Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Nice inspiration Athena!!!
    thanks!

Still at it, folks. In five days, I will be on a modified keto diet and back into my full-on bodybuilding for four months. People have been noticing the changes, and I'm being patient. I'm not going to get frustrated and quit and go backwards. It's just not going to happen. A couple of weeks ago, I finally started using the full dosage of the supp's I'm taking from Beverly International. I was just a hair under the dosage, thinking I didn't need the full deal. Well, the weight has finally started to really peel off. Last week, I lost 1.5 lbs of fat and put on 1/2 lb of muscle. Shocking, but true. I did the BF test two days in a row. This brings me to a total of 8 lbs of fat lost, and (if I'm remembering correctly) 3 lbs of muscle gained in nearly four months. Pretty damned good.

This morning I made myself cry during my pushup workout!! It's just like the old days!

Gonna quickly check in with others, then I've got to get to work.

Make it a great day, folks -- why spend this ONE DAY being miserable? After all, you can't ever get this day back.
    Athi

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work, Athi. I love that you have outlined a plan and are chugging forward!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Great work, Athi. I love that you have outlined a plan and are chugging forward!
    HOOOOOSIER IN THE HOUSE!

Holy cow it's good to see you here...though I know you won't be back to see this again.

~~ * ~~

Can't figure out the numbers on the BF tester from week to week. If they're right, I've either put on three lbs of muscle over the past four months, or lost a pound of muscle. It's very weird. I'm going to stick with "put on three lbs of muscle."

Switching to power exercises for the next month with higher reps as usual. I need to start packing on the muscle here. Increasing protein considerably as well. I can't even say if I've been hitting 100g daily on a consistent basis.

Today's workout: pushup drop sets and straight bar overhead presses

Pushup drop sets go as follows: AMRAP each angle -- floor, then to a rack the hubs has set up for deads, then to the bench, then to modified from my knees on the floor. So I'm decreasing the total weight required for each angle. No break between angles = one set. I have to meet or beat the total number of reps from the week before. Today's total reps was 64 -- in two sets of the four angles each. Four more reps than last week. WOOT!

Followed by four sets of straight bar overhead presses.

Lots of rest between sets since the hubs and I were doing work in the barn between our respective sets.

FINALLY hit 126 lbs yesterday. Holy crap. Haven't seen that number in years. And I mean YEARS. Very happy right now. Doing lots of happy dances.

~athi

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats on 126 lbs!
    At age 63, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Congrats on 126 lbs!
    Thanks! Now down to 125 lbs. Wowza. My first official goal was 125 lbs, followed by 125 lbs with 20% BF. Can't say where I'm at with BF% because I can't get a clear read on the thing. Yeah, I know they're unreliable sometimes (mine hasn't been unreliable before...) but it should be consistently unreliable. What matters is that I'm fitting into pants I haven't fit into in YEARS and that I'm packing on really good muscle.

Okay, today's workout was:

46 min hike/jog/run, 3.3 mi. takes me a long time to get through this...i will never be able to jog the whole thing because the angle of the hill is so steep going up (i've taken other people with me who were nearly on their hands and knees begging for mercy on the last part of the hill), but have started to jog up a little bit of it. the controlled, chaotic run down the other side and back to the ranch is getting better.

immediately after the hike/jog/run was the following:

pushups: 110 total over five sets (yup, making crazy progress here)
    superset with
    assisted pullups: 90 total over six sets

i always finish up with standing rear flyes and my internal/external RC exercises

so this power program of mine is coming to a close soon, but i've made such great strides that i'm considering extending it into september. i work out three times a week:

workout 1: pushups & pullups, RC exercises and shoulder health/balancing
    workout 2: back squats & deadlifts
    workout 3: bench press & incline dumbbell rows on bench, RC exercises and shoulder exercises + health and balancing

diet has morphed into high protein, moderate fat, very low carbs, and i don't stick with it religiously every week. took a couple of weeks off during plum season (we have THE BEST plum tree on the ranch!), and that didn't even qualify as time off -- i just ate plums and blueberries and cherries those two weeks. it's all working for me and i'm a happy girl.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Wow. All great!!!
    At age 63, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621