Thread: Carbs Vs fat

WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carbs Vs fat

Weight: 178lbs, calories: 1700 per day, P: 178, rest shared. Goal, lose fat

Does it make a difference when on a cut with the above macros on how many carbs you eat Vs fat?

My fat intake is usually 3.5, but usually it's higher and very low on carbs i.e. 100 or less carbs on most days.

Could I still build LITTLE muscle and lose fat? I know the theory is calories in Vs calories out but I'm not seeing any results so should I continue for longer or make any changes?

Currently doing Fierce Five and been doing this for approximately 3 months. I guess my body fat is around 22%.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From a fatloss perspective it won't matter. As long as your fats are not too low you can do whatever you like.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WaughFitness View Post
    My fat intake is usually 3.5
    3.5 grams? %?

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight: 178lbs, calories: 1700 per day, P: 178, rest shared. Goal, lose fat

Does it make a difference when on a cut with the above macros on how many carbs you eat Vs fat?

My fat intake is usually 3.5, but usually it's higher and very low on carbs i.e. 100 or less carbs on most days.

Could I still build LITTLE muscle and lose fat? I know the theory is calories in Vs calories out but I'm not seeing any results so should I continue for longer or make any changes?

Currently doing Fierce Five and been doing this for approximately 3 months. I guess my body fat is around 22%.
    What is "3.5 fat intake"?

Looking at some of your prior posts, you're all over the place. And you've asked similar questions, but still haven't been able to gain control.

It took you 1.5 years to lose 20 pounds, should have been under 6 months. You were doing F5 then (so over 4 months). Don't you (accurately) track your caloric intake, and workouts?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175830501

You've bulked, you've cut, doing F5...but it seems you never get results, according to you.

Hell, a year and a half ago, you'd been on F5 for a year.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174045371

Im 5ft 6, approx 175lbs.

I've been running the Fierce 5 program for a year, i started with 1800 whilst cutting as my bodyfat was high. After 6mths i decided to go on a mild bulk so upped my calories by 200, totalling 2000. I noticed muscle growth as the weight i was lifting was heavier than before and gaining 7 pounds.

I now to go on a cut again to shred some body fat. I took down my calories back down to 1800 and been at it for around 1 month. So far no weight has been lost and has remained the same. Im lifting the same weight - perhaps a little more than before and doing the same program.

I've not seen a lot of changes in the mirror. Is it too early to see any weight drop (was assuming water weight would come down)? I'm tracking all my calories and macros, fitting into the same clothes and not sure if i need more time now since ive gained more muscle? Or simply do i need to change from this program?
    And another "what do I do" post

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1447058243

Now you're saying you're low carb, whereas before you said you didn't do well on low carb:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1426731491

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1420792141

I'm on a calorie deficit, my current routine consists of 2000 calories of which is high in protein and fat. Carb intake can be low as 90-110 grams perhaps one day of the week I may consume approximately 140-150.

Would a low carb diet cause fat loss and MUSCLE loss?

Is there a ratio to follow to reduce muscle loss if carb intake is low that's if there is some truth having low carbs causes muscle loss?
    Have you even bothered reading the stickies in the Nutritional forum, because either you just like asking questions, you don't have a clue, or you're inaccurately tracking cals/macros, and doing half-assed workouts.

It's really not that hard Op. Seriously, Not. That. Hard.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaughFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    What is "3.5 fat intake"?

Looking at some of your prior posts, you're all over the place. And you've asked similar questions, but still haven't been able to gain control.

It took you 1.5 years to lose 20 pounds, should have been under 6 months. You were doing F5 then (so over 4 months). Don't you (accurately) track your caloric intake, and workouts?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175830501

You've bulked, you've cut, doing F5...but it seems you never get results, according to you.

Hell, a year and a half ago, you'd been on F5 for a year.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174045371

And another "what do I do" post

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1447058243

Now you're saying you're low carb, whereas before you said you didn't do well on low carb:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1426731491

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1420792141

Have you even bothered reading the stickies in the Nutritional forum, because either you just like asking questions, you don't have a clue, or you're inaccurately tracking cals/macros, and doing half-assed workouts.

It's really not that hard Op. Seriously, Not. That. Hard.
    35% of 1700 calories.

Yes I've tried loads. So you can tell I've made a number of changes i.e. increased calories in case I'm in too much of a deficit, added a set but then I find recovery issues. Change from 5 reps to 8 etc.

Just trying to find the right spot for me as there's so much info out there and some may not be entirely correct and feel but seeing results that fast but some do.

Thanks for taking the time to get my posts, I'll go through them again.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    35% of 1700 calories.

Yes I've tried loads. So you can tell I've made a number of changes i.e. increased calories in case I'm in too much of a deficit, added a set but then I find recovery issues. Change from 5 reps to 8 etc.

Just trying to find the right spot for me as there's so much info out there and some may not be entirely correct and feel but seeing results that fast but some do.

Thanks for taking the time to get my posts, I'll go through them again.
    So where does 35% relate according to .4-.5g per lb/bw?

You're not allowing yourself enough time to judge results of what you're doing. You're expecting immediate results, and when you don't get them, you jump to something else.

STOP reading info from "out there" then come here asking why you're not getting results. Stickies, read them!

Pick a program (full body from the stickies), ONE program, and stay on it for at least 6 months. Don't change it, run it as written regardless of what you've read, think, or feel.

Get your TDEE squared-away, and adjust accordingly to gain/cut. Weigh and track your food ACCURATELY, and if you don't have a food scale, go buy one at SprawlMart for $15. If you don't track accurately, you're pissing in the wind. Don't compare your results to others, we're individuals with our own genetics. Compare yourself to yourself, and if you're improving compared to yourself.

Some think if another eats a certain diet, takes certain supplements, and runs a certain program....that if they mimic this, they'll have identical results. You might, if you have similar genetics. Odds are you'll be standing in front of the fan again splashing yourself in the face.

Give yourself 2 weeks before you adjust calories in either direction. Many here have said it before, stop making it harder than it is. Learn what you need to do, do it, and give it the time required to see results.

Hell, I'm over 60, you think I wouldn't like to keep up with some of these guys here, pound some big weight and pack on some mass? LOL, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm smart enough to know those days are over for me. All I can do is be the best I can be with what I have to work with.

That's all any of us can do.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew