Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what didnt make sense to me was Coop mentioning that those who plan on doing olympic lifts with the bar and having to grab it at the smooth part of the shaft.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that those who are looking to perform olympic lifts, most likely arent looking at 29mm bars. additionally, there aren't even WLing markings on there so i'm not sure why Coop would even bring up olympic lifts.

i thought about urban when he mentioned the mammoth bar haha
    100% 中國人

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    A couple other things: Dinging smooth sleeves is still to me. I can't speak for others but I hate sleeves that are ribbed. It takes all of 2 seconds to put on collars so the 'ribbing keeps the plates from sliding off' is just inane to me.

'Although most people could get away with a much lower tensile strength, it's nice having the piece of mind that a 215K PSI rated bar provides.' GTFO with the 'I need piece of mind that 215K supplies. This is just non-sense
    +100000. Ribbed sleeves are beginning to end my relationship with Rogue bars. My latest bumper plates just sing, in a bad way, on my Rogue bars. Drives me insane. I'm looking at American Barbell and Rep Fitness for bars now due to their smooth sleeves.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dailob View Post
    what didnt make sense to me was Coop mentioning that those who plan on doing olympic lifts with the bar and having to grab it at the smooth part of the shaft.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that those who are looking to perform olympic lifts, most likely arent looking at 29mm bars. additionally, there aren't even WLing markings on there so i'm not sure why Coop would even bring up olympic lifts.
    That is ridiculous. Beginning to really question Coop's knowledge/motivations.. I could see that remark if it was a 28.5mm bar with dual markings, but it's not. It's CLEARLY not an Oly bar.

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post

I actually like the concept of this bar and I think it makes sense, especially in a large, high use facility. It's probably a really nice multi-purpose training bar that will stay straight and do what it is supposed to do in a large, high use facility much like the classic Iron Grip Power Bar which this bar has a close similarity. But this isn't a squat bar...
    Thanks. The concept came from bobcat here on the forum.

Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post
    I personally disagree with a lot in that review.
    Yeah I think there's a bit of misunderstanding what the bar does and why it's like that. He looked at ribbed sleeves as though it's a cost-cutting feature not to have them. It costs nothing more for ribbed sleeves and was an intentional design choice for smooth. That said, his opinion might mirror others' impressions, so I think anyone that reads the review can determine whether his complaints with the bar are valid for them or not. In the future, as his experience grows, it might be nice to simply mention his subjective preference versus what is an objective negative/positive.

Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    Anyone think we'll see the AB-5000 or AB-5100 by Black Friday? Trying to plan my purchases now. Don't want to wait indefinitely for an FID bench.
    No. The first production run was finished and inspected last week, but packaging needed to be tweaked on the 5000's as the box was too small to pad the parts properly. We'll open up for pre-orders once the first load is on the water very soon.

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    Any idea when the functional trainer will be back in stock? I'm eyeing one for the near future...
    Mid/late december. It's undergone a design revision that took some time to re-work the tooling. Improvements:

1) Column adjustment has wheels inside for easier adjustment up/down of the handles.
    2) Pulleys at top of frame moved under frame height for less chance of shipping damage and to fit under lower ceilings.
    3) Attachment point of adjustable handles changed to allow shorter people to do standing vertical curl with full arm extension. (around 5'4" and taller is fine without needing to step back).
    4) Attachment storage changed to two levels of fixed hooks. 1 less part to break compared to old design.

Plus a few random smaller tweaks to address anything we had issues with.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post

No. The first production run was finished and inspected last week, but packaging needed to be tweaked on the 5000's as the box was too small to pad the parts properly. We'll open up for pre-orders once the first load is on the water very soon.
    Do you know the weight of both benches yet?

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    Do you know the weight of both benches yet?
    Only one I know offhand is 5000. It's 112 lbs. 5100 will be a little lighter.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So who's going for the AB-5100 or AB-5000? I'm on the fence about the AB-5000. I just don't know if the zero gap will make an sort of difference.

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That review is completely off and key points that were mentioned are against everything that forum members prefer.

1. smooth area at the end which was suggested here.

2. Ribbed sleeves vs Smooth sleeves . GTFOH. So far i have not heard anybody specifically state that they prefer ribbed sleeves over smooth sleeves. Most don't care . Some including yours truly prefers smooth sleeves.

3. When did 29 mm bars became true SQ bar?

4. Suggesting a 29mm bar with aggressive knurl for Oly lifts ?

Will wait for Bobcat's review. May be afterwards we will see an update to the current review.
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    +100000. Ribbed sleeves are beginning to end my relationship with Rogue bars. My latest bumper plates just sing, in a bad way, on my Rogue bars. Drives me insane. I'm looking at American Barbell and Rep Fitness for bars now due to their smooth sleeves.
    I agree as well. Coop definitely missed the mark on this review, and it's surprising with his wall of barbells he didn't even know the Irongrip has had this feature for a long while. The positive takeaway was the compliment on the knurl, sounds like a winner for those who prefer more aggressive stick! Biggest WTF comment for me was a tie between people preferring ribbed sleeves and it's main purpose being for squats LOL.

Thejosef, I pulled a REP plate off the Mammoth bar yesterday and it was almost 100% silent. Barely even heard a 'Zip' sound, almost died of shock coming from a heavily ribbed Texas Power Bar. I had forgotten how AMAZING smooth sleeves were, and like others I'm fine with needing to use collars to keep them from moving.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    GTFO with the 'I need piece of mind that 215K supplies. This is just non-sense
    lol, agreed.
    And lol at "piece" of mind.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vhd16 View Post
    That review is completely off and key points that were mentioned are against everything that forum members prefer.

1. smooth area at the end which was suggested here.

2. Ribbed sleeves vs Smooth sleeves . GTFOH. So far i have not heard anybody specifically state that they prefer ribbed sleeves over smooth sleeves. Most don't care . Some including yours truly prefers smooth sleeves.

3. When did 29 mm bars became true SQ bar?

4. Suggesting a 29mm bar with aggressive knurl for Oly lifts ?

Will wait for Bobcat's review. May be afterwards we will see an update to the current review.
    I didn't get the vibe Coop was saying this bar could be used for Oly lifts, but he did say this: "Also, shortening the knurling would make it difficult for people who perform snatch grip deadlifts..." I guess my comeback for Coop on this one is people who are seeking this bar out already know what they are getting into with the design, and they aren't likely doing Sn DL with this bar, so throwing that part in there just seems like he's taking a dig just to take a dig. The reality is even if someone were to Sn DL with a 29mm bar, fully knurled or not, they likely aren't doing some without straps of some kind, so whether it's knurled or not isn't such a big deal since you'd be strapping up anyway. The Sn DL isn't a lift that many PLers do with any regularity, and while WLers would certainly do it, they'd do so on a 28mm bar, with straps, so I'm not understanding why he brought this up as such an issue.

The smooth vs ribbed sleeve complaint seems like another really small thing to make a deal about. The reality is that there's plenty of people who dislike ribbed sleeves, myself included, even though it's not really going to steer me into a different direction if I like a bar and it has ribbed sleeves. So just because he doesn't like smooth sleeves to me isn't enough of a reason to ding the bar or the construction of the bar, that's just his own personal preference.

There's just so much wrong with this review.

Duke, if you want me to do a legit review of the bar, I will have my Army guys use it and actually compare it with the Iron Grip PB, and Rogue OHB and OPB I have in my facility...I'd be glad to give it an unbiased review. I just don't think anyone can put much legitimacy with Coop's reviews anymore.

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Does anyone know what type of black friday deals rep fitness typically runs on their plates?

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks. The concept came from bobcat here on the forum.

Yeah I think there's a bit of misunderstanding what the bar does and why it's like that. He looked at ribbed sleeves as though it's a cost-cutting feature not to have them. It costs nothing more for ribbed sleeves and was an intentional design choice for smooth. That said, his opinion might mirror others' impressions, so I think anyone that reads the review can determine whether his complaints with the bar are valid for them or not. In the future, as his experience grows, it might be nice to simply mention his subjective preference versus what is an objective negative/positive.

Mid/late december. It's undergone a design revision that took some time to re-work the tooling. Improvements:

1) Column adjustment has wheels inside for easier adjustment up/down of the handles.
    2) Pulleys at top of frame moved under frame height for less chance of shipping damage and to fit under lower ceilings.
    3) Attachment point of adjustable handles changed to allow shorter people to do standing vertical curl with full arm extension. (around 5'4" and taller is fine without needing to step back).
    4) Attachment storage changed to two levels of fixed hooks. 1 less part to break compared to old design.

Plus a few random smaller tweaks to address anything we had issues with.
    That's interesting. I'm in talks a bodycraft guy who can get me out the door for about the same price as your functional trainer.
    The Rep one has more weight but the bodycraft one has more levels to adjust.

I'm leaning more towards yours once it gets back in stock.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Restomod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was going to start a Rep thread this week, I'm very impressed with Rep's PR-3000 Power Rack. It's a great solid rack, nice welds and podercoating. I see they recently dropped the price $50 which I thought was a great price already. If you have not previously considered them, I recommend you do so.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So I shot someone an email yesterday morning to the email address on your website, and they said pre-orders will be available for black friday. That's good information for me, when shopping coming deals.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    Does anyone know what type of black friday deals rep fitness typically runs on their plates?
    Last year the 275lbs set of Equalizer plates went for $318 but you have to factor in shipping too.

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm thinking Coop is a moron more and more every review...
    There's just so much wrong with this review.
    On spread

Considering the bar was just released, I don't want to write a review without really testing it out - as much as I really want to! I want to do an honest review based on experience, not just specs.

I read Coop's review and I'm not really sure about some of his points. This bar is obviously a powerlifting bar and if someone is doing snatch DL's or other movements, they'd likely have a 28mm weightlifting bar.

The bar is meant to compete (and IMO a better design) with the $500 Iron Grip OB-7 gym bar, the $700 Eleiko Rack Bar and to a small degree with the $325 American Barbell Gym Bar. The last one not really being a competitor since the passive knurl extends too far.

Lastly, again, I'll wait to use it more for the review.... but I really didn't understand Coop's point about moving the bar. I didn't record this for the review, I just like to see my form (and truth be told, I don't like it in this video), but sharing to make a point (intellectual honesty). This was from some lifting I did a couple of hours ago. Note how easily the bar moves on the J-cups after I racked it. Try that with another power bar...

Last edited by bobcat255; 10-30-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #25 ▪[M]====[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #100 []---[]

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bobcat255 View Post
    On spread

Considering the bar was just released, I don't want to write a review without really testing it out - as much as I really want to! I want to do an honest review based on experience, not just specs.

I read Coop's review and I'm not really sure about some of his points. This bar is obviously a powerlifting bar and if someone is doing snatch DL's or other movements, they'd likely have a 28mm weightlifting bar.

The bar is meant to compete (and IMO a better design) with the $500 Iron Grip OB-7 gym bar, the $700 Eleiko Rack Bar and to a small degree with the $325 American Barbell Gym Bar. The last one not really being a competitor since the passive knurl extends too far.

Lastly, again, I'll wait to use it more for the review.... but I really didn't understand Coop's point about moving the bar. I didn't record this for the review, I just like to see my form (and truth be told, I don't like it in this video), but sharing to make a point (intellectual honesty). This was from some lifting I did a couple of hours ago. Note how easily the bar moves on the J-cups after I racked it. Try that with another power bar...

I totally agree, and while I can't specifically comment on the PowerSpeed bar and how it slides across a Jcup, I can comment on how the Iron Grip PB slides compared to say a Rogue OHP and OPB and I can definitively say it is easier. I really am not sure how Coop came to that conclusion, but again, I haven't seen the bar first hand and therefore just have to defer to others who have. I'll just say that zero knurling means less friction, and less friction makes for easier sliding and that doesn't really matter what weight it is, less friction is just easier.

I'd be very curious to A/B the PowerSpeed bar with the Iron Grip PB. As I've mentioned before, I'm generally a fan of the IG PB just because of how solid a bar it is. These bars are used for just about every purpose in my facility and they're totally reliable. I also believe, unless someone is truly a competitive PLer, not having the knurl extend all the way to the sleeve isn't going to really make that big of a training difference, plus, it will keep the bar and Jcups looking good.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As I've mentioned before, I'm generally a fan of the IG PB just because of how solid a bar it is. These bars are used for just about every purpose in my facility and they're totally reliable..
    Recently had the chance to use the IG and I have found myself gravitating to it more and more at the gym. Very nice barbell, comfortable for pressing and despite being in a high use/abuse environment it still looks fantastic. At least compared to the Westside bars in the gym which look absolutely destroyed. The extended center knurl seems like it would be a popular choice for squatting as well. If they weren't so expensive I would probably buy one in the future, but it's hard to wrap my head around paying $500 for a chrome bar with stainless on the rise.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Recently had the chance to use the IG and I have found myself gravitating to it more and more at the gym. Very nice barbell, comfortable for pressing and despite being in a high use/abuse environment it still looks fantastic. At least compared to the Westside bars in the gym which look absolutely destroyed. The extended center knurl seems like it would be a popular choice for squatting as well. If they weren't so expensive I would probably buy one in the future, but it's hard to wrap my head around paying $500 for a chrome bar with stainless on the rise.
    The origin of the price point was years ago it was priced to compete with the Ivanko OBS-20KG and OBXS-20KG which, believe it or not, were actually priced in the $500 range in the early 2000s. Now, both Ivanko and Iron Grip bars are completely insane in their price points currently, relative to other comparable bars with similar specs. That said, as you mentioned, there's other bars that are considered comparable that just don't weather like either Ivanko or Iron Grip bars, so maybe it goes back to the saying, you get what you pay for, and I genuinely believe that to be the case in larger, high use facilities. I can tell you this much, I've gone out and started cycling through the bars in our facility and have been adding both Rogue SS OHB,OPB, and Bella bars, and while they like the new bars, I can tell you that the preference right now for a lot is still with the IG PB. There's just something about that bar that everyone just likes. It handles just about everything well except for heavy Oly lifts, but then again, it really wasn't meant to be used for those lifts.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    recently had the chance to use the ig and i have found myself gravitating to it more and more at the gym. Very nice barbell, comfortable for pressing and despite being in a high use/abuse environment it still looks fantastic. At least compared to the westside bars in the gym which look absolutely destroyed. The extended center knurl seems like it would be a popular choice for squatting as well. If they weren't so expensive i would probably buy one in the future, but it's hard to wrap my head around paying $500 for a chrome bar with stainless on the rise.
    ***gasp*** in chrome ***gasp***
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    ***gasp*** in chrome ***gasp***
    Based on Rogue's estimation, I have IG PBs that should've been buried already behind the gym, but for some reason, they are 7-8 years past the recommended life of the F Scale.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll have my review of the PowerSpeed bar posted tomorrow. Took a bunch of pics this morning that I need to process.

In the meantime, here's an interesting knurl comparison I made.

I compare this knurl very favorably to the Vulcan Absolute v2, which is probably my personal favorite knurl.

The rogue OPB start stops are the messiest of any bar I own. Not that it means anything in terms of performance, but interesting nonetheless.

The SS look on the Rep PB is stunning.

Last edited by GamecockLifter; 10-31-2018 at 08:19 AM.

I'll have my review of the PowerSpeed bar posted tomorrow. Took a bunch of pics this morning that I need to process.

I compare this knurl very favorably to the Vulcan Absolute v2, which is probably my personal favorite knurl.

The rogue OPB start stops are the messiest of any bar I own. Not that it means anything in terms of performance, but interesting nonetheless.

Great Pic! You need to add the Kabuki power bar and Stainless Vulcan, for fun.

My latest Rogue bar, a SS Oly bar has pretty rough stops/starts too. For the money ($595), it shouldn't be like that, IMO. I'm not sure if I'll be buying any more Rogue bars with all the other companies putting out such nice stuff lately. The Rep Powerspeed is looking like a great option.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Very interesting comparison. I have the Vulcan Absolute V2 and the knurl is amazing. Love it for pulling!

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can I join the club? 1000 lbs of Gray Equalizers on six post stands, FB-500 with Thompson Fat Pad, kettlebell racks, and 8-bar gun rack.

Weights on Post.jpg
    FB-500 with Thompson Fat Pad.jpg
    Gun Rack 2.jpg
    IG: @toadkillerdog

REP is definitely not playing around with their knurling, from the SS Power Bar to even the Aluminum Technique they have some of the cleanest looking patterns. I'm in line with Jason2459 to see what happens with the next revision of the stainless barbell, having almost a 1,000lbs of their Equalizer plates it feels wrong to not own at least ONE of their barbells. A more aggressive (uncoated) stainless from REP would compliment my Mammoth bar nicely, which I don't think can be classified as anything other than 'Passive' by most lifters.

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd be very curious to A/B the PowerSpeed bar with the Iron Grip PB. As I've mentioned before, I'm generally a fan of the IG PB just because of how solid a bar it is. These bars are used for just about every purpose in my facility and they're totally reliable. I also believe, unless someone is truly a competitive PLer, not having the knurl extend all the way to the sleeve isn't going to really make that big of a training difference, plus, it will keep the bar and Jcups looking good.
    Recently had the chance to use the IG and I have found myself gravitating to it more and more at the gym. Very nice barbell, comfortable for pressing and despite being in a high use/abuse environment it still looks fantastic.
    Agree with both of you. I also like using the IG PB and that's one of the bars I'm comparing to. One thing to note though, is that the IG PB doesn't have rings at the standard/IPF width - it doesn't match any other bar. This really throws me off, because that's what I use to figure out hand placement, especially for bench.

For reference, a friend of mine uses the IG PB for training and I asked him to compare to the REP Powerspeed bar, here's what he said:
    "As aggressive as the knurling is on the Iron grip bars, I think yours is even moreso. I think I like yours more, although theyre both the best Ive ever used, so its close"

Excellent macro shots! I took a few as well, but may have to refer to (steal) yours. Can't wait to read your review.
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #25 ▪[M]====[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #100 []---[]

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree with both of you. I also like using the IG PB and that's one of the bars I'm comparing to. One thing to note though, is that the IG PB doesn't have rings at the standard/IPF width - it doesn't match any other bar. This really throws me off, because that's what I use to figure out hand placement, especially for bench.

For reference, a friend of mine uses the IG PB for training and I asked him to compare to the REP Powerspeed bar, here's what he said:
    "As aggressive as the knurling is on the Iron grip bars, I think yours is even moreso. I think I like yours more, although theyre both the best Ive ever used, so its close"

Excellent macro shots! I took a few as well, but may have to refer to (steal) yours. Can't wait to read your review.
    Thanks, and likewise, buddy!

Yes, my only real knock on the IG PB is their ring placement. If they put it where the classic IPF marks and extended the knurl on the outsides just a touch more, it would essentially be perfect. That was what I had hoped the PowerSpeed could be an improvement on.