Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)

Is my Lower back in danger?

Im currently doing many exercises involving lower back and Im afraid my back will get hurt over the long run..
    The exercises Im doing :
    Squats ( less involvement than a regular squat) - twice a week but the second variation is much less intense. , Romanian deadlift ( twice a week ) , rack pulls .. and I guess there are more but with little lower back involvment .
    My lower back isnt nagging my or something but generally is it too much ?
    Last edited by Orelabergel1; 10-17-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    Im 18
    Cutting atm.

FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Orelabergel1 View Post
    Im currently doing many exercises involving lower back and Im afraid it cant hurt my back ..
    The exercises Im doing :
    Squats ( less involvement than a regular squat) + lunges , Romanian deadlift ( twice a week ) , rack pulls .. and I guess there are more but with little lower back involvment .
    My lower back isnt nagging my or something but generally is it too much ?
    As long as you are felling good no reason to worry

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do up to a maximum of 11 sets of squats a week and 11 sets of deadlifts a week as well as several sets of back extensions. This is after suffering a back injury. Back has never felt better, no soreness, nagging injuries, etc.

Rack Pulls depending on the height don't tax the back as much and lunges barely affect the lower back. Like with other exercises, the best way to prevent injury is to lift with good technique and listen to your body. If at any point you have a lingering soreness in your lower back that lasts more than a few days or any type of sharp type of pain it is probably an indication you are doing something wrong. Of course there could be something wrong in the absence of pain but if you are lifting with good technique and are pain-free it's a pretty good sign everything is okay.

If anything, it's a good idea to do exercises that decompress the spine and bring blood flow to the spine (pull-ups or lat pulldowns, which IMO you should be doing anyway lol and something like back extensions or reverse hypers).

Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    I do up to a maximum of 11 sets of squats a week and 11 sets of deadlifts a week as well as several sets of back extensions. This is after suffering a back injury. Back has never felt better, no soreness, nagging injuries, etc.

Rack Pulls depending on the height don't tax the back as much and lunges barely affect the lower back. Like with other exercises, the best way to prevent injury is to lift with good technique and listen to your body. If at any point you have a lingering soreness in your lower back that lasts more than a few days or any type of sharp type of pain it is probably an indication you are doing something wrong. Of course there could be something wrong in the absence of pain but if you are lifting with good technique and are pain-free it's a pretty good sign everything is okay.

If anything, it's a good idea to do exercises that decompress the spine and bring blood flow to the spine (pull-ups or lat pulldowns, which IMO you should be doing anyway lol and something like back extensions or reverse hypers).
    My program is similar to yours ..
    total squatting is about 8-9 sets per week , total deadlifting ( Rack pulls \ romanian ) is about 10 sets ..
    and I incorporate pull ups \ lat pull downs twice a week ..
    Im 18
    Cutting atm.