newgoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need some tips. I am going to get frustrated

I have been working out at the complex at my condo unit. Now it is closing for repairs due to water damage for an unforeseen amount of time. I am not driving at the moment. I am looking at bus schedules to get to nearby gyms. I don't live close enough to get to one because I can't get around the highway easily on foot or a bicycle.

I have very little room and equipment to work out at home and I am concerned about losing progress and just bascially getting into a habit of NOT working out hard.

I can obviously go for a run outside to get in some cardio. I am not a dick of a neighbor so I don't want to my burpees and star jumps in my place because I don't live on the ground floor.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out how I can get this to work for me and my schedule. What would you do if you didn't have access to a lot of weights for a given period of time? Any advice you have on what you would do would be helpful for me please.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by newgoose View Post
    I have been working out at the complex at my condo unit. Now it is closing for repairs due to water damage for an unforeseen amount of time. I am not driving at the moment. I am looking at bus schedules to get to nearby gyms. I don't live close enough to get to one because I can't get around the highway easily on foot or a bicycle.

I have very little room and equipment to work out at home and I am concerned about losing progress and just bascially getting into a habit of NOT working out hard.

I can obviously go for a run outside to get in some cardio. I am not a dick of a neighbor so I don't want to my burpees and star jumps in my place because I don't live on the ground floor.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out how I can get this to work for me and my schedule. What would you do if you didn't have access to a lot of weights for a given period of time? Any advice you have on what you would do would be helpful for me please.
    Is there a park nearby? Monkey bars for pullups. Any open spaces for burpees and star jumps. Pushups with feet in a chair in your apartment. Have any dumb bells?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Is there a park nearby? Monkey bars for pullups. Any open spaces for burpees and star jumps. Pushups with feet in a chair in your apartment. Have any dumb bells?

There isn't a nearby park that I know of. The closest park is near a school and I have to see if I am allowed to be there or not. The access would be just a field so I can at least to some things there. I am hoping the gym is fixed before a lot of snow falls. Yeah, I have some weights. In the space I do have there is a low hanging fan so I can't do my snatches there without hitting it.

OfficialBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unfortunately, without a gym, you are left without many options. I do not know your goals (whether it is cardio, strength, or mass) but there are plenty of workouts you can do at home without being obnoxious. For example, you can do pushups, bench dips, a lot of core, etc. Look up "home workouts" and you will find thousands of helpful websites and articles. Personally, I believe bodyweight workouts are just as beneficial as machine or weights workouts. The only problem I see with home workouts is the potential lack of self-discipline. However, as long as you have enough willpower to exercise at home, you will not lose progress whatsoever.

Originally Posted by OfficialBB View Post
    Unfortunately, without a gym, you are left without many options. I do not know your goals (whether it is cardio, strength, or mass) but there are plenty of workouts you can do at home without being obnoxious. For example, you can do pushups, bench dips, a lot of core, etc. Look up "home workouts" and you will find thousands of helpful websites and articles. Personally, I believe bodyweight workouts are just as beneficial as machine or weights workouts. The only problem I see with home workouts is the potential lack of self-discipline. However, as long as you have enough willpower to exercise at home, you will not lose progress whatsoever.
    Thanks. The one issue I do have is that I don't have a lot of room or a bench to even do dips. Yes, there are exercises I can do I am just going to feel like I am not killing it in the gym if I am working out from home. I appreciate the advice.

joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joseperez18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Order Some resistance bands and go to youtube and find a bunch of resistance band workout routine you can basically hit almost any body part with the resistance band. Insanity resistance bands are the best there resistance is up to 150lb and they are all adjustastable for the proper weight for each exercise. You can also combine the resistance bands with different calisthenic exercises. Obviously you will be doing alot more reps then the usual workout but you will keep your gainz and see progress if the routine is solid. You can find some resistance bands here. onthegosupplments.com and the bands are under workout equipment.

If you have questions Feel free to Private message me.
    Good Luck and remember in the great words of Rich Piana "What ever it take."

shivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Suspension trainer, you can hook these to a door or on a hook in the ceiling, you can do a lot of bodyweight exercises, and change the difficulty level easily. works in small spaces.

Thanks to all who replied. I have a gym now so I have been working out. Trying to get to the point where I can push myself more.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks to all who replied. I have a gym now so I have been working out. Trying to get to the point where I can push myself more.
    Good deal. Go to the "workouts" section of this forum and hop on one of the novice routine in the stickies. Do it EXACTLY as written.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Good deal. Go to the "workouts" section of this forum and hop on one of the novice routine in the stickies. Do it EXACTLY as written.
    Thanks man. I wouldn't call myself a novice really though. I suck at controlling my diet and that is why progress is slower than i want for my goals.

Thanks man. I wouldn't call myself a novice really though. I suck at controlling my diet and that is why progress is slower than i want for my goals.
    What is your height and weight? What do you bench, squat, and deadlift?

Good questions. I haven't maxed out anything in a while, so I am not 100% what my max lifts are. I have free weight dumbbells and, sadly, a smith machine at my disposal for the moment. I am 5' 10' and last I checked I was 220. I put on some fat I am trying to shed. I am not looking to be a body builder and compete. Not sure how my max lifts help you.

Good questions. I haven't maxed out anything in a while, so I am not 100% what my max lifts are. I have free weight dumbbells and, sadly, a smith machine at my disposal for the moment. I am 5' 10' and last I checked I was 220. I put on some fat I am trying to shed. I am not looking to be a body builder and compete. Not sure how my max lifts help you.
    Tells me if you're still a novice lifter. It is not dependent on how long you've been working out... I'll say it again, hop on one of the novice routines and follow exactly as written until progression seriously stalls.

markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) markish is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    your working out at the gym at your apartment complex. im sure some of the machines dont work either. learn how to gym brah