Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Craigslist, Letgo and Offerup are a homegym's best friends. This year, after 10 years of used equipment, I received a gift large enough that I could invest in some brand new equipment. Most of my equipment is used or hand me downs. Don't be afraid to ask friend and local gym owners if they have any old equipment they want to get rid of. Between the Church gym and my home gym, I have spend less than $1000 over a 10 year period.
    Aware.
    The issue is space, more than anything.
    Our garage would be one option, but that is already filled to capacity with our bikes, tools, summer/winter clothes, etc.

Big family over here ...

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Usually I round to the nearest 5 or 0 but you inspired me to stick as close as possible to the percentages. I will be glad I did, in a few weeks.
    Yep! Especially if those percentages start getting really small. I started out with goals of 2.5% a week, but now I’m challenged at 1.5% a week!
    β€œThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Aware.
    The issue is space, more than anything.
    Our garage would be one option, but that is already filled to capacity with our bikes, tools, summer/winter clothes, etc.

Big family over here ...
    Start small. I started in our guest room with a bench and adjustable DB. There is also a lot of space saving gear out there now. Where there is a will, there is a way. Ask KAZ, He lives, eats and sleeps in his home gym.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Yep! Especially if those percentages start getting really small. I started out with goals of 2.5% a week, but now I’m challenged at 1.5% a week!
    I am up for the challenge!
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

πŸ₯‹ A Karate Kid age 64 πŸ”₯ Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Start small. I started in our guest room with a bench and adjustable DB. There is also a lot of space saving gear out there now. Where there is a will, there is a way. Ask KAZ, He lives, eats and sleeps in his home gym.

I am up for the challenge!
    Mine is a Gym Home, not home gym! You are right Zav, if you have a will, there is a way even it's in a bottle, provided it's empty...hic!

Great job, m'friend, love small increments too. I use 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) plates, have 16 of them.
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    πŸ“Œ Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old πŸ₯‹ Karate Kid in Tokyo.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Body weight work this morning, Deadlfts either later today or tomorrow, depends on how my sermon prep is going.

Bird Dogs
    3 x10 x BW
    McGill Crunches
    3 x 10 x BW
    Rolling Planks
    3 x 10 x BW
    Butt Walks
    6 x 10 x BW - 3 forward, 3 back
    Banded Hip Thrusts
    3 x 10 x Band - about 30 lbs of tension

Deadlifts still to come.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Mine is a Gym Home, not home gym! You are right Zav, if you have a will, there is a way even it's in a bottle, provided it's empty...hic!

Great job, m'friend, love small increments too. I use 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) plates, have 16 of them.
    That's an important distinction!
    -Voltaire

Body weight work this morning, Deadlfts either later today or tomorrow, depends on how my sermon prep is going.

Bird Dogs
    3 x10 x BW
    McGill Crunches
    3 x 10 x BW
    Rolling Planks
    3 x 10 x BW
    Butt Walks
    6 x 10 x BW - 3 forward, 3 back
    Banded Hip Thrusts
    3 x 10 x Band - about 30 lbs of tension

Deadlifts still to come.
    Speaking of sermons... Do you ever find inspiration from your lifting that carries over into a sermon?
    -Voltaire

Speaking of sermons... Do you ever find inspiration from your lifting that carries over into a sermon?
    Lifting, coaching, and Rocky Movies are some of my go to sources for illustrations. Rocky is always good for some groans.

"Guess what Day it is!" Deadlift Day Whoop Whoop

Deadlifts
    135 x 8
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    308 x 8

2" Deficit Deadlifts
    225 x 8
    225 x 8

SDL from 4" Block
    135 x 8

Smith Pendlay Rows
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8

Band Assisted Pulls and Chins
    5 Pullups
    8 Chins
    8 Neutral Grip Chins

DB Spider Rows
    50 x 8

NOTES
    Deadlifts - My post from instagram tells my story.
    Not every session is a PR. Save the PR’s for the meet. β€œWork the plan and let the plan work!” Beltless Deadlifts working to 61.6% of my goal weight.
    Deficits - Has been a while since I have done these so started light

Stiff Legged Deadlifts - I have never done these before. Started light, too light, but will keep these in rotation for now.

Band asst. Pulls and Chins - I can do a few of each without the band. I am wanting to increase volume, so I will use bands and slowly lower the height of the band until I am cranking out pullup volume.

Rows - a finisher that did their job today.

Good day, now to find some STEAK!

Lifting, coaching, and Rocky Movies are some of my go to sources for illustrations. Rocky is always good for some groans.
    Kind of intimidating when the pastor looks at you and monotones "If he dies... He dies."
    -Voltaire

Deadlifts
    135 x 8
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    308 x 8

2" Deficit Deadlifts
    225 x 8
    225 x 8

SDL from 4" Block
    135 x 8

Smith Pendlay Rows
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8

Band Assisted Pulls and Chins
    5 Pullups
    8 Chins
    8 Neutral Grip Chins

DB Spider Rows
    50 x 8

NOTES
    Deadlifts - My post from instagram tells my story.

Deficits - Has been a while since I have done these so started light

Stiff Legged Deadlifts - I have never done these before. Started light, too light, but will keep these in rotation for now.

Band asst. Pulls and Chins - I can do a few of each without the band. I am wanting to increase volume, so I will use bands and slowly lower the height of the band until I am cranking out pullup volume.

Rows - a finisher that did their job today.

Good day, now to find some STEAK!
    Great job! I just recently added Stiff-legged deadlifts to my assistance exercises -- when I can get around to doing them at all. I do them very light also, and still find that they really affect my hamstrings.

I'll be doing a lot more of them starting about a month from now.
    -Voltaire

Kind of intimidating when the pastor looks at you and monotones "If he dies... He dies."
    Now that made me laugh.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rocky is always good for some groans.
    My preacher's last name is Stone and he's actually done Rocky IN CHARACTER (and not a bad rendition either). He calls it "Stoney doing Rocky"
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Monday Squat Day

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    245 x 5
    262 x 5
    262 x 5

Belt Squats
    125 x 10
    125 x 10

Quad Blaster - Body weight Sissy Squats

Leg Extension
    95 x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 10

GHR

Good Mornings
    140 x 10
    140 x 10

NOTES
    Wife is fighting the flu, I am just waiting for the shoe to drop. Work went well overall. Slight tweak in lower back on right side after I turned funny . Was not bearing any load, was writing in my log. Odd. Cut out a set on Belt Squats and Good Mornings.

Today, I began teaching my weightlifting class to students from the Homeschool group that meets in our church. I have 4 boys now learning strength training. Today was assessments. The two that play sports (soccer, basketball and football), struggled the most. This will be interesting, but I now have the makings of Team Dunamis v.2.0

Wife is fighting the flu, I am just waiting for the shoe to drop. Work went well overall.
    Hope she feels better soon! I really hate this time of year!

Slight tweak in lower back on right side after I turned funny . Was not bearing any load, was writing in my log. Odd. Cut out a set on Belt Squats and Good Mornings.
    Seems that's exactly when these things are most likely to happen. I injure myself far more often doing nothing, or just walking across the yard, than I do while making an effort.

Today, I began teaching my weightlifting class to students from the Homeschool group that meets in our church. I have 4 boys now learning strength training. Today was assessments. The two that play sports (soccer, basketball and football), struggled the most. This will be interesting, but I now have the makings of Team Dunamis v.2.0
    That IS interesting. Could it be because they already have ingrained muscle/nerve pathways and the weights contradict where their muscles are trained to want to go?
    -Voltaire

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    ROCKY is a god, Adrian is a goddess.

from bamazav's SIG:

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year 400 Sq, 225 Bench, 500 DL
    You are on the right track and very good at picking up your own pace without breaking stride.

Now it's your time, way to go pastor!! Everytime when you teach something to the next generation, you learn something for yourself to move on to the NEXT YOU!

Wife is fighting the flu, I am just waiting for the shoe to drop. Work went well overall. Slight tweak in lower back on right side after I turned funny . Was not bearing any load, was writing in my log. Odd. Cut out a set on Belt Squats and Good Mornings.
    Seems that's exactly when these things are most likely to happen. I injure myself far more often doing nothing, or just walking across the yard, than I do while making an effort.
    Wives always outlive us, so you just worry about yourself, Dav! and you too Zave.........!? I think I'm Kaz........pray tell me, should I worry about myself.
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

Wake up Zav! You cannot avoid getting older every morning by oversleeping!!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 02-13-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Wake up Zav! You cannot avoid getting older every morning by oversleeping!!

Spoiler!
    I am awake. Funny, I asked "Alexa" to play some Chicago this morning and this was the first song that played.

This past week was strangely busy and then we had to go out of town for my wife's doctor's appointment. That put me behind this week. I will be in the gym in about an hour and a half. Some Squats and Bench work today.

Squat and bench press go together like peas and carrots! With a workout like that, you may find it β€œHard To Say I’m Sorry.”
    -Voltaire

Training Session updates

Squat and bench press go together like peas and carrots! With a workout like that, you may find it β€œHard To Say I’m Sorry.”
    I see what you did there! Nice Chicago reference. You were right, squat and bench went together perfectly, good for supersetting too. Just like "Old Days," I may have to bring that pairing back for good.

2/8/2019

Deadlifts
    45 x 8 - as RDL
    135 x 8 - sumo and hook grip
    225 x 5 sumo and hook grip
    320 x 8 - conventional 5 hood grip, 3 mixed grip

NOTES
    Wife had the flu all week and my weekend was busy, causing me to cut out the accessories and just deadlift. I am trying to work my hook grip up with the goal of switching from mixed grip. Better for my biceps long term.

2/13/2019

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    275 x 5

Bench Press
    45 x 8
    95 x 8
    152 x 8
    152 x 8

Front Squats (Squat Harness)
    45 x 5
    115 x 8
    115 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press
    130 x 8
    130 x 8

45 degree Back Extensions

DB Bench
    50 x 6
    50 x 8

NOTES
    My lumbar region has been a bit tender lately. Bothers it more than anything, so was a bit cautious today.

Squats - Felt unusually strong today. I stayed with the plan as opposed to pushing it, but I probably could have pushed 8 out on both sets if I wanted.

Front Squats - I purchased a new toy, a front Squat Harness, so today was experimenting with that. Started light, to get used to the different center of gravity. It does make Front squats easier on the wrists, and shoulders.

Everything else went as planned.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Close Grip Bench Press
    130 x 8
    130 x 8
    David, you're a more regimented man than me . . . I think my ego would have forced me to throw a wheel on each side regardless what my "program" said
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    David, you're a more regimented man than me . . . I think my ego would have forced me to throw a wheel on each side regardless what my "program" said
    In the past I would have done the same. Now, I am trying to"work the plan and let the plan work."

Deadlift Day (The REAL Valentines Day) 2/16/2019

Deadlifts
    45 x 5 - Sumo RDL
    135 x 5 - Sumo
    225 x 5 - Sumo
    315 x 3 - Sumo
    330 x 3 - conventional with belt

Dimel Deadlift
    225 x 8

Deficit Deadlifts
    245 x 2
    245 x 2
    245 x 2
    245 x 2

T-Bar Rows (Plate Weight Only)
    115 x 8
    115 x 8
    115 x 8

Band Assisted Pullups and Chins
    5 Wide Grip Pullups
    5 Chins
    5 Neutral Grip Chins

Hanging Leg Raises
    15 - Knee Raises

NOTES
    My favorite day of the week, Deadlift Day.

Went well, well almost, I forgot the 2 lbs of micro weights on the deadlifts. Still an increase of 10 lbs over last week, so no complaints here. Focused on driving through hips by pushing the floor away from me. Working sets went up easy, which bodes well for the next few weeks.

Accessories went well. Will add weight to all.

Nutrition has been pretty good. Will be getting blood work done on Monday to check everything out ( I have it done every three months due to liver and trt). Weight has stayed consistent, not gaining, not losing, but leaning out.

Tuesday, I finally let my teenage clients start to work with barbells. First few weeks were bodyweight and DB, while working on stamina and form. We will begin to learn the Squat and Bench Press. They are excited.

Squat Day Whoop whoop!

Squats
    45 x 5 - paused
    135 x 5 - paused
    225 x 5
    286 x 5
    286 x 3 - was falling forward due to misplacing the bar, too high
    286 x 2

Paused Front Squat Harness Squats
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Leg Extension
    100 x 10
    100 x 10

Quad Blaster (sissy squats)

GHR

Banded Good Mornings
    45 x 8
    115 x 8
    115 x 8

NOTES
    Balance was off on my second working set of squats, I couldn't correct during the set so I racked the bar. Knocked out the final two to hit the total volume.

Banded Good Mornings - these were different. I stretched a band across my rack. I then unracked the bar and stepped forward, stretching the band around my waist. I then did Good mornings. The band released tension on the backward movement of the hip hinge and creates tension as you stand up straight. Causes you to tighten up the glutes a bit more. Need to to tweak it a bit more, but I liked the change to the traditional Good Mornings.

You and Dave have strong core. You two both are having a great progress toward your goals respectively.

Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah....., you should be "Feelin' Stronger Every Day" and surely deserve that!!

Way to go, Zav!!

You and Dave have strong core. You two both are having a great progress toward your goals respectively.

Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah....., you should be "Feelin' Stronger Every Day" and surely deserve that!!

Way to go, Zav!!
    Thanks Kaz. I want to hit my goals this year. No I want to shatter them.

Working on the weakest lift Day

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    168 x 5
    168 x 5

CGBP
    143 x 5
    143 x 5

Incline Bench
    121 x 5
    21 x 5

Glass OHP
    100 x 8
    100 x 8

Swiss Bar Curls
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

Smith Machine Skulls - Plate Weight Only
    bar only x 8
    20 x 10
    20 x 10

Pushups

Thanks Kaz. I want to hit my goals this year. No I want to shatter them.
    And you will!
    -Voltaire

"Guess what Day it is!" Deadlift Day Whoop Whoop

Deadlifts
    45 x 5 - RDL warmups
    95 x 5 - RDL sumo warmup
    95 x 5 - RDL conventional
    135 x 5 sumo
    225 x 5 sumo
    315 x 3
    340 x 3 - hook grip
    340 x 3 - put on cobra grips

Dimel Deadlifts
    230 x 8

Deficit Deadlifts
    245 x 3
    245 x 3
    245 x 3
    245 x 3

T-Bar Rows - Plate weight only
    125 x 8
    125 x 8 - did the final two sets Pendlay Row style. I like these much better
    125 x 8

Band assisted WIDE Grip Pullups
    3 - No gas left

NOTES
    Deads went well. I wanted to work on the hook grip and set a new personal best for reps using the hook grip today. I put the cobra grips on for the final set and the rest of the session, as I accomplished what i wanted on set 1 and wanted to focus on lift form the last set. That said, I am ahead of schedule for meets later this year which is a good thing.

We had a huge breakfast this morning, so I did not have lunch. I think that contributed to my running out of gas on the pullups. My lower back has been funky the last week or two. Not disk related, just tightness and minor spasm. Used my portable tens machine the other day, and I suspect I will be wearing it again tomorrow. Not an injury, per se, just a nuisance.

Squat Day

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    297 x 5
    297 x 5

Pause Front Squats
    145 x 5
    145 x 5

Leg Extension
    105 x 12
    105 x 12

Banded Good Mornings
    145 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 10

Quad Blaster