tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is 18 too young to go on a cut

I’ve been lifting for 1.5 years and have already made a huge transformation and I want to take it a lot further. I’m 6’2 192 and around 15-17% bf. I have a pretty decent amount of definition and I n really good lighting I can look ripped. However I would like to be a lot leaner and look less soft. I’m not sure if it’s a bad idea to go on a cut this young because it might sacrifice size gains. I want to be a lot bigger so I can’t decide if it’s worth it to cut down or not.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to be "a lot bigger" you're better off with a recomp phase or just keep the gains as slow (lean) as possible.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    If you want to be "a lot bigger" you're better off with a recomp phase or just keep the gains as slow (lean) as possible.
    Please explain how someone lifting for 1.5 years with those stats is supposed to recomp. I'll wait.
    I get bigger when I cut.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep in mind that, assuming you're natural, cutting isn't all that worth it. I've done it for wrestling, and that's it. If you just mean, like, lose a few pounds because you feel a little bloated, then sure. There's no harm (other than maybe a slight strength decrease) going to come of that. But don't just cut super hard for the sake of looking shredded, cause you'll lose a lot of your size and kinda just feel ****ty overall.

Honestly, probably just keep on a lean bulk.
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

slow bulk my friend, more muscle gain, less fat

Originally Posted by tAlbatross View Post
    I’ve been lifting for 1.5 years and have already made a huge transformation and I want to take it a lot further. I’m 6’2 192 and around 15-17% bf. I have a pretty decent amount of definition and I n really good lighting I can look ripped. However I would like to be a lot leaner and look less soft. I’m not sure if it’s a bad idea to go on a cut this young because it might sacrifice size gains. I want to be a lot bigger so I can’t decide if it’s worth it to cut down or not.
    If bigger is the goal try to just go on a small slow calorie surplus of 100-300 calories added to what you currently eat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sjallday View Post
    Please explain how someone lifting for 1.5 years with those stats is supposed to recomp. I'll wait.
    I'm confused as to why you don't believe he can recomp. Likely you don't understand the mechanisms at work, or what recomp actually means. You say "1.5" years like it means something.
    Psych & handcuffs

Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm confused as to why you don't believe he can recomp. Likely you don't understand the mechanisms at work, or what recomp actually means. You say "1.5" years like it means something.
    You say mechanisms at work like this is rocket science. He clearly has a base of lean mass built given his stats. He's not just going to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously at this point.
    I get bigger when I cut.

You say mechanisms at work like this is rocket science. He clearly has a base of lean mass built given his stats. He's not just going to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously at this point.
    LOL ok. You apparently know more than I.
    Psych & handcuffs

tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAlbatross has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah I’ve already built a pretty good physique for a natural, I just want to take it a lot further but there’s no way I could recomp now

LOL ok. You apparently know more than I.
    You look like soggy biscuits 8 weeks out and in basically all your photos. If you know so much, maybe take your own advice. I don't find it a smart move to attempt any type of recomp after 6 months of lifting. All he has to do is cut down a bit and get back into a surplus.
    I get bigger when I cut.

Yeah I’ve already built a pretty good physique for a natural, I just want to take it a lot further but there’s no way I could recomp now
    Cut down to like 12-13% and continue building from there. Building lean tissue becomes more difficult upwards of 15% bodyfat. Please be on top of your diet and best of luck.
    I get bigger when I cut.

Cut down to like 12-13% and continue building from there. Building lean tissue becomes more difficult upwards of 15% bodyfat. Please be on top of your diet and best of luck.
    Alright that’s what I was thinking

I’ve been making a lot of strength gains recently tho and it’s winter so I’m hesitant to cut when I could wait a few more months to add some size first. Also my original goal was 200lbs but maybe it’s still best to be lean first

I’ve been making a lot of strength gains recently tho and it’s winter so I’m hesitant to cut when I could wait a few more months to add some size first. Also my original goal was 200lbs but maybe it’s still best to be lean first
    As a bodybuilder I look at the mirror not the scale. If you want to hit a target physique, forget about the numbers man. They'll mess with your head.
    I get bigger when I cut.

You look like soggy biscuits 8 weeks out and in basically all your photos. If you know so much, maybe take your own advice. I don't find it a smart move to attempt any type of recomp after 6 months of lifting. All he has to do is cut down a bit and get back into a surplus.
    Bahahahaha ok. Personal insults, how cute.
    Psych & handcuffs

Of course you could. But do you. Doesn’t seem smart to ask for advice, then think you know more than experienced professionals.
    Psych & handcuffs

Of course you could. But do you. Doesn’t seem smart to ask for advice, then think you know more than experienced professionals.
    You're not a professional so stop gassing yourself up. Cute negs btw. You still look like soggy biscuits and I guess I finally got you mad lol.
    I get bigger when I cut.