights to hit muscles in different angles at about 10-15 reps. My workouts are about 45 minutes to 85 minutes long.

My mental health has been a roller coaster. My depression and anxiety is almost completely gone. I figured out that if I give my body what it needs, adequate nutrition, plenty of water, rest/sleep, and exercise; i'm a much more content, balanced person. Recently my depression has been traded in for anger. I don't know what it is, or why so, but I am fueled by this dark anger. I'm a pretty chill guy during work, and school. But when i'm alone, and at the gym, this deep pitted anger just takes over me. The anger is mostly at myself for wasting so much time in my life (being a forever alone, and other frustrations etc), but these workouts are the best I've ever had. I'm even tapping out my gym partner most days. I'm just going to ride it out and see what happens.

Sorry for bailing on you guys, but I spent the last month of a half trying out new things and seeing what works out for me and what doesn't. I know what I have to do going forward, and am going to work harder to get that scale to 329, and hit new PRs at the gym. I'm going to focus on a lot of core work, and lower body strength this coming month. I'm at the point where I don't crave junk food anymore, because i'm eating for purpose now, not for pleasure. I'm more confident with my diet now, because I know what works for me, and am learning to cut weight. Not even half a year ago, I was in such a bad place, and I will never forget those days. They really motivate me to do better. If anyone is lurking and thinking about trying it out, please give it a shot. It can change your life if you put in the work. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep up the good work sir!
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm happy to see that your mind is getting better! I have some depression and anxiety too, and I can relate when you say that when you give your body what it needs, it automatically improves your mind. It's a great feeling.

Let's do it, bro.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Current fat loss log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176694811

Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey Velvetmonkey
    Originally Posted by BarryMcOckinner View Post
    Hello to anyone readying, and welcome.

I am a 31 year male, 6'0. I've been a fat boy all my life. I was berated by my family for being overweight, and teased in school growing up, and used food to cope with the stress. Binge eating has always been my escape up until my mid 20s, was when I traded my old habit for a new one, binge drinking. I started binge drinking a couple times a week and kept this up for a few years. Looking back, I was too afraid to face my demons. How I wish I can go back and change my ways.. but what's done is done. I can only move forward and past this now. I recently was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and it was a major wake up call to my health. I've been neglecting so many aspects of my life, and I can't afford to fall into my old ways anymore. I will keep this journal in a way to transform my life into a more positive light, with proper exercise, nutrition, and of course taking care of my mental health. I am seeing a therapist for the first time next week, and will begin to workout some of my issues (I am dreading this part the most). I will be lifting weights every week, doing some cardio everyday and keeping track of what I eat. I understand that some days I will fail, and some days I will kick ass, but I can only try and hope that every single day I come out on top. I am literally at the point in life where I have nothing to lose. Nothing anyone says, or does to me, or what they think, or how they treat me, can never top how defeated I feel when I lay my head to rest at night. It's all in or bust at this point. I am a forever alone type so coming out of my shell is challenging, but I have to do this for me. I will record my workouts here, and check in with any updates. If you've read this far, I truly appreciate it.
    good luck, the first step is to find the motivation to change and improve, it's part of the process. Best of luck in your transformation.

I am back and ready to try again.

Hello all, I am back. A lot has happened, but let's get straight to the point. I gained the weight back and weigh 385 lbs. I am ready to try this again and work hard to achieve my goal. Let me fill you in on what I've been up to.

2019 was a great year, I weighed in at 295 lbs at my lowest, and I was confident in myself and crushing it at the gym and eating right. With this new shed of confidence, I decided to start a business and started investing my time towards the business, and my other job (I was running my business and working a full time job as well). Due to my busy schedule, I stopped lifting, and devoted my time towards just working. Big mistake. Looking back, I realize that lifting weight and fitness was a big coping mechanism for my mental health, and back then, I didn't realize how important it was for me. Business got good, and then better, and work was work. I slipped up and started drinking, partially to celebrate, and to cope with the stress. Big mistake again. I started drinking more and more, and fell into the spiral of addiction by 2021. The next couple years, I don't even remember much tbh, it was all a haze. I just drank, and worked, and got lost in my form of escapism. I was very stressed, and the bottle was an easy fix to it. My addiction grew worse and worse, and in 2023, I was drinking so heavily that I started having medical problems, but I just couldn't stop. September 2023, two days before my birthday, I received tragic news that my cousin had passed away due to alcohol. He was a year older than me. I was heart broken, but also realized that I was down the same road. I vowed to never drink alcohol again, and on my birthday I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 425 lbs. Fast forward to today, after many months of the lowest times I've had in my life, withdrawals, the worst depressive episodes, I weigh in at 385 lbs and have over 6 months of sobriety. My business is situated, and I ditched my other job, and I have a lot more time to invest on myself. I am ready to put in the hard work (once again) and get back on track, and finally end these dark times, and hopefully find happiness one day, or try at least. I am so sick and tired of everything, and feel so defeated, but I have to try once again because I know I don't have a choice. I HAVE to do this for myself. I have nothing else in my life.

I went to the gym yesterday, and smashed chest. I could only do 30 minutes of lifting, but I did the best I could. 16 sets all together, and benched 185 lbs for 2 sets and 8 reps.

Today I walked 10 minutes, before my fat legs gave out, and recorded half a mile in distance. I was actually going to go to the gym today but something came up. So night cardio it is.

Let's get back on track and get this show on the road, and do this once and for all. My short term goal is to get to 300 lbs so I can wear nice clothes, because right now I wear clothes that look terrible because I feel terrible about myself frankly. My long term goal is just feeling good about myself tbh and when I look in the mirror

Just has the most amazing workout

Wow. I just had the most mind blowing workout. I absolutely destroyed shoulders and it felt so good. Probably not going to feel the same tomorrow, but I needed that. Lifting is so good for my mental health, I can’t say that enough. All that anger channeled into form, and weights. Such a great combo for me, it kicks depressing thoughts right away.

I weighed myself today, and was at 384.4. A little progress but i’m not too worried about the weight just yet. My plan is to be consistent in going to the gym, and getting a flow on working out again and just eating whatever tbh. I will clean up the diet after I have a good habit of working out consistently and getting my mind right.

I did 28 sets today total and it took me 40 minutes with minimum rest. 4 were overhead presses for 115 pounds for 8 reps, and 4 shoulder press machine (hammer strength) 8+ to failure. I did a superset on lateral raises, with machine and free weights. And the rest were accessories. I was going to tap out at 16 sets, but no bitch ****. That felt amazing tbh, I loved that and missed it so much. Time for fatboy to get back at it! Thanks for reading if anyone is.

I woke up today bloated, tired and whooped. Felt very sluggish, but it shook off and I got so much done today. Didn’t eat much today, just 100g of protein. I fasted all day, not by choice, was just busy. Had a good dinner and felt so tired and exhausted and was contemplating just going home and to bed. Forced myself to go to them gym and had another monstrous workout. The intensity was amazing, and I was in the zone! 20 sets today of arms. I tapped put at 16 but forced 4 more sets. 8 of those sets were dropsets. Feeling very good right now and getting ready for bed. Back at it tomorrow. Updated pics and weigh in coming soon! I’m more focused on getting consistent with going to the gym, and working out to get level headed. Thanks for reading if you are.